Jump to content


* * - - - 1 votes

Fat And Fearless How Long Must we Weight for Them to Die?


232 replies to this topic

#41 Handrejka

    Manx Minx

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:52 AM

Former Roly Poly Mo Moreland is still with us. Can't find an age but she must be getting on a bit. She's 4ft11 and a size 28-30. Can't be healthy
Alternative 50 in no particular order (13/50)
1.Nelson Mandela 2.Margaret Thatcher 3. Jeremy Thorpe 4. Bill Pertwee 5. John Freeman 6.Guenther Grass 7. Oswald Morris 8. Glynis Johns 9. Zizi Jeanmaire 10. April Ashley
11. Allan Arbus 12. Siegfried Lenz 13. Helmut Kohl 14.Walter Scheel 15.Hywel Bennet 16.Clive James 17. Tamara Press 18.Dave Swarbrick 19. Gretel Bergmann 20. Paul Danquah
21. Fenella Fielding 22. Peter Sallis 23. Dannie Abse 24.Ronnie Biggs 25. Jovanka Broz 26. Bernie Nolan 27. Ron Moody 28. Vivian Pickles 29. Dave Davies 30. Nexhmije Hoxha
31. Doris Lessing 32. Henry Morgenthaler 33. Al Molinaro 34.Gil Taylor 35. Denis Healey 36. Gabriel Garcia Marquez 37. George Blake 38. Brian Cant 39. Fidel Castro 40. Kirk Douglas
41. Aretha Franklin 42. Annette Funicello 43.Bob Godfrey 44. Rev Billy Graham 45.Wojiech Jaruzelski 46.Irving Kanarek 47.Hiroo Onoda 48. Reg Pressley 49. Ariel Sharon 50. Duncan Norvelle.

2014 Alternative 50 in no order (10/50)
1. Jeremy Thorpe 2. Rev Billy Graham 3. Wojiech Jaruzelski 4. Stephen Hawking 5. Ron Moody 6. Jimmy Hill 7. Dora Bryan 8. John Freeman 9. Clive James 10. Fidel Castro
11. Gene Reynolds 12. Stuart Hall 13. Guenther Grass 14. Kirk Douglas 15. Oswald Morris 16. George Blake 17. Valerie Harper 18. Peter Sallis 19.Sugar Pie deSanto 20. Dannie Abse
21. Brian Cant 22. Siegfried Lenz 23.Tim O'Connor 24. Tamara Press 25. Ariel Sharon 26. Jacques Rivette 27. Fenella Fielding 28.James Alexander Gordon 29. John Noakes
30. Klaus Rainer Rohl 31. Helmut Kohl 32. Nexhmije Hoxha 33 Richard Kiel 34 Walter Scheel 35. Hywel Bennett 36. Lynne Reid Banks 37. Gretel Bergman 38.Irving Kanarek
39. John Stride 40Hiroo Onodo 41. Christopher Wenner 42. Clare Torry 43. William Barrington- Coupe 44. Keith Michell. 45 Johnny Hallyday 45. Yvonne Furneaux 47. Jean Alexander
48. Casey Kasem 49. Michael Schumacher 50. Marcia Barrett

"Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?" "Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed."

#42 MyBrainHurts2

    Shipman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:55 PM

View Posthandrejka, on Apr 9 2006, 11:52 AM, said:

Former Roly Poly Mo Moreland is still with us. Can't find an age but she must be getting on a bit. She's 4ft11 and a size 28-30. Can't be healthy

4'11" in which direction?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#43 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

They're showing the programme on television tonight about the fattest man in the UK: he can pack away 29,000 calories a day.
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#44 MyBrainHurts2

    Shipman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Apr 10 2006, 04:28 PM, said:

They're showing the programme on television tonight about the fattest man in the UK: he can pack away 29,000 calories a day.

sarcastic kudos to a guy who can eat a bucket of lard in one sitting. :lol:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#45 Handrejka

    Manx Minx

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

View PostMyBrainHurts2, on Apr 10 2006, 04:55 PM, said:

View Posthandrejka, on Apr 9 2006, 11:52 AM, said:

Former Roly Poly Mo Moreland is still with us. Can't find an age but she must be getting on a bit. She's 4ft11 and a size 28-30. Can't be healthy

4'11" in which direction?


