Photo
- - - - -

Lord Lucan - The Big QuestionAged 80 (if not dead & done)

62 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Lord Lucan Dead?

Is Lord Lucan Dead?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Lard Bazaar

Lard Bazaar

Bang! And the dirt is gone!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

Mmmm. Who do we think should portray him?

Freddie Mercury, of course. Or one of the blokes off the 118 advert.

#42 Magere Hein

Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Oh, a zombie film. Not my cuppa.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2015 team The Grey Horde: 2/20 (10 points)
DDP 2015 theme team Minions of Xuleneb : 1/20 (0 points)

1 Corinthians 15:55

#43 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Apologies if I've messed up another search and missed a recent post elsewhere but...

Lucan's brother turned up on that bastion of deep-research and flawless journalism Inside Out on BBC 1 this week claiming "Lucky" died about nine years ago and is buried in Africa. S'cuse the cynicism but going on the accuracy previous claims of blood relatives about Lucan's fate I'm not convinced!
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#44 Perfect Passing

Perfect Passing

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Da man that is Sacha Baron Cohen has just finished filming a biopic of Freddie Mercury and apparently he is rather good.
Maybe he should be booked for back to back gigs & given The Lord Lucan role, I think he would do the sinister side of Lucan really well.
If destiny's kind......... I've got the rest of my mind.

#45 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Perfect Passing has hit on a great idea above. The biopic, however, would surely get mired in a whelter of conflicting interests all denying the film-makers any opportunity to finish the story accurately.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#46 Bibliogryphon

Bibliogryphon

Jolly Green Gnat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Perfect Passing has hit on a great idea above. The biopic, however, would surely get mired in a whelter of conflicting interests all denying the film-makers any opportunity to finish the story accurately.

Forget biopic I am thinking event theatre.

You have the basic play about the disappearance of LL and then right at the end an old bloke in the audience with a bushy moustache stands up and says "Absolute Rubbish, what really happened was..." at which point the theatre doors crash open and the old bloke is dragged roughly away by half a dozen police officers, the lights come up and the cast shuffle off the stage.

Cameron MacKintosh can contact me anytime.
  • maryportfuncity, myf and Davey Jones' Locker like this
"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2015 DDP Teams: (2014)

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team) 1/20 (5/20 - =7th Theme Team League (=68th))
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader 1/20 (2/20 =351st)
Unusual Suspects 0/20 (5/20 =114th)

Winner of 2014 Inverse Deadpool

2015 Shadow List

Sam Simon/Billy Graham/Zsa Zsa Gabor/B B King/Joao Havelange/Olivia de Havilland/Peter Sallis/Kirk Douglas/Muhammad Ali/Mary Tyler Moore/George Bush Snr/Tony Booth/Leonard Nimoy/Paul Gascoigne/Leslie Philips/Denis Healey/Liz Dawn/Herman Wouk/Richard Adams/Vera Lynn/Jean Alexander/Glenn Campbell/Fats Domino/Fidel Castro/Bhumibol Adulyadej/Jake Lamotta/Robert Mugabe/Lord Carrington/Peter OSullevan/Abdelaziz Bouteflika/Helmut Schmidt/Joost van der Westhuizen/Phil Spector/Rob Ford/Bill Maynard/Denis Norden/Abe Vigoda/Rodney Bewes/Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh/Manuel Noriega/Douglas Hurd/Clive James/Kim Jong-Un/Ali Carter/Nancy Reagan/Ronnie Corbett/Cliff Mitchelmore/Peter Sutcliffe/ Christopher Lee/ Ian Brady

#47 Perfect Passing

Perfect Passing

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Forget biopic I am thinking event theatre.

You have the basic play about the disappearance of LL and then right at the end an old bloke in the audience with a bushy moustache stands up and says "Absolute Rubbish, what really happened was..." at which point the theatre doors crash open and the old bloke is dragged roughly away by half a dozen police officers, the lights come up and the cast shuffle off the stage.

Cameron MacKintosh can contact me anytime.

I was thinking that all the multi award winning films are the really deep ones that provoke people to concentrate on what they are watching.

The biopic could tell the 'Lucky Lucan' story from all different kinds of angles, the nannies story, the wife's, the kids, lucky's himself and the established friends that even obviously felt obliged to assist him.
If the people that made the TV series 'Lost' got involved the film could jump back & fourth in time and really get people thinking, did he/did'nt he do it, and could finish with conclusion.
Or the full story could be told through the journey of his wrist watch!

Anyways, forget Mackintosh, we need Spielberg or Ridley Scott for this epic.

We just need a really good attention grabbing title!
If destiny's kind......... I've got the rest of my mind.

