254 replies to this topic

#241 sympathyforthedevil

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

View PostMagere Hein, on 15 December 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

I don't think it's a good idea to eat Spot, for the same reason you don't eat your pet rabbit. From that it doesn't follow that you can't eat an anonymous dog, preferably bought dead.

Not so, dogs are one of the animals that should never be eaten, irrespective of whether they were your pet or not.

#242 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

View PostGodot, on 15 December 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

Does all dog taste the same? I would have thought there would have been prime cuts and not so prime. In parts of the Philippines dog ears are a popular breakfast dish. But that seems to me to be quite a lot of dog that gets wasted.

I spent some time in Kiribati several years ago, where dogs were eaten not infrequently. Unlucky strays were generally bludgeoned to death with a rock, skinned, washed in seawater, gutted and roasted on a spit over an open fire. Nearly the whole animal was eaten and what remained was thrown away, usually to be picked on by...stray dogs. I'm not ashamed to admit that I partook in a dog and chilli sauce bap while I was there, which really wasn't too bad, although I'd add a bit less sauce next time.
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#243 Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

View PostDevonDeathTrip, on 15 December 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

I'm not ashamed to admit that I partook in a dog and chilli sauce bap while I was there, which really wasn't too bad, although I'd add a bit less sauce next time.

You ate a hot dog?
DDP teams:
If I'm Spared Myself, Of Course
Toast of the Turf
Nearer My God To Thee

#244 our Sydney

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

View Postsympathyforthedevil, on 15 December 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

View Postour Sydney, on 15 December 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

View Postsympathyforthedevil, on 15 December 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

eating dogs should NOT be allowed.
An interesting statement, firstly who is to "allow" or "dis-allow" the eating of dog, or any other animal for that matter? surely it is a matter of personal and cultural choice what you consume, not something that is dictated from one society to another.
Secondly, why? Eating an omnivore like a dog is a little more risky than a herbivore, but we eat pigs in this country. True you are more likely to get parasites from an omnivore, hence the proscription in certain religions and societies, but the risk is small if you cook it properly.
I believe grey squirrel is quite tasty and while not common, it is quite often eaten in Portugal, and by a friend of mine, another Omnivore.
Best regards
Syd

You have obviously never owned a dog.

Hi,
actually I grew up with a dog, from 5 to 18 years old, I was very fond of it and was upset when It had to be put down. However I still would have no problem with eating dog provided I knew it was clean, eating a stray I would have problems with on the grounds I stated before about omnivores carrying parasites. I would not eat a family pet, and in my case that would be very unlikley as I have no wish to keep a dog or cat as a pet but as food I see few issues.
Best regrads
Syd

#245 Slave to the Grave

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

I know someone who ate a chameleon.
In my experience, yes, some guests have the same longing for towels and bedlinen as zombies have for human flesh.

"Turrwets, a very good place to keep a tdonkley" - Lady G.

Who is not made better and wiser by occasional intercourse with the tomb?
-George Blair

#246 CarolAnn

What's the character limit?

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

My sister used to sit in the back yard and eat grasshoppers.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

#247 time

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

How do you eat yours?
2014 DDP Team (Time's-up team): John Bardon; Dora Bryan; Emile Ford; Valery Giscard d’Estaing; John Glenn; Eldon Griffiths; Bernard Haitink; Gerald Harper; Buck Henry (Joker); Patricia Knatchbull; Francis Matthews; Sheila Mercier; Les Munro; Pete Murray; I. M. Pei; Dudley Simpson; Nobby Stiles; Joseph Wapner; Peter Wyngarde; Jimmy Young.

2014 DDP Theme Team (...and its goodnight from him etc): Ronald Atkins, Ron Brown, Ronnie Carroll; Ronald Chesney, Ronnie Walter Cunningham, Ronnie Dawson, Ron Ely, Ronald Baron Fearn, Ron Flowers, Ronnie Gilbert, Ronald Harwood, Ronald Hines, Ron Isley, Ronnie Masterson, Ronnie Moore, Ronald Pellar, Ronnie Ronalde, Ron Smith, Ronald Stevenson, Ron Suart (Joker)

2014 DDP Theme Team (Roger and Out): Roger Alton, Roger Angell, Sir Roger Bannister, Roger Cook, Roger Corman, Roger Daltrey, Roger Dimmock, Roger Etchegaray, Sir Roger Moore, Sir Roger Norrington, Sir Roger Penrose(Joker), Roger Protz, Roger Sainsbury, Roger Sloman, Roger Smith, Roger Spottiswood, Roger Squires, Roger Staubach, Roger Taylor, Roger Whitaker

