- - - - -

Lord Lucan - The Big Question Aged 71 (if not dead & done)

47 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Lord Lucan Dead?

Is Lord Lucan Dead?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Lard Bazaar

Bang! And the dirt is gone!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostToast, on 26 February 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

Mmmm. Who do we think should portray him?

Freddie Mercury, of course. Or one of the blokes off the 118 advert.

#42 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostLard Bazaar, on 26 February 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Oh, a zombie film. Not my cuppa.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders

#43 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Apologies if I've messed up another search and missed a recent post elsewhere but...

Lucan's brother turned up on that bastion of deep-research and flawless journalism Inside Out on BBC 1 this week claiming "Lucky" died about nine years ago and is buried in Africa. S'cuse the cynicism but going on the accuracy previous claims of blood relatives about Lucan's fate I'm not convinced!
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#44 Perfect Passing

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostLard Bazaar, on 26 February 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Da man that is Sacha Baron Cohen has just finished filming a biopic of Freddie Mercury and apparently he is rather good.
Maybe he should be booked for back to back gigs & given The Lord Lucan role, I think he would do the sinister side of Lucan really well.
If destiny's kind......... I've got the rest of my mind.

#45 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Perfect Passing has hit on a great idea above. The biopic, however, would surely get mired in a whelter of conflicting interests all denying the film-makers any opportunity to finish the story accurately.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#46 Bibliogryphon

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on 09 February 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Perfect Passing has hit on a great idea above. The biopic, however, would surely get mired in a whelter of conflicting interests all denying the film-makers any opportunity to finish the story accurately.

Forget biopic I am thinking event theatre.

You have the basic play about the disappearance of LL and then right at the end an old bloke in the audience with a bushy moustache stands up and says "Absolute Rubbish, what really happened was..." at which point the theatre doors crash open and the old bloke is dragged roughly away by half a dozen police officers, the lights come up and the cast shuffle off the stage.

Cameron MacKintosh can contact me anytime.
"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2013 DDP Teams:

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team)
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader
Unusual Suspects

#47 Perfect Passing

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostBibliogryphon, on 11 February 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

View Postmaryportfuncity, on 09 February 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Forget biopic I am thinking event theatre.

You have the basic play about the disappearance of LL and then right at the end an old bloke in the audience with a bushy moustache stands up and says "Absolute Rubbish, what really happened was..." at which point the theatre doors crash open and the old bloke is dragged roughly away by half a dozen police officers, the lights come up and the cast shuffle off the stage.

Cameron MacKintosh can contact me anytime.

I was thinking that all the multi award winning films are the really deep ones that provoke people to concentrate on what they are watching.

The biopic could tell the 'Lucky Lucan' story from all different kinds of angles, the nannies story, the wife's, the kids, lucky's himself and the established friends that even obviously felt obliged to assist him.
If the people that made the TV series 'Lost' got involved the film could jump back & fourth in time and really get people thinking, did he/did'nt he do it, and could finish with conclusion.
Or the full story could be told through the journey of his wrist watch!

Anyways, forget Mackintosh, we need Spielberg or Ridley Scott for this epic.

We just need a really good attention grabbing title!
If destiny's kind......... I've got the rest of my mind.

#48 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,242 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Biblio has a corker above, it could be life the Jeffery Archer play where different results occur on different nights. FFS, I hate theatre and I'd go to that!
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users