Hello? Bou? Mister Fugit?

Why has this flourishing thread, nay, my current reason for living been closed?

I haven't been this upset since the police raided the Blacksmith's Arms & closed it down!

Or does this automatically happen to a thread whenever it nearly reaches the 1000 tally?

There was mention of it being brought down into the gutter, but I didn't notice anything particularly vulgar. Certainly nothing more offensive than your average Carry On film.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the result of a handful of moderater's sour grapes, because they feel the thread has no intellectual value & has resulted in the peasants enjoying themselves.

Please explain.

Probably because it's gone too far.

It's become pointless.

It wasn't pointless for the several people who were posting on it yesterday, who were all having fun & isn't that the point of this forum?

Strikes me we might as well be living in Nazi Germany if things are going to be closed as soon as something isn't to a moderater's liking or the masses start having too much fun.

I await a moderater's response with interest.

This isn't a Dickie O forum and thats basically what was created yesterday and in the end some of the content was deemed 'too far'.

Hardly Nazi Germany now, is it?

It wasn't pointless for the several people who were posting on it yesterday, who were all having fun & isn't that the point of this forum?

Strikes me we might as well be living in Nazi Germany if things are going to be closed as soon as something isn't to a moderater's liking or the masses start having too much fun.

I await a moderater's response with interest.

Mentioning 'Nazi Germany' is, of course the default way to lose a pub argument.

This isn't a Dickie O forum and thats basically what was created yesterday and in the end some of the content was deemed 'too far'.

Okay, maybe my analogy was a tad strong & I have no wish to fall out with anyone, but could you please provide some examples of conrtent going 'too far' & explain your first sentence?

Please add my vote to "Bring back the Dickie O thread".

PS I think it was Bou that closed it as hers is the last post.

Guest Himler

No, you are thinking of the Blair government.

It will soon be illegal to make jokes about vicar's.

George Orwell, you were so right :D

Guest Himler

So what's to stop the thread continuing here? :D

It was always going to happen.

Knowing our luck the old mucker will die between threads being closed and opened...

And so we are still none the wiser as to why the original thread was closed & now my questioning thread has been closed. :D

All I wish to know is why moderaters (& moderators) are closing threads without explanation why... or have all democratic leanings been closed as well?

I'm not trying to stir up trouble or dog off the mods (I'll leave that to the rockers)...

I just want some form of explanation to what I think is a justifiable query.

I'll take some responsibilty.

But I don't think I lowered the tone more than it has been by others elsewhere.

And the discussions follow a logical route - filth doesn't just appear out of nowhere; instead, there is a common thread running through the piece.

But there you go.

At least I haven't been hacking around with Wiki, although I know who was...

I hope they are big enough to post an apology.

I'll take some responsibilty.

But I don't think I lowered the tone more than it has been by others elsewhere.

And the discussions follow a logical route - filth doesn't just appear out of nowhere; instead, there is a common thread running through the piece.

But there you go.

At least I haven't been hacking around with Wiki, although I know who was...

I hope they are big enough to post an apology.

Ah, so it was your fault was it? Lol.

I re-read the last three pages of the thread earlier & I'm damned if I can see anything that warrants closure of the thread. Some stuff's near the knuckle, granted, but as you say, no more so than elsewhere on this forum.

It was always going to happen.

Knowing our luck the old mucker will die between threads being closed and opened...

I was just about to say yes, that would be just our luck, but I'd better not...

You know what happens when we mention his name....

If everybody on this list applied such standards then we'd be okay.

As I said, and you said, the last three pages may have been getting close to the knuckle, but there was a common thread among the post and it would have moved "above the belt" if it was left to progress naturally.

And so we are still none the wiser as to why the original thread was closed & now my questioning thread has been closed. :D

All I wish to know is why moderaters (& moderators) are closing threads without explanation why... or have all democratic leanings been closed as well?

I'm not trying to stir up trouble or dog off the mods (I'll leave that to the rockers)...

Moderaters have no power to lock threads, but I'm sure Dickie O' will be re-opened in the near future.

He's just resting after such an active time yesterday.

Guest Himler

;) I suggest we Google-Bomb this site under the phrase:

Anal retentive, control freak Himler

:D

;) I suggest we Google-Bomb this site under the phrase:

Anal retentive, control freak Himler

:D

But surely if you're going to do that then the anal retentive control freak Himler in your post should be a link.

Google-bomb is a lovely phrase.

And so we are still none the wiser as to why the original thread was closed & now my questioning thread has been closed.  :D

Moderaters have no power to lock threads, but I'm sure Dickie O' will be re-opened in the near future.

Ah, that is good news TF.

Pray tell me, who does have the power to close threads or do such mere mortals as I not have access to such privileged information?

Pray tell me, who does have the power to close threads or do such mere mortals as I not have access to such privileged information?

ModeraTORS as opposed to ModeraTERS.

And so we are still none the wiser as to why the original thread was closed & now my questioning thread has been closed.  :D

Moderators, have that power.

I'm a Moderater. I'm a mere Oompa Loompa by comparison.

What? We get closed down, personally?!?

Who knows what power these moderaters yield?

Personally I'm not even answering the phone, let alone the door, until I know what the F**k is going on... :D

Guest Himler

Some anal retentive control freak modified my post by adding "Himler"

And these c**ts wonder why so few people register. :D