Star Crossed

Strip The Moderaters Of Their Meagre Powers?

I feel the time is long-overdue to officially declare my position; I wish for all Moderaters to be stripped of their "powers" and returned to the same level of ignominy as the rest of us huddled, unwashed masses.

If anyone can offer me a decent explanation as to their raison d'être, I will accept that they are a valid institution. That old chestnut "so they can delete/manage their erroneous posts" doesn't hold any water with me; if they are whoring too much and too badly, they should be banned, not given powers to cloak their whoredom.

I do not believe that any of the 3 current Moderaters (Windsor, Tempus Fugit and Banshees Scream) possess the wisdom, self-control or posting class to be considered as anything other than ordinary members. These are not people upon whom we want to bestow Moderator powers, so why are we pretending that they are?

Why should they have the right to warn, kick or ban other ordinary members? The answer is simple; they shouldn't.

Get rid of them all, and get rid of them NOW!

Vote YES to Strip!

In any case, do vote; it is your democratic right and your civic duty!

• Like 1

Actually we can't delete our posts.

Deathlist isn't a democracy. (Except when its rulers want it to be).

I don't see a problem with the moderators, although I feel that we currently have enough and there is no need to create more unless the current ones become inactive. Nearly everyone on that list has earned my trust - especially the 2 year + veterans (like myself except with much higher post counts) like Cowboy Ronnie, Anubis the Jackal, heaven can wait, Rude Kid, Teddy, Yeti and even Josco is coming up on his 2 year anniversary on Sept. 20. Don't feel bad if I left some out, I probably didn't hit all of them. Ok, I admit, I was going to include The Four Horsemen but his profile photo scared me off. With special mention to Cowboy Ronnie and Rude Kid - who both had their fair share of arguments with me in my first few months at the DL in my rowdier days.

I am also approaching my first milestone here at my second home - my 500th post. I thought the day would never come, but it is fast approaching. Although it is about time seeing that I joined way back in June of 2004.

Also, I was reading back into my earlier posts when I first joined the DL. I can't believe what a ranter I was, especially on the Ronnie Reagan thread. Since I never offered any formal apology for my rantings/yellings/senseless attacks, I would like to offer one now especially to the Yeti and Rude Kid if they ever stop by any more these days - hats off to you chaps - it must have taken some courage.

Having been unceremoniously kicked from the chat by some outrageous little upstart, I feel the time is long-overdue to officially declare my position; I wish for all ModeratErs to be stripped of their "powers" and returned to the same level of ignominy as the rest of us huddled, unwashed masses.

If anyone can offer me a decent explanation as to their raison d'être, I will accept that they are a valid institution. That old chestnut "so they can delete/manage their erroneous posts" doesn't hold any water with me; if they are whoring too much and too badly, they should be banned, not given powers to cloak their whoredom. These are not people upon whom we want to bestow Moderator powers, so why are we pretending that they are?

Get rid of them all, and get rid of them NOW!

Vote YES to Strip!

raison d'être - Translates to - Reason to be?

Does it get anymore obvious Star Crossed? I have posted nearly 3000 times and No I wasn't whoring.

I mean you got kicked out of the chat, I banned Windsor the other day. If your crying like a school girl over getting kicked, I couldn't even imagine how you would act if you were banned.

Why don't you just sleep this off Mr.Hopkins.

Am I missing something about the relevance of the spelling of moderator as opposed to moderater?

Is it just another discrepancy issue with American english?

Am I missing something about the relevance of the spelling of moderator as opposed to moderater?

Is it just another discrepancy issue with American english?

Moderaters have less privileges.

Ahh, but one question - the people I see on the moderating team list - are the E or O?

By Golly there it is - I proudly bear my new title - Executioner!

It took 2 years, 3 months, 8 days, 6 hours and 15 minutes for this monumental 500th post to occur. Surely this must be some sort of record?

Ahh, but one question - the people I see on the moderating team list - are the E or O?

By Golly there it is - I proudly bear my new title - Executioner!

It took 2 years, 3 months, 8 days, 6 hours and 15 minutes for this monumental 500th post to occur. Surely this must be some sort of record?

The people on the moderating team list are the moderators

BTW, Congratulations on your 500th post

Regards,

ff :D

Guest stan

why did they ban that guy iain just for posting too many deaths on the wrong thread?I heard he was so upset he committed suicide last week :D

regards,

iain

Ooh, a thread full of anarchy and sour grapes- democracy at its potent best!

And being English I couldn't be arsed to vote.

why did they ban that guy iain just for posting too many deaths on the wrong thread?I heard he was so upset he committed suicide last week :D

Now we know Iain is dead. Well it's not my fault.

Guest Guest

i totally agree with this thread.Thi sis possibly the most fascist forum on the inetrnet that I have come across.I thikn the moderators should reflect on that and come to the obvious conclusion.Nobody will want to come here with mopderators out of control like they are and acting like littler Hitlers.Its actually pathetic

i totally agree with this thread.Thi sis possibly the most fascist forum on the inetrnet that I have come across.I thikn the moderators should reflect on that and come to the obvious conclusion.Nobody will want to come here with mopderators out of control like they are and acting like littler Hitlers.Its actually pathetic

The thread is about Moderaters not Moderatos, I think the Moderater group is made up of Tempus Fugit, Banshees Scream and Windsor, and so those are the people whose powers are under discussion here. So, mysterious guest, you may think you agree with this thread but you have missed the point a little. Also, the most fascist forum on the internet has failed to delete a post by a guest complaining about the Moderators? Is this that rarer form of fascism known as 'Liberal Fascism' at work here? :D

I have no idea what powers either group have (or the differences between the two) beyond editing, merging, pinning topics etc; but I have wondered occasionally what the point of two levels of moderating are.

Is it because these 3 people are the most likely to be online and so if some basic mod powers are given to them it means you don't have to wait for a 'proper' moderator to be online to sort out relatively minor problems? Other than that I fail to see the point myself, but as a fairly non-controversial poster it has little direct effect on me either way.

I did vote 'yes' though, but considering the alternative that doesn't really mean much. :D

Oh, and to answer Weatherman90, the spelling difference is just to...erm...differentiate the positions, Moderaters is the wrong spelling on both sides of the Atlantic.

Oh Star Crossed, you will be so proud of me! I know how you hate me to agree with you, so I am voting a definite NO *to your suggestion! Pleased?

*Unfortunately, there isn't a NO option, so I have decided not to vote. :D

Yes Star Crossed, I did kick you last night but only for being completely rude to me for no reason whatsoever.

I hadn't even spoken towards you for the almost two hours I had been there yet you insulted me.

Thus I kicked you so I could say bye to the other people in chat without any comment from yourself.

I'm also going to vote yes, because I'm fed up of it all.

I voted "No" purely on the basis that as a regular user, we're unable to merge posts where they rightly belong or delete our own posts if one has been submitted then it's realised that there's already a discussion on that matter.

All forums need moderators to a certain degree, but it's down to the owner of the forum to reprimand a moderator if they believe their powers are being misused.

If the dispute between a user and a moderator is personal, then the moderator should resolve the dispute as they would as if they were simply another user, However if the user is deemed to be displaying unrational behaviour then the moderator should step in. I will add that I'm not taking sides on this matter, but voted "No" based on my views in the first paragraph.

Just making sure - you do realize we are talking about moderaters and not moderators, right Phantom? Moderators would still have their powers. Gah this is confusing :D

Just making sure - you do realize we are talking about moderaters and not moderators, right Phantom? Moderators would still have their powers. Gah this is confusing :D

Yup, totally aware. Them that moderate the forums. He who shall not be named. Aiii Yog Sothoth.... the gate.. the key.. Fetch me my copy of the Necronomicon!!!

As the post of Moderater is nigh on pointless, then what does it really matter.

Make everyone with 500+ posts a Moderater.

It's all so pointless really................

on and on, round and round slowly going nowhere.

Somebody shoot me in the head,

where's Dick Cheney when you need him.

Expresses my POV on the matter.

I don't see a problem with the moderators, although I feel that we currently have enough and there is no need to create more unless the current ones become inactive. Nearly everyone on that list has earned my trust - especially the 2 year + veterans (like myself except with much higher post counts) like Cowboy Ronnie, Anubis the Jackal, heaven can wait, Rude Kid, Teddy, Yeti and even Josco is coming up on his 2 year anniversary on Sept. 20. Don't feel bad if I left some out, I probably didn't hit all of them. Ok, I admit, I was going to include The Four Horsemen but his profile photo scared me off. With special mention to Cowboy Ronnie and Rude Kid - who both had their fair share of arguments with me in my first few months at the DL in my rowdier days.

I am also approaching my first milestone here at my second home - my 500th post. I thought the day would never come, but it is fast approaching. Although it is about time seeing that I joined way back in June of 2004.

Also, I was reading back into my earlier posts when I first joined the DL. I can't believe what a ranter I was, especially on the Ronnie Reagan thread. Since I never offered any formal apology for my rantings/yellings/senseless attacks, I would like to offer one now especially to the Yeti and Rude Kid if they ever stop by any more these days - hats off to you chaps - it must have taken some courage.

While you're at it you can apologise for the juvenile April Fool turd. And if you are still a Republican - or at least think you are - you can apologise for that too, every day

Hello Iain,

by the way, if you're going to report that Iain is dead, don't sign your post off as yourself, ie. Iain.

and if Iain was dead, then it hasn't been reported in Wikipedia yet. ;)

Yer a drive by guest and you know that? With psychic powers at that level you could predict forthcoming deaths!

Incidentally; other than deleting and merging posts and having their own posting privelage of a forum for themselves where they discuss us, run up additional posts and the rest. What other benefits are there to being a mod? Do you apply or get approached, and can you be sacked by a 2/3 majority of the commitee or summat?

I only ask because knowing that might help anyone perusing this thread make a better contribution to the argument.

As the post of Moderater is nigh on pointless, then what does it really matter.

Make everyone with 500+ posts a Moderater.

It's all so pointless really................

on and on, round and round slowly going nowhere.

Somebody shoot me in the head,

where's Dick Cheney when you need him.

Expresses my POV on the matter.

I think in about 11 of my posts' time that might not look to be such a good idea....

Incidentally; other than deleting and merging posts and having their own posting privelage of a forum for themselves where they discuss us, run up additional posts and the rest. What other benefits are there to being a mod? Do you apply or get approached, and can you be sacked by a 2/3 majority of the commitee or summat?

I only ask because knowing that might help anyone perusing this thread make a better contribution to the argument.

Moderaters can't delete, merge or move anything unless it happens to be in the Trashcan.

Moderatership like Moderatorship is thrust upon you.

Just making sure - you do realize we are talking about moderaters and not moderators, right Phantom? Moderators would still have their powers. Gah this is confusing ;)

Yup, totally aware. Them that moderate the forums. He who shall not be named. Aiii Yog Sothoth.... the gate.. the key.. Fetch me my copy of the Necronomicon!!!

Phantom, stop playing the ignorant F*****t. This thread and the poll which you so badly misinterpreted, is about stripping the 3 "Moderaters", not the actual team of Moderators, of their powers.

If only a Moderator could adjust the vote-count to reflect your utter incomprehension...

While we're about it, could the Moderator who changed the poll options please remove the "Probably" option from the poll and move those votes to the "Yes" column? Much obliged.