Guest IYG

Drunk? Bored?? Psychopath???

Smoking what exactly...

Kippers, officer, kippers...honest!

:lol:

Smoking what exactly...

Kippers, officer, kippers...honest!

:banghead:

Does that get you kippered, smoking kippers all day?

I never realised how weird the word 'kipper' both looks and sounds until now. The fact that I just said it out loud a few times means that I also look & sound weird to my work colleagues. Make that weirder.

So this is the first time that I've majorily "enjoyed beverages" since Sun God (which NAP and some other people are slightly familiar with), and I went to this thread to see what I could post.

But then I was like, why would I want to fight with fellow DLers? Why not spread the love? So I'm going to try and do that right now in no particular order.

Banshee's Scream: I like how you engage with other people on this forum as if they were real people and not just internet bots. That shows a level of trust and socialability rarely seen in people.

Scsibear and Lady Grendel: You two totally rock. You make me feel like I'm a member of this community, and not just someone who randomly posts messages on the forum. If it wasn't for you two, I wouldn't even consider going to Oxford or Cambridge, but you two have proven to me that the UK is worth checking out!

Notapotato: In terms of respect, you are the penultimate. I think you embody what it means to be a moderator: fair and rational. Though we may disagree at times, know that there is much respect.

Magere Hein: You are my Deathlist hero, whose supreme Mod abilities and awesome posts made me want to become a member in the first place. Congrats on making admin, you deserve it!

Windsor and Heaven Can Wait: You guys never fail to make me laugh, which is a surprisingly difficult thing to do. I hate to summarize you guys in a few sentences, but I feel that way about you. If I'm having a bad day, your posts tend to make it better!

Harvester of Souls: I wish you would hang around more often, I love not only your sardonic posts, but also your interesting prescence in live (dead) chat! You were one of the first members to welcome me, and I appreciate that so much!

Tempus Fugit: The man, the myth, the legend. What else can be said that wasn't already said in your PERSONAL THREAD! Though I may not express it all the time, you rock.

ie+: If it wasn't for you, I might have abandoned DL a long time ago. You convinced me to hang around and make the most out of my DL experience. Go Team Canada!

Boucidda (totally spelt wrong, but whatever, Unicum does that to you): You, without really knowing me, sent me the message that convinced me not to abandoned the DL at that one time. I've already told you this, but you rock my world.

Maryportfuncity: Though sometimes you get to me with your massive amounts of posting, I do appreciate your efforts to keep the DL alive. Don't ever stop, no matter what I tell you!

Handrejka: Where have you been lately? I miss our repeated back-and-forthing on NAP's forum in the Word Association thread. Come back soon, you rock!

Dr. Hackenslash: Your support and ability to try and get to know everyone is totally awesome. You're more social and likeable over the internet than most people in real life.

Six and TLC: You guys arrived after me, but I think you both epitomize what a DL member should be. Your posts are always encouraging, enlightinening or just plain entertaining. Don't stop the good work!

Anibus The Jackal: You were the first person to reply to one of my posts (see the "People I Was Surprised To Find Alive" thread) and that was what convinced me to continue on as a regular member. You kick ass. All that I am on DL, I am becuase of you.

Ack! I know I'm missing a lot of you but, give me a break, given the title of this thread! I just wanted to spread the love! I never devote this much time and energy to ANYTHING, so you should all consider yourselves special, whether or not my fuzzy memory had enough power to remember you, because I love you all!

So this is the first time that I've majorily "enjoyed beverages" since Sun God (which NAP and some other people are slightly familiar with), and I went to this thread to see what I could post.

But then I was like, why would I want to fight with fellow DLers? Why not spread the love? So I'm going to try and do that right now in no particular order.

Banshee's Scream: I like how you engage with other people on this forum as if they were real people and not just internet bots. That shows a level of trust and socialability rarely seen in people.

I try to be real and I speak my mind, i've been through many times on Deathlist and though there have been many good and many bad, i've brought them all here. Sometimes when I think about my life without Deathlist, I don't know how I would be if it weren't for some of the special people that roam the forums day and night. Canadian Paul I find you very intelligent and a good majority of your posts are time consuming. You have been a key contributer to Deathlist and a valuable personality and I hope you 'live here' like most of us, for many years to come. :)

Regards,

BS

So this is the first time that I've majorily "enjoyed beverages" and I went to this thread to see what I could post.

But then I was like, why would I want to fight with fellow DLers? Why not spread the love?

Handrejka: Where have you been lately?

You missed me out. Twat. Ain't no love spreading from me. ;):)

Handrejka's on holiday at the moment.

So this is the first time that I've majorily "enjoyed beverages" and I went to this thread to see what I could post.

But then I was like, why would I want to fight with fellow DLers? Why not spread the love?

