Sign in to follow this  
Guest iain

Sudden Death!

Guest iain

The rock singer Nikki Sudden has died of a drug overdose at 49

All deaths are "sudden" aren't they? You're alive one moment, then dead the next!

A sad loss to the music world.

So who's gonna pop over & console these guys?

Nikki Sudden Forum

Can't find any mention of his passing, so maybe they're in denial...

Sudden's post from four days ago is a little poignant now...

In fact, can anyone actually verify his passing, other than the wiki link, as quick search on Google didn't bring anything up. I know the guy ain't exactly Keith Richards, but I'd have thought something would've come up if he had died.

In fact, can anyone actually verify his passing, other than the wiki link, as quick search on Google didn't bring anything up. I know the guy ain't exactly Keith Richards, but I'd have thought something would've come up if he had died.

I've looked too but to no avail. I therefore remain suspicious until anything else turns up.

His name is actually quite normal compared to his late brother, Mr Epic Soundtracks.... Must have had different dads I guess! :D

There is still no mention of Nikki Sudden's death anywhere. Not even on his official website.

This had better not be a hoax Iain.

Well Ignot you've done it again......

Once more you take a Wrongkipedia entry and use it as your entire basis for proof of death. Now several hours later Wrongkipedia is still the only place that claims he is dead. A place where anyone.....yourself included Ira could post this erroneous information for your own spiteful purposes. Did Nikki ignore your pleading requests for a naked signed photo of him and then send the authorities after you because you were stalking him?

Next up is the fact that with your vague, possibly (hell, PROBABLY) untrue information you decided to donate an entire thread to this person. You didn't even take the time to place him in the more suitable near miss category.

Next up is the fact that with your vague, possibly (hell, PROBABLY) untrue information you decided to donate an entire thread to this person. You didn't even take the time to place him in the more suitable near miss category.

I suspect the chance to be the one to start a thread with the extremely clever 'Sudden Death' pun was just too tempting... :huh:

A sad loss to the music world.

So who's gonna pop over & console these guys?

Nikki Sudden Forum

Can't find any mention of his passing, so maybe they're in denial...

Sudden's post from four days ago is a little poignant now...

So, come on then. Who's going to wander on over & ask, straight out, whether the man's popped his clogs or not?

Iain, I think the responsibility lies somewhat with you. Apparently Nikki Sudden actually posts on this forum himself, but if you like, you can come back later & try to convince us that he was contacting you from beyond the grave. :huh:

Wikipedia's Recent Deaths page is no longer reporting his death & the Nikki Sudden page on Wikipedia is "back to normal", as it were.

Apparentely some guy's blog has reported it. If there were ever a step down from wiki credibility, you now have it.

Not saying that he hasn't died, rather, it shouldn't be posted until a credible news source reports it.

This site is reporting it, it seems to be up on his forum too, can't say I'd ever heard of him though.

Well I've never heard of him or his band Swell Maps, :huh:

Billboard are also reporting his demise, so I guess it is official.

But is reporting the death of an obscure musician in his own thread acceptable? That doesn't seem good site etiquette. The "sudden death" joke could just as easily have gone in the Not Exactly Famous thread.

This thread should be plugged now to put it out of its miserable existence

But is reporting the death of an obscure musician in his own thread acceptable? That doesn't seem good site etiquette. The "sudden death" joke could just as easily have gone in the Not Exactly Famous thread.

I completely agree with you Godot, but the Moderators are a law unto themselves.

A bit of consistency would make a pleasant change though.

I completely agree with you Godot, but the Moderators are a law unto themselves.

A bit of consistency would make a pleasant change though.

Well, if Billboard are reporting it & it's finally on his forum then then I guess it's sadly true & I owe an apology to Iain for doubting his word.

I disagree that he is an 'obscure musician' though, Godot, my old chum, but then I guess it's all down to musical tastes & what you're exposed to. I've heard of & heard him, but then I've probably got music in my collection that would make the average man cry.

Personally I'd say he warrants his own thread, as he well enough known in the music scene, which is why it surprised me that news of his premature death has been so long in trickling through more reliable sources than Wiki.

So, well done Iain & don't worry about the musically out of touch old farts here getting upset that you've scooped them!

March 27th...the day that music really did die...possibly

Guest iain

There is still no mention of Nikki Sudden's death anywhere. Not even on his official website.

