3374 replies to this topic

#2701 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

View Posttime, on 25 July 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Tipping Point. A game show so tedious and banal the BBC wouldn't even consider it for the Saturday night National Lottery game show slot.

Caught the last 10 minutes of it on Friday (only 'cos you mentioned it here) what a load of bollocks. What a pile of shite! (etc)
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#2702 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostPaul Bearer, on 29 July 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

View Posttime, on 25 July 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Tipping Point. A game show so tedious and banal the BBC wouldn't even consider it for the Saturday night National Lottery game show slot.

Caught the last 10 minutes of it on Friday (only 'cos you mentioned it here) what a load of bollocks. What a pile of shite! (etc)

God ITV have gone cheap , £50 pound chips for £10,000 pound prize money and not all win that . Far cry from million pound jackpots on who wants to be a millionaire. TV really has been shit since about 2003 IMO and its just gets worse and worse every year.
I don't believe in coincidences

Basketball was invented in 1987 by konami.

A Man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man .

genesis 22 16 - 18

DDP 2014 - Sovereign-Reaper

wilko johnsonPosted Image , joost van der westhuizen ,George h.w bush , sam simon , valerie harper , Kate Granger , Katherine Crowe, wojcech jaruzelski ,Sally Farmiloe , Clive James , Billy Graham , Tony Benn , Zsa Zsa Gabor , Vera lynn , Kirk Douglas , Saif Gaddafi , Superstar Billy Graham ,Stuart Hall , Fats Domino ,Isabel Peron.

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2014

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger

Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

subs 1) George H.W Bush 2) Rolf Harris

#2703 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

View Postthe_engineer, on 29 July 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

TV really has been shit since about 2003 IMO and its just gets worse and worse every year.

IMO it's been shit since 1988. That year a third public TV channel was launched in the Netherlands.

I proudly present Magere Hein's Conservation Law of Quality TV Time. My hypothesis is that, ever since the invention of TV, the amount of quality TV that's broadcast every week has been constant. Since that time the number of channels has increased by a factor of 1000 or more, and quality TV time is divided among all those channels. Therefore the odds are overwhelmingly that you'll miss it.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#2704 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostMagere Hein, on 29 July 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

TV really has been shit since about 2003 IMO and its just gets worse and worse every year.

IMO it's been shit since 1988. That year a third public TV channel was launched in the Netherlands.

I proudly present Magere Hein's Conservation Law of Quality TV Time. My hypothesis is that, ever since the invention of TV, the amount of quality TV that's broadcast every week has been constant. Since that time the number of channels has increased by a factor of 1000 or more, and quality TV time is divided among all those channels. Therefore the odds are overwhelmingly that you'll miss it.

regards,
Hein

In the Uk there is no decent comedy anymore and everything is reality TV . I believe the Netherlands were the first to be infected with reality TV with endemol i think?

genesis 22 16 - 18

wilko johnsonPosted Image , joost van der westhuizen ,George h.w bush , sam simon , valerie harper , Kate Granger , Katherine Crowe, wojcech jaruzelski ,Sally Farmiloe , Clive James , Billy Graham , Tony Benn , Zsa Zsa Gabor , Vera lynn , Kirk Douglas , Saif Gaddafi , Superstar Billy Graham ,Stuart Hall , Fats Domino ,Isabel Peron.

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger

Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

#2705 CarolAnn

What's the character limit?

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

Fourteen month old children who can climb out of their crib faster than you can put them in it.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

#2706 Bibliogryphon

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

View Postthe_engineer, on 30 July 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

regards,
Hein

In the Uk there is no decent comedy anymore and everything is reality TV . I believe the Netherlands were the first to be infected with reality TV with endemol i think?

The funniest thing on TV at the moment in the UK is Horrible Histories and that is shoved out of the way on the CBBC channel. I am not the only person who thinks so because this show won the British Comedy award last year. YouTube any of the songs or Bob Dale and enjoy.
"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2014 DDP Teams:

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team) 5/20
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader 2/20
Unusual Suspects 5/20

#2707 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostBibliogryphon, on 10 September 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

View Postthe_engineer, on 30 July 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

regards,
Hein

The funniest thing on TV at the moment in the UK is Horrible Histories and that is shoved out of the way on the CBBC channel. I am not the only person who thinks so because this show won the British Comedy award last year. YouTube any of the songs or Bob Dale and enjoy.