You missed me out. Twat. Ain't no love spreading from me. ;):)

Of course I missed out on you OoO. Your awesome transcends words. No amount of praise that I could give you would be a sufficient representation of your awesomeness. In fact, explaining how rad you are would be more of an insult, since it would be a degredation of the true spirit of Octopus of Odstock.

If it makes you feel any better, I got into a fight and someone beat me over the head with a lead pipe! ;)

[snip]

Six and TLC: You guys arrived after me, but I think you both epitomize what a DL member should be. Your posts are always encouraging, enlightinening or just plain entertaining. Don't stop the good work!

Wow, that's lovely! What a nice guy! It's great to get a pat on the back every now and then - nice to know I'm not just an annoying presence... at least to Canadian Paul anyhow! Thanks CP, right back 'atcha!

I feeel teerribly bad for SiX weho I noticed has the same name aass the charteacter from that reallyteerible television show with the girl fr4om the Bette Midler Movie Bitches I think the show was about aq peson with the same name as the person who played Grasndmmmama on The ADDAms Family.

1)Blossom Rock played Grammama on the Addams Family

2)Mayaiim Balik or someone like thaT PLAYED bLOSSOM ON THE show of with that name.

3)Jenna Von Oy played Size Six

4)Goiung back to item two the Bailik girl was in Bette Midler and Barbara Hershy movie aobut a person who died or was going to die and these3 two whiny broads looked backwsards at theire life long time frindship and the moivie was caleed Beachees pr something like that.

The pojmt here tyhouhg at the statr is that I see from poisting times that Six has been herte for over almost 2 hours so theree myst be boredom theree.

Me? I'm gettting tanked tosdday and tubed tommkorrow.

Is that anything to do with colonic irrigation, BB?

I feeel teerribly bad for SiX weho I noticed has the same name aass the charteacter from that reallyteerible television show with the girl fr4om the Bette Midler Movie Bitches I think the show was about aq peson with the same name as the person who played Grasndmmmama on The ADDAms Family.

1)Blossom Rock played Grammama on the Addams Family

2)Mayaiim Balik or someone like thaT PLAYED bLOSSOM ON THE show of with that name.

3)Jenna Von Oy played Size Six

4)Goiung back to item two the Bailik girl was in Bette Midler and Barbara Hershy movie aobut a person who died or was going to die and these3 two whiny broads looked backwsards at theire life long time frindship and the moivie was caleed Beachees pr something like that.

The pojmt here tyhouhg at the statr is that I see from poisting times that Six has been herte for over almost 2 hours so theree myst be boredom theree.

Yup. :lol: You're right BB. Let me explain: I have my computer in my kitchen and whenever my children give me a spare five minutes, I like to check emails, visit the DL and... well, that's about it actually. So, I checked the DL this morning and posted something-or-other, then, leaving my computer on, went to do the family-thing, as y'do. Then, a while later, I had some peace again, so I called back to the DL.

A sad use of my time, some of you no doubt think, but as a young* stay-at-home-mother with two small children, I have no social life and so cherish the excitement and grown-up talk** I find here.

I hope that clears up the boredom issue. Yes. I am bored. ;)

As for having the same name as someone-or-other from something-or-other, I know not what you talk about! I consider myself quite lucky, as I'll be Six on the 6 / 6 / 06 - how many of you ( meaning all of your personalities, BB ) can claim that then? :)

* ish

** ish

You missed me out. Twat. Ain't no love spreading from me. :lol::)

I'm back now though. So what have I missed?

I'm back now though. So what have I missed?

Not a great deal. We're all just hanging around waiting for Taufa' to shuffle off this mortal coil, aren't we?

I'm bored sh**less tonight. Absolutely bored witless out of my f***ing skull. I've got no alcohol in the house, no drugs that I can reasonably take, there's nothing on television, I've got work to do that I simply can't be bothered to do, there seems to be permanent cloud-cover over the region despite it being, almost literally, mid-summer. I've got a hole in my left sock, there's washing-up in the sink, I found a massive wasp nest in my loft today, there's a whole myriad of things out there to look at on the internet but I can't think of a single thing that I can be bothered to go and look at...

Did I mention I'm bored? ZZZZzzzzzz... come ON, something HAPPEN ffs! Anything would be good, but I'd rather it were something actually exciting like, for example, a meteorite landing in the back garden, a plane crashing in the street outside, a suitcase full of drugs/cash falling from a plane and landing in the front garden, I don't know; generally something falling from the sky onto my immediate vicinity would be nice. Failing that, the phone ringing and someone giving me some really good news, or saying something funny, or just ANYTHING would be good right now. I'm half-tempted to put one of Mrs SC's stockings on my head and go rob a petrol station or something (if any were open around here in the middle of the night). Even this post is starting to bore me, and if there's one thing that usually perks me up, you know it's the sound of me typing a post :banghead: . I can't sleep at this time of night, so there's no point going to bed. BORING! BO-RING! F**k me, I'm bored. I mean REALLY, REALLY bored.