Both
Alternative 50 in no particular order (13/50)
1.Nelson Mandela 2.Margaret Thatcher 3. Jeremy Thorpe 4. Bill Pertwee 5. John Freeman 6.Guenther Grass 7. Oswald Morris 8. Glynis Johns 9. Zizi Jeanmaire 10. April Ashley
11. Allan Arbus 12. Siegfried Lenz 13. Helmut Kohl 14.Walter Scheel 15.Hywel Bennet 16.Clive James 17. Tamara Press 18.Dave Swarbrick 19. Gretel Bergmann 20. Paul Danquah
21. Fenella Fielding 22. Peter Sallis 23. Dannie Abse 24.Ronnie Biggs 25. Jovanka Broz 26. Bernie Nolan 27. Ron Moody 28. Vivian Pickles 29. Dave Davies 30. Nexhmije Hoxha
31. Doris Lessing 32. Henry Morgenthaler 33. Al Molinaro 34.Gil Taylor 35. Denis Healey 36. Gabriel Garcia Marquez 37. George Blake 38. Brian Cant 39. Fidel Castro 40. Kirk Douglas
41. Aretha Franklin 42. Annette Funicello 43.Bob Godfrey 44. Rev Billy Graham 45.Wojiech Jaruzelski 46.Irving Kanarek 47.Hiroo Onoda 48. Reg Pressley 49. Ariel Sharon 50. Duncan Norvelle.

2014 Alternative 50 in no order (10/50)
1. Jeremy Thorpe 2. Rev Billy Graham 3. Wojiech Jaruzelski 4. Stephen Hawking 5. Ron Moody 6. Jimmy Hill 7. Dora Bryan 8. John Freeman 9. Clive James 10. Fidel Castro
11. Gene Reynolds 12. Stuart Hall 13. Guenther Grass 14. Kirk Douglas 15. Oswald Morris 16. George Blake 17. Valerie Harper 18. Peter Sallis 19.Sugar Pie deSanto 20. Dannie Abse
21. Brian Cant 22. Siegfried Lenz 23.Tim O'Connor 24. Tamara Press 25. Ariel Sharon 26. Jacques Rivette 27. Fenella Fielding 28.James Alexander Gordon 29. John Noakes
30. Klaus Rainer Rohl 31. Helmut Kohl 32. Nexhmije Hoxha 33 Richard Kiel 34 Walter Scheel 35. Hywel Bennett 36. Lynne Reid Banks 37. Gretel Bergman 38.Irving Kanarek
39. John Stride 40Hiroo Onodo 41. Christopher Wenner 42. Clare Torry 43. William Barrington- Coupe 44. Keith Michell. 45 Johnny Hallyday 45. Yvonne Furneaux 47. Jean Alexander
48. Casey Kasem 49. Michael Schumacher 50. Marcia Barrett

"Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?" "Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed."

#46 Cerberus

    Executioner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:19 AM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Apr 10 2006, 05:28 PM, said:

They're showing the programme on television tonight about the fattest man in the UK: he can pack away 29,000 calories a day.



That'll be this chap then. Nine curries and 40 pints? I never understand how they can afford that sort of lifestyle, apart from anything else. You couldn't do it on disability benefit, surely?
"Once you're dead, you're made for life."

attributed to Jimi Hendrix

#47 in eternum+

    Post-Twunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:30 AM

View PostCerberus, on Apr 10 2006, 06:19 PM, said:

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Apr 10 2006, 05:28 PM, said:

They're showing the programme on television tonight about the fattest man in the UK: he can pack away 29,000 calories a day.
That'll be this chap then. Nine curries and 40 pints? I never understand how they can afford that sort of lifestyle, apart from anything else. You couldn't do it on disability benefit, surely?

the article said:

Britain's fattest man decides to lose weight to show others the many dangers of obesity
Wouldn't dying be a better way to demonstrate this?
Proud to be Old Skool

#48 Banshees Scream

    Dwarf tosser

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:42 AM

View Postin eternum+, on Apr 11 2006, 12:30 AM, said:

View PostCerberus, on Apr 10 2006, 06:19 PM, said:

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Apr 10 2006, 05:28 PM, said:

They're showing the programme on television tonight about the fattest man in the UK: he can pack away 29,000 calories a day.
That'll be this chap then. Nine curries and 40 pints? I never understand how they can afford that sort of lifestyle, apart from anything else. You couldn't do it on disability benefit, surely?

the article said:

Britain's fattest man decides to lose weight to show others the many dangers of obesity
Wouldn't dying be a better way to demonstrate this?

