Yeah, I think it is but Mark Chapman and Charles Manson could - theoretically - get parole as well, it's not gonna happen, mind, for any of them.

Sunderland, anyone?

Surely, someone must live there...

Sunderland, anyone?

Godot has landed

Yeah, I think it is but Mark Chapman and Charles Manson could - theoretically - get parole as well, it's not gonna happen, mind, for any of them.

I was surprised it had been that long. Guess life (or whatever) is what happens when you're busy doing something else, making other plans, invading other countries, rescuing other cocker spaniels, raising kids.... <_<

Sunderland, anyone?

no, No, NO, NO-O-O-O-O!!!

It's pronounced; 'Sunnerlan' ' Been there many times.

Are there any Universities near Maryport? I had a dream that I got accepted into some university around Maryport, so MPFC picked me up at the airport and drove me around, introducing me to all his mates. He was a 25-year old bloke with a stringy blond mustache and straight blond hair. He was like, the typical white guy, ripped white shirt and faded blue jeans. He talked with only a hint of a British accent. He told me that he lied about having a son but said that he wanted a daughter. Then he introduced me to all his friends, many who were upstanding and attractive young female business women. He also had a surprisingly attractive young Asian girlfriend who enchanted us with her stripper routine.

He was also too cheap to pay for gas, so he drove us halfway, then insisted that we walk the rest of the way. :lol:

Are there any Universities near Maryport? I had a dream that I got accepted into some university around Maryport, so MPFC picked me up at the airport and drove me around, introducing me to all his mates. He was a 25-year old bloke with a stringy blond mustache and straight blond hair. He was like, the typical white guy, ripped white shirt and faded blue jeans. He talked with only a hint of a British accent. He told me that he lied about having a son but said that he wanted a daughter. Then he introduced me to all his friends, many who were upstanding and attractive young female business women. He also had a surprisingly attractive young Asian girlfriend who enchanted us with her stripper routine.

He was also too cheap to pay for gas, so he drove us halfway, then insisted that we walk the rest of the way. :lol:

University of Cumria is due to open later in the year

http://www.university4cumbria.co.uk/

Your dream went right off the rails around the time you imagined we had anything approaching a proper airport! Carlisle airport is so quiet it can rent out the runway to a local rally team who test high performance cars for two hours at a time without any danger of a plane needing the same strip of tarmac.

Got a mate who married - as in didn't buy but fell in love with - a girl from Thailand. Everyone assumed she was a mail order jobbie but in fact her dad's rich and she's got a degree and, wait for it: moved to West Cumbria of her own free will, they headed down south after a few months in search of good jobs and more lateral thinking neighbours.

Re the kids; this is West Cumbria. You haven't seen confusion until you've been here on Fathers Day, streets thronging with young 'uns all asking the same thing.....'which one's me dad?' Since young MPFC took an active interest in selecting my infamous centegenarian theme team and he resembles me, partly by not having a tache or a shirt that went out of style decades ago, I'm assuming he's mine! And all twenty three of his sisters!

I suspect that only in the last sentence did you approach the reality that is MPFC.

Don't you tend to have dreams about people who then wind up dying? I'd be careful if I were you, mpfc... look both ways before you cross the tarmac street and all that.

Canadian Paul, your dream flashed back a memory of that overated 'A laugh or two' 'Napoleon Dynomite' It sounds like you've made Mary his uncle. The salesman who sold Tupperware- products.

I have the immense pleasure of being able to share with you all the fact that my home town (and current place of residence)

is now available on YouTube for your viewing pleasure.

My work computer has no audio, but if the video is anything to go by the house prices will soon be rocketing due to an upsurge of interest. :pop:

Maybe I don't go out as much as I used to, I didn't think it was that bad.

Oddly, the smuggest replies I've had from the friends I've emailed this link to are those that have never lived there or have moved away... no accounting for taste I suppose. :crossbone:

It's people that make a place, mind.

Ah, Jacob, Dean & Eddie- like a chav version of Jackass, with their death defying leaps into plastic barrels and whacking each other over the head with sticks in their living room.