This had better not be a hoax Iain.

You'll be relieved to know that his official website does now report the sad news

OK i admit I should have posted it in the near misses thread but you're right..the 'sudden death' headline was too tempting to resist.I hope this has restored some of your faith in wikipedia!

Iain - congratulations on being proved correct that the entertainingly named Mr. Sudden did in fact die. However, for the umpteenth time, please post such info on the "Not Exactly Famous" thread, because there was no discussion of selecting Nikki Sudden for the 2006 DL, so he can't be considered a "Near Miss". That should be only for people who were actually discussed in the forum, or should have been but we're just too stupid to have done so.

And for those who want the thread closed, remember that we apply natural selection, not euthanasia, on this site, and prefer to late lame threads die a natural death. This one still has a pulse, just.

Given the time it took cyberspace to cotton on his death definitely wasn't sudden. Arf!

Iain - congratulations on being proved correct that the entertainingly named Mr. Sudden did in fact die. However, for the umpteenth time, please post such info on the "Not Exactly Famous" thread, because there was no discussion of selecting Nikki Sudden for the 2006 DL, so he can't be considered a "Near Miss". That should be only for people who were actually discussed in the forum, or should have been but we're just too stupid to have done so.

And for those who want the thread closed, remember that we apply natural selection, not euthanasia, on this site, and prefer to late lame threads die a natural death. This one still has a pulse, just.

That's not quite true CR. There is no ruling site policy. Instead, arbitrary decisions are made by whatever gauleiter or oompa loompa happens to be in the vicinity so anything regarded in the least bit subversive is trashed very swiftly as I discovered when my Happy Birthday Kommunist thread, an affectionate and popular (while it lasted) tribute to a rare Swedish contributor, was brutaly dispatched and its originator worked over in the warnings bin where I seem to have collected a "record" of misdemeanours as long as my hat. Had it not been for the somewhat embarrassing intervention of my mother by now I might have been staring at the flowers and listening to Beethoven's Pastoral in a purpose-built padded Soylent Green thread. But, I digress, and that too is a crime against One State in the Zamyatin-style world of the Oompa loompa powered Deathlist Integral.

D-503

That's not quite true CR. There is no ruling site policy. Instead, arbitrary decisions are made by whatever gaulighter or oompa loompa happens to be in the vicinity so anything regarded in the least bit subversive is trashed very swiftly as I discovered when my Happy Birthday Kommunist thread, an affectionate and popular (while it lasted) tribute to a rare Swedish contributor, was brutaly dispatched and its originator worked over in the warnings bin where I seem to have collected a "record" of misdemeanours as long as my hat. Had it not been for the somewhat embarrassing intervention of my mother by now I might have been staring at the flowers and listening to Beethoven's Pastoral in a purpose-built padded Soylent Green thread. But, I digress, and that too is a crime against One State in the Zamyatin-style world of the Ooompa loompa powered Deathlist Integral.

D-503

Well, Godot, I hate to see decent threads get deleted too, and if I notice a good one in the trash can will do my best to resuscitate it, although my ability to do things like delete or move threads is pretty sparse. And don't take the warning thing too seriously - I don't know what happens if/when someone gets to 100%, but I'm fairly sure they won't spontaneously combust, or have their tongues chopped out, or fingers broken, or even be kicked off the site. Methinks that was just our omniscient benefactor GR showing off another cool bit of website software he'd discovered. And I'd almost feel honoured were abuse to be heaped upon me by others on the site, as many of them are certifiable, ergo guaranteeing the relevance and intelligence of whatever it was they chose to condemn.

p.s. what's a gaulighter? There has been some excellent vocab usage on the site of late

p.s. what's a gaulighter? There has been some excellent vocab usage on the site of late

A gaulighter is like a regional leader in Nazi Germany. If someone were to step out of line, it would be his job to report it to the higher levels to be dealt with.

A gaulighter is like a regional leader in Nazi Germany.

Indeed, although the Nazis spelt it "Gauleiter".

regards,

Hein

Be assured Cowboy Ronnie, I wear my dark blue warning with the same pride that Vassili Zaitsev would have taken in his Order of Lenin. I shall continue to crawl over these threads as if they were the cherished rubble of the Red October factory, drawing a bead on any clumsy oompa loompa that comes within my sights.

Za vashe zdorovye!