Deathrace 2014 Team: Billy Graham (Joker), Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn,Kirk Douglas, Al Molinaro, Dora Bryan, John Glenn, Gerald Harper, Patricia Knatchbull, Francis Matthews, Sheila Mercier, Les Munro, Buck Henry, I. M. Pei, Joseph Wapner, Jimmy Young, Wojtech Jaruszelski, Doris Day

2014 Hartlepool Deadlypool Team: Rev Billy Graham, Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Carl Reiner, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas, Maximilian Schell, Al Molinaro, BB King. Subs: Doris Day, Wojciech Jaruzelski

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

#248 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,102 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

View Posttime, on 16 April 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Had them in Scotland for years
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#249 CarolAnn

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

Bring 'em to the Texas State Fair. We'll deep fry anything. Started with corn dogs and moved on to such delights as fried butter, fried CocaCola, fried bubblegum, fried beer, fried salsa, fried ice cream, fried pineapple upside down cake....the list goes on and on and on and your arteries clang shut from across the city.

#250 the_engineer

The Alpha & The Omega

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

View PostCarolAnn, on 25 April 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

Bring 'em to the Texas State Fair. We'll deep fry anything. Started with corn dogs and moved on to such delights as fried butter, fried CocaCola, fried bubblegum, fried beer, fried salsa, fried ice cream, fried pineapple upside down cake....the list goes on and on and on and your arteries clang shut from across the city.

deep fried bounty bar now that is nice ever had it?

your post also reminded me of one of the nicest experimental dishes i ever tried ' coca cola chicken ' anyone who hasn't tried needs too very tasty indeed .
I don't believe in coincidences

Basketball was invented in 1987 by konami.

genesis 22 16 - 18

DDP 2014 - Sovereign-Reaper

wilko johnsonPosted Image , joost van der westhuizen ,George h.w bush , sam simon , valerie harper , Kate Granger , Katherine Crowe , wojcech jaruzelski ,Sally Farmiloe , Clive James , Billy Graham , Tony Benn , Zsa Zsa Gabor , Vera lynn , Kirk Douglas , Saif Gaddafi , Superstar Billy Graham ,Stuart Hall , Fats Domino ,Isabel Peron.

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2014

Billy Graham
Wojcech Jaruzelski
Wilko Johnson
Sam Simon
Joost Van Der Westhuizen
Valerie Harper
Kate Granger
Sally Farmiloe
Katherine Crowe
Clive James

subs 1) George H.W Bush 2) Rolf Harris

#251 CarolAnn

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

Is CocaCola chicken anything like Beer Can Chicken?

#252 BrunoBrimley

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostCarolAnn, on 26 April 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

Not really. Along with other things the coca cola chicken doesn't use the can as a stuffing. Coca cola chicken also has a decidedly sweeter taste although to really get the sweet you need Pepsi.

Personally the best was original Dr.Pepper chicken where the chicken marinated in the soda overnight.

Remember people when making these soda and or beer chickens to use metal cans. Use the cans. Don't use the bottles. Beer bottles are glass and usually break with the heat and the soda bottles are plastic which destroys an otherwise good meal.

#253 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostBrunoBrimley, on 12 June 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Not really. Along with other things the coca cola chicken doesn't use the can as a stuffing. Coca cola chicken also has a decidedly sweeter taste although to really get the sweet you need Pepsi.

Personally the best was original Dr.Pepper chicken where the chicken marinated in the soda overnight.

Remember people when making these soda and or beer chickens to use metal cans. Use the cans. Don't use the bottles. Beer bottles are glass and usually break with the heat and the soda bottles are plastic which destroys an otherwise good meal.

:) Good to see you posting again Bruno. Are you well?
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#254 BrunoBrimley

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostDevonDeathTrip, on 12 June 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

View PostBrunoBrimley, on 12 June 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

:) Good to see you posting again Bruno. Are you well?
I seem to be alive.

Soon I will be putting together another ghastly concoction which I will eat. It won't be ghastly in taste, just in description of what is in it. Garlic, butter, peppers, onions, cheese and fresh green peas mixed together with pasta.

#255 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostBrunoBrimley, on 13 June 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Soon I will be putting together another ghastly concoction which I will eat. It won't be ghastly in taste, just in description of what is in it. Garlic, butter, peppers, onions, cheese and fresh green peas mixed together with pasta.

I'd skip the peas and add some chopped beef, oregano and basil, but for the rest it sounds much like what I like to eat.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users