A good find, Mary, it must make you proud.

I have forwarded this to the Maryport Tourist Board with a suggetsion they use it for this summer's campaign. I for one, having watched it, have just booked a fortnight in July and look forward to riding stolen motorbikes around litter infested woods with local characters like Jacob, Dean & Eddie.

Are they acquaintances of yours, Mary?

I have the immense pleasure of being able to share with you all the fact that my home town (and current place of residence)
is now available on YouTube for your viewing pleasure.

My work computer has no audio, but if the video is anything to go by the house prices will soon be rocketing due to an upsurge of interest. :party:

Maybe I don't go out as much as I used to, I didn't think it was that bad.

Oddly, the smuggest replies I've had from the friends I've emailed this link to are those that have never lived there or have moved away... no accounting for taste I suppose. :)

Not wishing to be left out, I looked up my nearest town, Agen, on Youtube. I was thrilled to find pages and pages of videos. Unfortunately, it appears that there are lots of people out there who can't spell 'again' :) e.g. 'Me and my mate Lisa mucking about agen'.

Not wishing to be left out, I looked up my nearest town, Agen, on Youtube. I was thrilled to find pages and pages of videos. Unfortunately, it appears that there are lots of people out there who can't spell 'again' :) e.g. 'Me and my mate Lisa mucking about agen'.
:) That's horrendous, txt spk hs tkn ovr de wrld. I'm sure it takes more effort to spell everything so badly (but still be obvious as to what word is meant) than to learn the right spelling most of the time. Maybe it's cooler to deliberately mis-spell words rather than to unwittingly f*ck your spelling up all the time?

I think the comments posted about the 'Bexleyheath' video were probably more insightful with regards to the average mentality of the locals than the actual video, which was reasonably well put together and an attempt at some humour by highlighting the negatives of the area. It's not really that bad, I'm sure there are many worse places to live. Probably... :party:

:) That's horrendous, txt spk hs tkn ovr de wrld. I'm sure it takes more effort to spell everything so badly (but still be obvious as to what word is meant) than to learn the right spelling most of the time. Maybe it's cooler to deliberately mis-spell words rather than to unwittingly f*ck your spelling up all the time?

I think the comments posted about the 'Bexleyheath' video were probably more insightful with regards to the average mentality of the locals than the actual video, which was reasonably well put together and an attempt at some humour by highlighting the negatives of the area. It's not really that bad, I'm sure there are many worse places to live. Probably... :party:

Whoever made the Bexleyheath 'video' made tremendous work of the song, imho. It really, really made me want to not go there ever. I can think of no other tourist promotion as effective. In response I'd like to post a link to something equally tasteful from my hometown but sadly, there's nothing even half as clever.

It's people that make a place, mind.

Ah, Jacob, Dean & Eddie- like a chav version of Jackass, with their death defying leaps into plastic barrels and whacking each other over the head with sticks in their living room.

A good find, Mary, it must make you proud.

I have forwarded this to the Maryport Tourist Board with a suggetsion they use it for this summer's campaign. I for one, having watched it, have just booked a fortnight in July and look forward to riding stolen motorbikes around litter infested woods with local characters like Jacob, Dean & Eddie.

Are they acquaintances of yours, Mary?

They're all my half brothers, or summat. Waiting on the DNA tests.

My friend took a picture of me the morning after St. Patrick's Day:

drinking_party.jpg

My friend took a picture of me the morning after St. Patrick's Day:

drinking_party.jpg

You don't expect us to believe that do you?

Your friend... ;)

Like I said, it's people that make a place. In Cumbria we have some right people. Once you've sampled the story about the disgusting oldsters, check out the laddo losing a bit of his ear.

Whoever made the Bexleyheath 'video' made tremendous work of the song, imho. It really, really made me want to not go there ever. I can think of no other tourist promotion as effective. In response I'd like to post a link to something equally tasteful from my hometown but sadly, there's nothing even half as clever.
At least you will always have the delightful Dave Dobbyn to thank for making 100% Pure New Zealand such a hot tourist destination... ;)