If he was on the list... :lol:

But for modern day life it is good to show others that you can overcome.

#49 Lady Die

    I have no life

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:52 AM

View PostCerberus, on Apr 11 2006, 01:19 AM, said:

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Apr 10 2006, 05:28 PM, said:

They're showing the programme on television tonight about the fattest man in the UK: he can pack away 29,000 calories a day.



That'll be this chap then. Nine curries and 40 pints? I never understand how they can afford that sort of lifestyle, apart from anything else. You couldn't do it on disability benefit, surely?

Maybe he gets all his food & booze on prescription?
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#50 MyBrainHurts2

    Shipman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:23 AM

Great Britain's largest person is 700lbs? You have it good. A couple times a year, we'll have a story here in the states about some 1,000lb person who needs to needs to get to a hospital, but can't get through the door, so emergency services has to knock down a wall of their house and hoist them out using a crane. Welcome to the United States of McDonald's.

I think the dangers of obesity would be best displayed by airing this person's autopsy on television. I want to see that 8lb, black, fatty liver.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#51 in eternum+

    Post-Twunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

View PostMyBrainHurts2, on Apr 11 2006, 05:23 AM, said:

I think the dangers of obesity would be best displayed by airing this person's autopsy on television. I want to see that 8lb, black, fatty liver.
There is a (relatively) new section in von Hagens' Bodyworlds exhibit showing body slices of super-obese bodies vs. non-super-obese bodies. If I remember correctly, they're lateral (?... head-to-toe is what I mean) slices so that you can see the effects of the fat on the internal organs. No doubt seperately plastinated organs will follow along shortly.
Proud to be Old Skool

#52 Life Begins at 5 o'clock

    Shipman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:56 PM

Speaking of fat people, Louie Anderson must be getting reday to pop his clogs. He's chunky and unhappy and his career has completely stalled. Reminds of a less likebale john candy shortly after finishing producation on canadian bacon.

#53 Canadian Paul

    uber twunt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:55 AM

View PostLife Begins at 5 o'clock, on Apr 19 2006, 04:56 PM, said:

Speaking of fat people, Louie Anderson must be getting reday to pop his clogs. He's chunky and unhappy and his career has completely stalled. Reminds of a less likebale john candy shortly after finishing producation on canadian bacon.

Except that John Candy was losing weight, wasn't unhappy and his career hadn't stalled... but yes, otherwise exactly like John Candy.
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#54 Guest_Guest_*

  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:15 PM

Denny Welch died back in 1998 I believe.
:)

#55 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:19 PM

Indeed he did, I hear the crematorium are down to the bottom half of his one remaining leg and his relatives are working double shifts to pay off the gas bill for the man's funeral.
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#56 Guest_Guest_*

  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:03 PM

Some of you may have wondered such things as "How can a person on food stamps afford that much food?" or, "Who are the 'enablers' bringing them food?"

While I can't speak for all fat people, in my sister's case, there were dozens, if not hundreds of enablers. Carol Yager (Fat Carol, to everyone who knew her), was very popular in our small-ish community (~25,000 people). She had more friends than anyone else I've ever met, and her life was one big non-stop party. Each day would see many visitors, who would usually come equipped with a bottle of wine, a couple of joints, a bucket of chicken, a pizza, or whatever, to share. Up until her last, she always managed to have one or more boyfriends. Whatever she may have lacked in physical appearance, she more than made up for in personality. To know her was to love her. She was very intelligent and witty, and could make anyone laugh at any time. People just wanted to be around her, and now that she's gone, she is truly missed. You can mock her all you want, but Carol packed more life into her 33 years than most of you will see in 80.

--Terry Yager

#57 DevonDeathTrip

    Tractor Eater

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:47 PM

Carol Yager 1960-1994.
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#58 Windsor

    LFN Hunter

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

View PostGuest, on Jul 17 2006, 09:03 PM, said:

People just wanted to be around her, and now that she's gone, she is truly missed. You can mock her all you want, but Carol packed more life into her 33 years than most of you will see in 80.