#48 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Biblio has a corker above, it could be life the Jeffery Archer play where different results occur on different nights. FFS, I hate theatre and I'd go to that!
Posted Image

#49 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

Lord Lucans friend and confidante William Shand Kydd, who may have been the only person who knew what happened to him, has died http://www.independe...ny-9961361.html

#50 drunkasaskunk

drunkasaskunk

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

Lord Lucans friend and confidante William Shand Kydd, who may have been the only person who knew what happened to him, has died http://www.independe...ny-9961361.html

The whole of society was buzzin'
when ah done a bunk they brought the fuzz in
their still LUCAN for me
But I'm going to stay free
'cos I happen to be the queen's cousin.

____________________________________________________________________________________-

DDP 2015
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sam Simon, Little Jimmy Dickens, Christy Dignam, Dave Benton, Betty Lou Motes, Monty Brinson, René Angélil, Richie Benaud, Gordon Aikman , Mary Tyler Moore,  Lauren Hill, Derek Ezra, Clive James,  Sue Ramsey, Glen Michael, Fernando Rickson, Rev Billy Graham, Helen Fawkes, Kate Granger, Zsa Zsa Gabor

#51 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

Well... the other person who knows (probably) and ain't tellin' is Lucan himself!
Posted Image

#52 Magere Hein

Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

Well... the other person who knows (probably) and ain't tellin' is Lucan himself!

If he's alive, that is. He'd be 80 if he were alive, an age fewer than half of men reach.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2015 team The Grey Horde: 2/20 (10 points)
DDP 2015 theme team Minions of Xuleneb : 1/20 (0 points)

1 Corinthians 15:55

#53 Phantom

Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

I'm curious to know what happened to the bloodstained letters that are mentioned in that news article or are they being kept at Scotland Yard?

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----
DDP 2015 - 1/20

Lauren Hilljoker.gif, Little Jimmy Dickens, Sylvia Miles, Liz Dawn, Joao Havelenge, Sam Simon, Chris Woodhead, Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Stephen Lewis, Jimmy Perry, Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Brady, Peter Vaughan, John Stevenson, Jerry Maren, Ian St. John, Patricia Hitchcock, Robert M. Pirsig, Nancy Reagan

2015 Shadow List

1/50

Jean Alexander, Muhammed Ali, Daisy Berkowitz, Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, Ian Brady, George H.W Bush, Jacques Chirac, Beverly Cleary, George Cole, Liz Dawn, Little Jimmy Dickens, Bob Dole, Clarissa Eden, Janet Fielding, June Foray, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gaston Glock, Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Joao Havelange, Lauren Hill, Patricia Hitchcock, Clive James, B.B. King, Helmut Kohl, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Sylvia Miles, Al Molinaro, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Les Munro, Leonard Nimoy, Denis Norden, Maureen O'Hara, Jimmy Perry, Leslie Phillips, Nancy Reagan, Don Rickles, Sonny Rollins, Peter Sallis, Helmut Schmidt, Sam Simon, Dudley Simpson, Ian St. John, Percy Sledge, Peter Sutcliffe, Peter Vaughan, Chris Woodhead

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2014 4/20 - Joint 71st

DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th

DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

#54 Dr. Zorders

Dr. Zorders

IsCastroDeadYet.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

We are sher never gonnar find out what happened to him now!

Dr. Zorders' 2015 supermegadeathlist, A.K.A. The 2005 T-in-the-Park Cark-in-the-Dark Sweepstakes, Brought to you by Limited Edition Netto-Value-Champagne-Flavoured Skittles (1/50)
(numbers 1.-20. = my DDP entry Dead and Deader II)
1. Rob Ford 2. joker.gifSam Simon 3. Art Paul 4. Edward Albee 5. Fred Jarvis 6. Geoffrey Howe 7. Denis Healey 8. Bob Falkenburg 9. Lex Luger 10. Edgar Ray Killen 11. Alan Simpson 12. Jean Nidetch 13. Demis Roussos 14. Frank Lucas 15. Clifton James 16. Dr. George C. Nichopoulos 17. Adolf Burger 18. Paul Volcker 19. Peter Sutcliffe 20. Fidel Castro 21. Robert Mugabe 22. Theodore Kaczynski 23. Rev. Billy Graham 24. Kirk Douglas 25. Olivia de Haviland 26. George Soros 27. Rupert Murdoch 28. Vincent Kennedy McMahon 29. Josef Fritzl 30. James Holmes 31. Muhammad Ali 32. Bob Dole 33. Mikhail Gorbachev 34. John B. Anderson 35. Frankie Boyle 36. Clive James 37. Arnold Palmer 38. King Juan Carlos of Spain 39. Gudrun Himmler 40. George R.R. Martin 41. Lyndon LaRouche 42. Stein Eriksen 43. Bernard Ecclestone 44. Roger Moore 45. Hugh Hefner 46. Roger Law 47. Jeremy Clarkson 48. Maurice Strong 49. Dick Passwater 50. Prince Philip

#55 Phantom

Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

You think he might be cat food or melted down for glue?

