maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Daisy Berkowitz back on chemo and cancelling shows. He said back in october that he was doing fine and the cancer was under control so something went clearly down south since then.

https://www.facebook...875887759102572

My apologies to everyone concerned; I have to cancel my performance tonight at The Delancey. I restarted full chemo treatment this week and am way too fatigued to get downtown and put on a good show. Sorry. Next time.

Guest Sir Creep

Daisy Berkowitz back on chemo and cancelling shows. He said back in october that he was doing fine and the cancer was under control so something went clearly down south since then.

https://www.facebook...875887759102572

My apologies to everyone concerned; I have to cancel my performance tonight at The Delancey. I restarted full chemo treatment this week and am way too fatigued to get downtown and put on a good show. Sorry. Next time.

What's gone south is his mathematics. You've got to look up average life expectancies, that's what it's all about. He's two years I to a diagnosis of about the deadliest (pancreatic) cancer there is. I put Daisy slightly reluctantly on my 2015 list two weeks ago... 2016 more likely the end. Simple math, after they chop u up and do chemo you got approx 2-2.5 years w pancreatic, and 27% pic to see 3 years. So I'm simply playing the odds and at 100- his age I'll take those chances. 72%chance he doesn't see 2016. He's young but treated himself like shit I'd imagine. I call it a wash and prefer being on the 72% side vs 28% one.

Sir Creep

Still not 100% convinced he's an obit certainty. He was in the first incarnation of Marilyn Manson, pre-"Antichrist Superstar". Not a major band at that point. Could he just be the shock metal Fergie Frederiksen?

Fortunately Daily Mail and a few other outfits will be far too lazy to wikisearch when he was in the band and will cover him of the belief the once controversial band is decent clickbait material.

Dozy, forever dozing.

Trevor Ward-Davies from Dave Dee, Dozy Mick & Tich has died aged 70

Dozy, forever dozing.

They aren't really holding tight, thats two of the five gone by the age of 70 now.

Dozy, forever dozing.

They aren't really holding tight, thats two of the five gone by the age of 70 now.

Dying in order too; Beaky should be worried.

Dozy, forever dozing.

Trevor Ward-Davies from Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich has died aged 70

Edited to add 'Beaky' to the line-up.

Dozy, forever dozing.

I wonder if those that took the name of Beaky will also die in order.

Dozy, forever dozing.

I wonder if those that took the name of Beaky will also die in order.

If he does, I'm seeing a low budget Channel Five documentary on the "curse" of the band following soon after.

Kim Fowley, Legendary Record Producer, Dead at 75
"After a long battle with bladder cancer, legendary record producer Kim Fowley has died, Ralph Peer of Peer Music confirmed via author and LA scenester Harvey Kubernik. Throughout his career, Fowley stepped in and out of popular music's limelight, making a name for himself in the 1960s with a string of pop singles with a cultish lean and later managing the '70s punk girl group the Runaways"

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/6443507/kim-fowley-legendary-record-producer-dead-at-75

Bugger. I knew Kim Fowley had been ill a number of years ago but he'd kind of slipping from my radar.

Damn damn and damn.

Edgar Froese of Tangerine Dream, aged 70. :(:(:(

Sorry but when I saw him I thought of this......

Edgar Froese

imagesCW1TPH5Z_zpshhztlzy1.jpg

Morlock

screen-shot-2015-01-23-at-2-44-42-pm_zps

• Like 1

I absolutely loved Tangerine Dream, Edgar Froese really hurts. RIP you brilliant sonovabitch.

Sir Creep

• Like 1

Edgar Froese of Tangerine Dream, aged 70. :(:(:(

Sorry but when I saw him I thought of this......

Edgar Froese

imagesCW1TPH5Z_zpshhztlzy1.jpg

Morlock

screen-shot-2015-01-23-at-2-44-42-pm_zps

Aye, in line with the post above, a real loss to the world.

Guest Dan

Rubycon by Tangerine Dream is a great album to unwind to after an MDMA binge. Just saying'.

I like the Legend soundtrack.

The best compilation/best of album (whatever) I own, bar none, is The Virgin Years 1974-1978 by TD. If you don't own it, now would be a good time. Basically the entire Pheadra/Rubicon/Ricochet/Stratosfear/Cyclone albums combined and complete. What they did afterward post-Baumann was somewhat forgettable, but by God this 6-year stretch or so was an aural delight. I was blessed to see them live but not till 1985 or so. Not like they came to Detroit all the time...

Anyone who doesn't list Froese in their top 5 'Deaths of 2015' will find themselves on my 2016 DP for having a fucking tin ear.

Sir C.