You also missed my Pete Doherty poems (but so did everyone else :( )

I was rather proud of them.

F**k me, I'm bored. I mean REALLY, REALLY bored.

A sure cure for ennui is Russian roulette, beats a hole in the head and guaranteed to end with a bang.

Not exactly sticking up petrol stations but my walk on the wild side was to creep out and at midnight and hose down the plants in breach of the ban in these parts. I guess that means I'm on the run now but I'll take a few of those water enforcement guys with me at the end; that or I'll squirt myself first. Either way, they'll never take me dry.

Not exactly sticking up petrol stations but my walk on the wild side was to creep out and at midnight and hose down the plants in breach of the ban in these parts. I guess that means I'm on the run now but I'll take a few of those water enforcement guys with me at the end; that or I'll squirt myself first. Either way, they'll never take me dry.

So if cornered you plan on wetting yourself,

why am I not surprised. :(

You're a dangerous man, Godot. The local authorities have now been awakened to the

menace that you clearly are, and have updated that poster with your picture on it. Now

instead of just 'Wanted' you are 'Wanted, Wet or Dry.'

I fear for you.

Just walked across the local Golf course and not only were the greens pristine and lush, so were the fairways. Watering fairways in a drought, even if they have their own bore hole, is simply taking the piss.

Just walked across the local Golf course and not only were the greens pristine and lush, so were the fairways. Watering fairways in a drought, even if they have their own bore hole, is simply taking the piss.

Don't get mad. Get even with the frivolous c**ts. Get some nitrogen-rich fertilizer (i'd recommend a 25-15-15 NPK ratio) and sprinkle a little, very precisely, on the greens or fairways to form large words like "golf is sh*t" or some bon mots of your choice. A decent fertilizer will contain blue/green dye to make it blend with the foliage. Allow them to carry on watering the turf as usual, and Hey Presto! in a few days/weeks, the over-fertilized areas spring up more lush and dark-green than the surrounding areas, highlighting the words you've created.

It's a damned difficult effect to get rid of; only leaching of the soil or removal of the topsoil (irksome to greenkeepers and golfers alike) will be effective. As a nipper, myself and 3 friends conspired to keep the word "redrum" ("r"s written mirror-image á la Shining) appearing every summer for years on the 13th green of our local.

Or, you could just move up north. We've got more water up here than we know what to do with ;)

• Like 1

Puts me in mind of that Michael Douglas film, 'Falling Down' where he walks across the golf course and shoots the buggy and the guy has a heart attack. I can picture Godot now, standing over someone and saying that the worst thing about it all is that they're going to die 'wearing that stupid F*****g hat.'

Puts me in mind of that Michael Douglas film, 'Falling Down' where he walks across the golf course and shoots the buggy and the guy has a heart attack. I can picture Godot now, standing over someone and saying that the worst thing about it all is that they're going to die 'wearing that stupid F*****g hat.'

You have a point BHB. I do hate local club golfers and the whole golf club scene. One of them nearly hit me with a ball a while back when I was on my walk. I hate the electric gate on the private car park and the parking space for the club captain. I hate putting greens. All that pampering over a bit of F*****g grass when people in Sudan are having dust for breakfast. I hate the whole pointlessness of it all (although I quite like the pointlessness too). Who was it who called it a "a good walk spoilt"? I hate all the snooty, snobbish middle-class, white colonial we-don't-want-any-blacks-living-next-door-to-us, lardydah, conceited, twatish home countyness of it all. I don't mind the professionals. It's the weekend players and the people who watch golf who wear those ridiculous shorts and those silly eye-shades and I don't like Peter Allis, Mr God's gift to golf, it's about time he was deathlisted, he's so up himself he makes me feel physically sick every time I hear him speak. Do I hate golf.

Who was it who called it a "a good walk spoilt"?

Mark Twain, apparently. http://books.guardian.co.uk/authors/author...1803497,00.html

You have a point BHB. I do hate local club golfers and the whole golf club scene. One of them nearly hit me with a ball a while back when I was on my walk. I hate the electric gate on the private car park and the parking space for the club captain. I hate putting greens. All that pampering over a bit of F*****g grass when people in Sudan are having dust for breakfast. I hate the whole pointlessness of it all (although I quite like the pointlessness too). Who was it who called it a "a good walk spoilt"? I hate all the snooty, snobbish middle-class, white colonial we-don't-want-any-blacks-living-next-door-to-us, lardydah, conceited, twatish home countyness of it all. I don't mind the professionals. It's the weekend players and the people who watch golf who wear those ridiculous shorts and those silly eye-shades and I don't like Peter Allis, Mr God's gift to golf, it's about time he was deathlisted, he's so up himself he makes me feel physically sick every time I hear him speak. Do I hate golf.

I couldn't agree more. Well said Godot.

So, I take it I can't interest you in a round or two this weekend? :angry: