Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Welsh Film Industry

Now that Catherine Zeta-Jones-Douglas has become firmly established in Hollywood, Charlotte Church is a well-known celebrity slapper in the UK, & Niki-J has hit the big time in Oz, the Welsh film industry is to receive additional funding to step up production. They are going to remake many well known films, but this time with a Welsh flavour. The following are planned for release 2006:

9½ Leeks

Trefforest Gump

Cwmando

The Lost Boyos

An American Werewolf in Powys

Huw Dares Gwyneth

Dai Hard

The Wizard of Oswestry

Cool Hand Look-you

Sheepless in Seattle

The Eagle has Llandudno

The Magnificent Severn

Haverfordwest Was Won

Austin Powys

The Magic Rhonddabout

Independence Dai

The Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch That Time Forgot

Seven Brides from Seven Sisters

Welsh Connection

The Bridge on the River Wye

Lawrence of Llandybie

A Beautiful Mind-you

The Welsh Patient

The Sheepshag Redemption

Breakfast at Taffynys

Look You Back in Bangor

Evans Can Wait

A Fishguard Called Rhondda

Where Eagles Aberdare

Dial M For Merthyr

Dai another dai

10 things I hate about ewe

Educating Zeta

Bryn & Caryl & Tecwyn & Alis

Lewis of Arabia

Lassie cwm home

Criccieth in times square

A passage to wales starring harlech guinness

About a boyo

not to mention:

Brecon Away

Ghost Sheep

Rugby Cairo

Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machynlleth

The Caerphilly-delphia Story

Oedipus Wrexham

Tom Jones' Diary

Post Cardiff from the Edge

Do we have any Welsh men or women amongst us?

I'm part Welsh.

Does that count? :)

I'm Welsh on my father's side. Plus I was born on St. Davids' Day & my surname is as Welsh as they come. :)

I thought this thread would be about aging Welsh film people, like Kenneth Griffith, but obviously not...

Is the Welsh Film Industry in danger of death? It certainly would be if it made half the movies listed above. I'm not sure it ever had an independent life of its own. Great thread though.

Um..... I live in Wales.

Shouldn't this whole thread be relocated to the Joke Thread,

where it rightly belongs.

I'm Welsh on my father's side. Plus I was born on St. Davids' Day & my surname is as Welsh as they come. :)

I thought this thread would be about aging Welsh film people, like Kenneth Griffith, but obviously not...

Yes this really is a pointless 022034.jpg

One among many such pointless fred_basset.jpg180px-Fredmbe.jpg

Um..... I live in Wales.

I don't. I live somewhere else.

Wales is very hilly isn't it?

Lots of sheep too.

Indeed. Anyway CP, you're quite rigt that many of the Near Miss mentions should be posted elsewhere, but that thread has become the graveyard of just about every death mentioned on Wikipedia and sites far more obscure. It is what it is though, and don't worry, irrelevant threads will be purged.

Irrelevant threads like this one?

That really belong in the Joke thread.

Guest R'Tron

This one seriously whacked thing to get talking on You sure you all aint on F*****g drugs or maybe sposed to be on some drugs you aint taking.

This one seriously whacked thing to get talking on You sure you all aint on F*****g drugs or maybe sposed to be on some drugs you aint taking.

After a cursory glance at the keywords, I nearly moved this to the Pete Doherty thread..

there actually was a welsh film industry for a while, towards the end of the nineties - remember twin town, for a start? it kept martin ace in beer money playing mad bloke bit parts between the umpteenth man reunion tour. if you don't believe me, read james hawes' white powder green light, which is based on his experiences turning the not bad novel rancid aluminium into the film called 'the worst british film of all time' by some. i wouldn't know - when it was on tv last i tried to watch it and the two women i was watching with talked the whole way through (which may, come to think of it, be all the critique we need).

Pulpshack would you know if this Ace Martin is still alive or can he be added to the possible croakers list?

Debatable whether there ever was a Welsh Film Industry or just some parts of film production based in Wales. Take yer point about Twin Towns Pulphack but the whole thing wasn't wall to wall Welsh money and Welsh staff.

Some odd places get into films. The Isle of Man Film Commission have turned the deadbeat rural parts of the place into a prime location, offering incentives to people to go over there and film. Recently the IOM has doubled for Ireland in Waking Ned, Torquay and Devon in Blackball and Suffolk in I Capture the Castle.

stIll doesn;t anwerre my question about Ace Martin Ace and if he is stilol alive or not dnow does it?

Bruno!

Does it look like I was trying to answer your question? He's not appeared in anything filmed on The Isle of Man in the last few years.

Bruno:

This link takes you to information on the truly sublime Peter Singh, a sikh imbued with the spirit of Elvis. As the proud owner of a copy of his 'Rockin' With the Sikh' I can vouch for it's incomparable brilliance.

Opening lines:

I don't smoke dope, I don't drink Bourbon

All I wanna do is, shake my turban

Yer man Ace has backed him and wrote another song - Turbans Over Memphis - for Singh.

welsh film industry, british film industry - they're all about taking the money from outside and providing facilities these days, with maybe the odd token 'home' product. a fair point, but to me the welsh are just a microcosm of the english (ooh, bet i'll regret that).

martin ace is alive and very well - new man album on the way, god help us, with the inevitable tour. he looks very chipper and is probably made of the same stuff as keef, lemmy, and not pete doherty.

how dowes this ace Man sound and comp-are typo my favorite Dave Van ronk?

Van Ronk bu t he way is dead thesae gfoure years passed now.

Man at their best bear a passing resemblance to Quicksilver Messenger Service in full flight. Good old rock and blues roots with cosmic ambitions. Man were funnier and grittier than Quicksilver.

Yer man David is probably a bit more mainstream than either of the above.

Van Ronk mainsterema? Hardly.,

A vilLage mainstream and an influence ont eh likes of Bobby zimmerman (knowqen to the public as Dullard Dylan) Van ronk was a Jazz and blues influezsnce man himself an djust happened tp arrive on the scene in ti,,e for the folk music get away which inclsledede Joni Mitchell Joan Baez Tom Paxton Peter Paul and Mary and loasds and loads of othteres. Hrers a picture of him. Somne people asay I look soret of likje him.

vanrock.jpg

Oops, sorry Bruno, I don't have a gin habit to blame either. Must've confused the crusty old git with the Dave Matthews Band, or someone.

perajps you r Alehaiemers si setting in.