Guest Grave Robber

Bernard Manning

Guest Grave Robber

I saw the great Mr. Manning on a repeat of the 'Mrs Merton Show', a couple of days ago. He was in tremendous form, but he looked a little 'worse for wear'; that was back in 1998.

So, six years on... this year maybe?? Mr. Reaper?...

I fear a case of wishful thinking. Mind you, most of his jokes die quite regularly, I understand!

Guest Grave Robber

No, not wishful thinking on my part. I just thought that since he's rather rotund and elderly, the odds must be stacked against him.

His jokes don't go down well with the PC brigade, but as a black person, I think he's great. We tell jokes about whites, so why not vice versa? His delivery is even better than DHL's! A world without controversy is a very staid and boring one...

Funny is funny, despite how 'wrong' it may be (to the culturati).

I don't object to the topics of his jokes, just I bracket him along with Jim Davidson in the "not funny" category - as you say, funny is funny but I've just never found him to be so.

I find the PC brigade equally annoying - did anyone see that Galaxy have had to scrub a billboard advert because the text was "eeny meeny miny mo" which, according to the aforementioned PC brigade, was racially offensive?

Nope, didn't agree with it either!

There was a reality television programme on ITV (nothing new there) about 2 taxi's in Manchester, This one taxi driver who was a pakistani had to pick up Bernard, and lift him into the back of the cab. He was walking very slow, looks like he's going of his legs. Maybe by December he'll get pneumonia. The Fat B*****d didn't even tip, and he was nice to the driver the 2 faced C***.

Guest Guest

Hahaha...haha! Even that's funny, good old Bernard...

Hey Papalaz

I saw that programme too. Very surprising stuff. Can't remember what it was now.

Guest Guest

Stayin alive i think the programme was called "taxi nights"

Guest reddiablo

course the city lovin ABU

DID NOT TIP

HES ONE OF CHEETHAM HILLS FINEST.

abu cocksucers

a anybody

b but

u united

ALA DENIS LAW and KIDDO

sick f***kers u lot

looking for articles re prostrate on denis and kiddo and found

you morloks no for long

AL SWEARGEN knows you c**ts in deadwood arf arf

pig feed the lot of you

RIP rest in pigs

adieu

Which in English is.....?

incoherent??

I have noticed a trend that the most unintelligible rantings seem to occur after pub chucking-out time, but the postings from ABU (or whoever) seem to be quite earlyin the evening. Given that they may be posted from another EU state the time difference can only be a couple of hours at best, so it must have been one hell of bender yesterday!

DWB :unsure:

DWB - Given that this poor deluded being is a Man U fan, surely he must be somewhere in China as all of the UK ones have morphed in Arsenal fans....... :unsure:

By far the most impressive example of a congenitally defective poster on this site. I think "abu" is Aussie slang for Aboriginee (although that might be "abo") so perhaps the time difference could be explained that way?

I think "abu" is Aussie slang for Aboriginee (although that might be "abo")

Definitely "abo" not "abu."

Although I'm sure reddiablo does make a good point. I'm damned if I know what the hell it is though.

Maybe I need to suce [sic] down some of the ale he's been suppin' and it'll be crystal. arf arf

I watched a celebrity Weakest Link tonight. Bernard Manning looked terrible. His big rascist ass had to be helped from the stage. Surely he can't get beyond his mid-seventies.

The Weakest link for 2005?

Guest Shuffler

No wonder he was on "Weakest Link". Anne Robinson must have been looking for pointers from him on which minority group to offend next, now that she's done the Welsh and the Scousers!

P.S. Yes I know she is a Scouser herself...

Guest Guest

Up there on Google with this one... in the forst page for a 'Bernard Manning' search. If he's vain enough to search I'm sure we can expect a chunk of elegant prose from him.

Guest Bernard lover

Leave BM alone - he's an old man from another era - He makes me and my family laugh and he's not racist at all - it's all an act - Little Britain has shown that we can laugh at ourselves again and as long as things don't get nasty, it's the best medicine. Where my parents come from in India, laughter is perscribed by doctors !! 99% of racist jokes are purely just extreme observations which are based on our different culctures. Laugh first, die second ! God bless you Bernie !

Guest One Man Jury
Leave BM alone - he's an old man from another era - He makes me and my family laugh and he's not racist at all - it's all an act - Little Britain has shown that we can laugh at ourselves again and as long as things don't get nasty, it's the best medicine. Where my parents come from in India, laughter is perscribed by doctors !! 99% of racist jokes are purely just extreme observations which are based on our different culctures. Laugh first, die second ! God bless you Bernie !

All right then, lets's see.

Did you hear about the Indian Clockroom attendant?

His name?

M'Hat, M'Coat.

Guest Guest_maryportfuncity

Bernard Manning

People just don't get the satire and he plays up to the offence he causes because it is good for business.

One gag I loved from a few years back.

Just don't mention Auschwitz to me, I lost a relative there

[PAUSE FOR SILENCE FROM THE AUDIENCE, MANY OF THEM THROWN BY THIS STRANGE TWIST IN THE ACT. DOES HE REALLY HAVE JEWISH BLOOD?]

My uncle, he fell out of the machine gun tower.

Here's a few of his printable words of wisdom....

"you could tell she wasn't a scrubber" - on Madonna

"If you want to drink, have a drink... if you want to drive, then drive... there's nothing worse than having a smash sober..."

"I'm glad I'm not bisexual. I couldn't stand being rejected by men as well as women. "

"I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included. "

"I remember Des O’Connor when he was white."

Guest Swiss

Fantastic !

Sorry I'm a little late picking up on this forum but its great to see that people dont jump on the pc bandwagon just because of race / colour etc. I have been a dedicated Bernard fan for many years, just seen him again actually in Wakefield only last week and his act is still the same after all these years, but why change something that doesnt need fixing. I am white and have both black and asian friends / colleagues that appreciate Bernard and also as the gentleman above mentioned, they have jokes about white people aswell, only they are mature enough to realise that he isn't an out and out racist, he tells jokes and we laugh, are we all racists for laughing?

I think its a shame Bernard didn't ever do politics tbh and maybe we wouldn't be in the state we are in now, he certainly has my vote.

Fantastic !

Sorry I'm a little late picking up on this forum but its great to see that people dont jump on the pc bandwagon just because of race / colour etc. I have been a dedicated Bernard fan for many years, just seen him again actually in Wakefield only last week and his act is still the same after all these years, but why change something that doesnt need fixing. I am white and have both black and asian friends / colleagues that appreciate Bernard and also as the gentleman above mentioned, they have jokes about white people aswell, only they are mature enough to realise that he isn't an out and out racist, he tells jokes and we laugh, are we all racists for laughing?

I think its a shame Bernard didn't ever do politics tbh and maybe we wouldn't be in the state we are in now, he certainly has my vote.

Sorry if this comes as a shock to you but the post before you on that thread was made on the 11th of February :sicktherm:

Fantastic !

All very interesting but how ill was he looking?