Never watched it but i will check it out. I would also recommend 'breaking bad' very unique and amasing american show. One thing I would say if your going to watch breaking bad is don't do any research about it apart from maybe a quick summary about what the show is about. As it has alot of amasing twists and surprises along the way and the way the show has evolved by the end of the fifth season is remarkable.

Though Breaking bad never even got a chance in the UK it was pushed to some secondary channel 5 channel and the last 3 seasons weren't even shown in the UK and the UK rights to the show weren't even expensive. IMO breaking bad is probably one of the best shows America has produced since the x files and consequently they were both worked on by Vince Gilligan.

genesis 22 16 - 18

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger

Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

#2708 Bibliogryphon

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostCarolAnn, on 13 August 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

Fourteen month old children who can climb out of their crib faster than you can put them in it.

Congratulations you have an active and intelligent child who is aware of thier surroundings and shows purpose in life.

Surely you would rather this than an ignorant pudding of a baby.
"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2014 DDP Teams:

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team) 5/20
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader 2/20
Unusual Suspects 5/20

#2709 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostBibliogryphon, on 12 September 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Congratulations you have an active and intelligent child who is aware of thier surroundings and shows purpose in life.

Posted Image ....... Ignorant Pudding .

genesis 22 16 - 18

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger

Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

#2710 CarolAnn

What's the character limit?

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

He's my grandson. While I would generally agree with you, one of the problems with an active and intelligent child who shows purpose in life is that they fall on their heads on uncarpeted floors.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

#2711 charon

Looking for coin

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostCarolAnn, on 25 September 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

He's my grandson. While I would generally agree with you, one of the problems with an active and intelligent child who shows purpose in life is that they fall on their heads on uncarpeted floors.

Perhaps the old chestnut of '' 'Mummy, mummy, why am I running around in a circle?' 'Shut up ye little bugger or I'll nail your other foot to the floor' '' was meant to be advice rather than a joke...........
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

#2712 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Since this is posted in a Good News topic: small children receive much less damage from falling on their heads than adults do, due to difference in size. To quote Stephen Gould:

Kinetic energy, for example, increases as length raised to the fifth power. If a child half your height falls unsupported to the ground, its head will hit with not half, but only 1/32 the energy of yours in a similar fall. A child is protected more by its size than by a “soft” head. In return, we are protected from the physical force of its tantrums, for the child can strike with, not half, but only 1/32 of the energy we can muster.[1]

This doesn't mean children won't get hurt when they fall. They'll certainly cry as if it's the end of the world, but probably they'll survive without lasting damage.

[1] Stephen Jay Gould, Size and Shape, The immutable laws of design set limits on all organisms

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#2713 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Post twunt

• Members
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

View Postcharon, on 25 September 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

Perhaps the old chestnut of '' 'Mummy, mummy, why am I running around in a circle?' 'Shut up ye little bugger or I'll nail your other foot to the floor' '' was meant to be advice rather than a joke...........
Oh my gawd, times really are tough across the Pond CA, the poor little mite is gonna have to grow up in a carpetless environment.
Will your Grandson have to go to school barefoot too?
Yours
LFN. :ninja:
2014 Hartlepool Deadly Pool Team: The Wankers Arms PH
Candidates:
Olivia De Havilland
Carol Channing
Eli Wallach
Kirk Douglas
Jimmy Hill
Luise Ranier
Abe Vigoda
Paul Gascoigne
Clifton James
Sid Caesar

Subs: Maureen O'Hara and Christopher Lee

#2714 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Post twunt

• Members
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostMagere Hein, on 25 September 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

Since this is posted in a Good News topic: small children receive much less damage from falling on their heads than adults do, due to difference in size. To quote Stephen Gould:

Kinetic energy, for example, increases as length raised to the fifth power. If a child half your height falls unsupported to the ground, its head will hit with not half, but only 1/32 the energy of yours in a similar fall. A child is protected more by its size than by a “soft” head. In return, we are protected from the physical force of its tantrums, for the child can strike with, not half, but only 1/32 of the energy we can muster.[1]

This doesn't mean children won't get hurt when they fall. They'll certainly cry as if it's the end of the world, but probably they'll survive without lasting damage.

[1] Stephen Jay Gould, Size and Shape, The immutable laws of design set limits on all organisms

regards,
Hein
It is to the good that this forum is not as visible as,maybe,One Directions website or Autotrader as Im certain the above post, should it have gained a far greater audience, would have had every Chav mother from Bristol to Manchester testing this scientific fact out by dropping young Kai and Tulisa out of their 5th floor Flat windows.
Im guessing, if its all true, Verne Troyer is fucking bullet proof, right?
Candidates:
Olivia De Havilland
Carol Channing
Eli Wallach
Kirk Douglas
Jimmy Hill
Luise Ranier
Abe Vigoda
Paul Gascoigne
Clifton James
Sid Caesar

#2715 charon

Looking for coin

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

If you let your unsupervised infant wander out in front of a full speed Usain Bolt there is a 70% chance of death!
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

#2716 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

It is the case that they tend to bounce. But you still have to be careful and an expert risk assessor. My best regards to One Shot Paddy. He'll of a task to begin. To me (7, nearly 8 years into this sentence) it feels like another lifetime of effort. Best to take it one day at a time and with the rule of thumb... Good is good enough... No point obsessing about any detail. It all works out in time.

Time...like I say... So many years gone... So many more to come... We can but hope.

Advice for the next 6 months...

E.A.S.Y.

Eat
Active
Sleep
Your time.
Yes yes yes yes yes... yes yes yes yes, no!

(Trevor Peacock as Jim Trott in the Vicar of Dibley)

DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 12/50

#2717 Lard Bazaar

Bang! And the dirt is gone!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostLord Fellatio Nelson, on 25 September 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

regards,
Hein
It is to the good that this forum is not as visible as,maybe,One Directions website or Autotrader as Im certain the above post, should it have gained a far greater audience, would have had every Chav mother from Bristol to Manchester testing this scientific fact out by dropping young Kai and Tulisa out of their 5th floor Flat windows.

You talk complete bollocks.

There are no chavs in Bristol.

:D

#2718 Lord Fellatio Nelson

Post twunt

• Members
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostLard Bazaar, on 25 September 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

regards,
Hein

You talk complete bollocks.

There are no chavs in Bristol.

:D
Fuck, you are quite correct.
I meant to say Trowbridge. :lol:
Candidates:
Olivia De Havilland
Carol Channing
Eli Wallach
Kirk Douglas
Jimmy Hill
Luise Ranier
Abe Vigoda
Paul Gascoigne
Clifton James
Sid Caesar

#2719 Lard Bazaar

• Members
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

View PostLord Fellatio Nelson, on 26 September 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

View PostLard Bazaar, on 25 September 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

This doesn't mean children won't get hurt when they fall. They'll certainly cry as if it's the end of the world, but probably they'll survive without lasting damage. [1] Stephen Jay Gould, Size and Shape, The immutable laws of design set limits on all organisms regards, Hein
It is to the good that this forum is not as visible as,maybe,One Directions website or Autotrader as Im certain the above post, should it have gained a far greater audience, would have had every Chav mother from Bristol to Manchester testing this scientific fact out by dropping young Kai and Tulisa out of their 5th floor Flat windows. Im guessing, if its all true, Verne Troyer is fucking bullet proof, right?
You talk complete bollocks. There are no chavs in Bristol. :D
Fuck, you are quite correct. I meant to say Trowbridge. :lol:

Bastard!

#2720 Lard Bazaar

• Members
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Fucking gastric manflu. And I'm not even a man. And I'm supposed to be going away tomorrow for the weekend. Bastards.

Reply to this topic

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users