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----
DDP 2015 - 1/20

Lauren Hilljoker.gif, Little Jimmy Dickens, Sylvia Miles, Liz Dawn, Joao Havelenge, Sam Simon, Chris Woodhead, Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Stephen Lewis, Jimmy Perry, Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Brady, Peter Vaughan, John Stevenson, Jerry Maren, Ian St. John, Patricia Hitchcock, Robert M. Pirsig, Nancy Reagan

2015 Shadow List

1/50

Jean Alexander, Muhammed Ali, Daisy Berkowitz, Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, Ian Brady, George H.W Bush, Jacques Chirac, Beverly Cleary, George Cole, Liz Dawn, Little Jimmy Dickens, Bob Dole, Clarissa Eden, Janet Fielding, June Foray, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gaston Glock, Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Joao Havelange, Lauren Hill, Patricia Hitchcock, Clive James, B.B. King, Helmut Kohl, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Sylvia Miles, Al Molinaro, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Les Munro, Leonard Nimoy, Denis Norden, Maureen O'Hara, Jimmy Perry, Leslie Phillips, Nancy Reagan, Don Rickles, Sonny Rollins, Peter Sallis, Helmut Schmidt, Sam Simon, Dudley Simpson, Ian St. John, Percy Sledge, Peter Sutcliffe, Peter Vaughan, Chris Woodhead

#56 Dr. Zorders

Dr. Zorders

IsCastroDeadYet.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

You think he might be cat food or melted down for glue?

Maybe he's cat coffee. Maxwell House?

Dr. Zorders' 2015 supermegadeathlist, A.K.A. The 2005 T-in-the-Park Cark-in-the-Dark Sweepstakes, Brought to you by Limited Edition Netto-Value-Champagne-Flavoured Skittles (1/50)
(numbers 1.-20. = my DDP entry Dead and Deader II)
1. Rob Ford 2. joker.gifSam Simon 3. Art Paul 4. Edward Albee 5. Fred Jarvis 6. Geoffrey Howe 7. Denis Healey 8. Bob Falkenburg 9. Lex Luger 10. Edgar Ray Killen 11. Alan Simpson 12. Jean Nidetch 13. Demis Roussos 14. Frank Lucas 15. Clifton James 16. Dr. George C. Nichopoulos 17. Adolf Burger 18. Paul Volcker 19. Peter Sutcliffe 20. Fidel Castro 21. Robert Mugabe 22. Theodore Kaczynski 23. Rev. Billy Graham 24. Kirk Douglas 25. Olivia de Haviland 26. George Soros 27. Rupert Murdoch 28. Vincent Kennedy McMahon 29. Josef Fritzl 30. James Holmes 31. Muhammad Ali 32. Bob Dole 33. Mikhail Gorbachev 34. John B. Anderson 35. Frankie Boyle 36. Clive James 37. Arnold Palmer 38. King Juan Carlos of Spain 39. Gudrun Himmler 40. George R.R. Martin 41. Lyndon LaRouche 42. Stein Eriksen 43. Bernard Ecclestone 44. Roger Moore 45. Hugh Hefner 46. Roger Law 47. Jeremy Clarkson 48. Maurice Strong 49. Dick Passwater 50. Prince Philip

#57 Phantom

Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

Lady Lucan is 75 this year, so she's getting up there in the years.

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----
DDP 2015 - 1/20

2015 Shadow List

1/50

#58 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

I'm curious to know what happened to the bloodstained letters that are mentioned in that news article or are they being kept at Scotland Yard?

and did Shand-Kyd keep all of the letters or did he keep some of it for himself,the part with the vital information..? Now that he's dead we might finally hear the truth of what happened to Lord Lucan ..

#59 Phantom

Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

and did Shand-Kyd keep all of the letters or did he keep some of it for himself,the part with the vital information..? Now that he's dead we might finally hear the truth of what happened to Lord Lucan ..

Absolutely no idea, that's why I said I'm curious to know what happened to the letters.

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----
DDP 2015 - 1/20

2015 Shadow List

1/50

#60 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

If he's alive, that is. He'd be 80 if he were alive, an age fewer than half of men reach.

regards,
Hein

Yeah, but I'd say two things are fair guesses:

1 - He was spirited away alive somewhere, and not killed later as some have suggested by being dumped overboard in the channel.

2 - There's a passable chance an aristocrat with - probably - access to some funds etc. could survive to 80, even if he's in Africa.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users