Tempus Fugit

Oliver Postgate

Creator of "The Clangers","Ivor the Engine", Noggin the Nog" and the animated acme that is "Bagpuss"

81 this year, no bad health issues as far as I know, but I don't care I just want him to have his own thread.

You tell 'em Ollie, Jones the Steam proletariat everyman knows the truth.

Bagpuss had more wisdom in his saggy old head, than Tony Blair and this entire government have in their combined bonces.

Bagpuss had more wisdom in his saggy old head, than Tony Blair and this entire government have in their combined bonces.

I think you are being a tad unfair there.

Have you something against Bagpuss or something?

I think you are being a tad unfair there.

Have you something against Bagpuss or something?

bagpuss1qo.jpg

No way, Bagpuss is one of my role models, do less and sleep more. Very wise thou art, old pink feline.

Creator of "The Clangers","Ivor the Engine", Noggin the Nog" and the animated acme that is "Bagpuss"

81 this year, no bad health issues as far as I know, but I don't care I just want him to have his own thread.

You tell 'em Ollie, Jones the Steam proletariat everyman knows the truth.

Never really knew too much about Oliver Postgate, but 'I like the cut of his gib'.

I know a chap who met the old boy a couple of years ago. A splendid gent by all accounts, proud of his lifes work without being boastful and a genial host. Give him a good few years before Bagpuss and all his friends go to sleep.

postgate - near-genius. all of that from tiny studios, with a completely distinctive style that has transcended generations. i hope the old chap (who seems rather sound in every way if his autobiography is accurate) carries on for a good few years yet before meeting the soup dragon.

although haven't you noticed that bagpuss is alive and well, and managing portsmouth?

i'll get me coat and go back to the football thread...

Oliver Postgate.

Very well, in good health, still lives in or near Whitstable, as does Peter Firmin and his daughter Emily, who was Emily in the programme.

Any other questions?

I would say that we could maybe wonder about him if he has some sort of major health issue or in about 3-5 years.

Bagpuss voted Top UK Children's TV Animal (in a mighty 1,100-strong poll), a whole 9 years after winning Most Popular Children's TV Programme of All-time. He's got staying power that saggy moggie, and only 13 episodes ever made. Maybe that's where Tempus has been, busy voting...

Mr Postgate seems to be in fine fettle too, busy blogging away for the New Statesman.

Some hot Bagpuss action especially for Godot and his Godettes ˇ

Edited by TAFKAG

Bagpuss voted Top UK Children's TV Animal (in a mighty 1,100-strong poll), a whole 9 years after winning Most Popular Children's TV Programme of All-time. He's got staying power that saggy moggie, and only 13 episodes ever made. Maybe that's where Tempus has been, busy voting...

Mr Postgate seems to be in fine fettle too, busy blogging away for the New Statesman.

I have never seen Bagpuss, nor has any of the Godettes :banghead: . I was very much Noggin the Nog and have done so at regular intervals ever since. Talking of Noggin, I wonder if Tempus will come back? I miss his contributions.

I always wondered how they did the smoke on Ivor the Engine. One of life's mysteries.

When Oliver goes to sleep, all his friends go to sleep as well.

The mice on the mouse organ... etc.etc.etc.

At 43 Emily Firmin is not bad looking

Truly sad news, a decent man whose work was loved by at least two generations. I think I'll have to pay visit the Canterbury Museum to pay my respects to the saggy old cloth cat.

I was looking in the window there at Bagpuss with my two year old a couple of weeks ago.

A sad loss, and I don't say that often

As someone who's never seen Bagpuss it seems amazing how much impact a show with only 13 episodes had on so many Brits. Someone gave their kid the middle name of 'Emily' because of the girl on the show. Who is apparently not married, Phantom, if you fancy throwing your hat into that particular ring. I hear she's Firmin all the right places.

As someone who's never seen Bagpuss it seems amazing how much impact a show with only 13 episodes had on so many Brits. Someone gave their kid the middle name of 'Emily' because of the girl on the show. Who is apparently not married, Phantom, if you fancy throwing your hat into that particular ring. I hear she's Firmin all the right places.

Oh? I'd heard she was saggy, baggy and a bit loose at the seams.

Goes like Ivor the Engine, I've been told...

• Like 1

Peter Firmin is to become a Freeman of the City of Canterbury tonight.

From the interview just broadcast on the local news, I'd give him a good few years yet (though given my performances on this years deadpools, don't be surprised if he were to keel over during the ceremony).

Peter Firmin is to become a Freeman of the City of Canterbury tonight.

From the interview just broadcast on the local news, I'd give him a good few years yet (though given my performances on this years deadpools, don't be surprised if he were to keel over during the ceremony).

I met Firmin a few months ago on account of a mutual interest in Clangers etc and he's just fine. Not a DL candidate for many years, I'd say.