To tell you the truth I'd never heard of this woman until now.
She may have laughed in public, but I'm quite sure she was deeply depressed inside. Thus she got very fat.

The thing that disturbs me most is your denial. You claim that everyone loved her, shared food with her etc. Well congratulations, you should hold yourself responsible for her death. Being a extremely big boned person I will asume that, as many overweight people do, she craved acceptance. Here comes another sad fact, her friends were only there for the whole 'fat Carol' hypeand fame. She probably felt that if she lost the weight she would lose her friends to become just your average fat blokette. People clung to Carol for what little fame she had and in the end, it was that fame that killed her.

You call yourself friends and family? You may as well have stabbed her in the heart!

(End of rant)


Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 7/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#59 Handrejka

    Manx Minx

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

View PostWindsor, on Jul 17 2006, 10:28 PM, said:

View PostGuest, on Jul 17 2006, 09:03 PM, said:

People just wanted to be around her, and now that she's gone, she is truly missed. You can mock her all you want, but Carol packed more life into her 33 years than most of you will see in 80.

To tell you the truth I'd never heard of this woman until now.
She may have laughed in public, but I'm quite sure she was deeply depressed inside. Thus she got very fat.

The thing that disturbs me most is your denial. You claim that everyone loved her, shared food with her etc. Well congratulations, you should hold yourself responsible for her death. Being a extremely big boned person I will asume that, as many overweight people do, she craved acceptance. Here comes another sad fact, her friends were only there for the whole 'fat Carol' hypeand fame. She probably felt that if she lost the weight she would lose her friends to become just your average fat blokette. People clung to Carol for what little fame she had and in the end, it was that fame that killed her.

You call yourself friends and family? You may as well have stabbed her in the heart!

(End of rant)


Agreed Windsor. I also note Terry's name was absent from those who looked after her while she was at her most ill. So much for being a loving brother. It's all very well claiming how heart broken you were at her death but what did you do for her when she was alive? Were you one of those embarrassed by her?
Alternative 50 in no particular order (13/50)
1.Nelson Mandela 2.Margaret Thatcher 3. Jeremy Thorpe 4. Bill Pertwee 5. John Freeman 6.Guenther Grass 7. Oswald Morris 8. Glynis Johns 9. Zizi Jeanmaire 10. April Ashley
11. Allan Arbus 12. Siegfried Lenz 13. Helmut Kohl 14.Walter Scheel 15.Hywel Bennet 16.Clive James 17. Tamara Press 18.Dave Swarbrick 19. Gretel Bergmann 20. Paul Danquah
21. Fenella Fielding 22. Peter Sallis 23. Dannie Abse 24.Ronnie Biggs 25. Jovanka Broz 26. Bernie Nolan 27. Ron Moody 28. Vivian Pickles 29. Dave Davies 30. Nexhmije Hoxha
31. Doris Lessing 32. Henry Morgenthaler 33. Al Molinaro 34.Gil Taylor 35. Denis Healey 36. Gabriel Garcia Marquez 37. George Blake 38. Brian Cant 39. Fidel Castro 40. Kirk Douglas
41. Aretha Franklin 42. Annette Funicello 43.Bob Godfrey 44. Rev Billy Graham 45.Wojiech Jaruzelski 46.Irving Kanarek 47.Hiroo Onoda 48. Reg Pressley 49. Ariel Sharon 50. Duncan Norvelle.

2014 Alternative 50 in no order (10/50)
1. Jeremy Thorpe 2. Rev Billy Graham 3. Wojiech Jaruzelski 4. Stephen Hawking 5. Ron Moody 6. Jimmy Hill 7. Dora Bryan 8. John Freeman 9. Clive James 10. Fidel Castro
11. Gene Reynolds 12. Stuart Hall 13. Guenther Grass 14. Kirk Douglas 15. Oswald Morris 16. George Blake 17. Valerie Harper 18. Peter Sallis 19.Sugar Pie deSanto 20. Dannie Abse
21. Brian Cant 22. Siegfried Lenz 23.Tim O'Connor 24. Tamara Press 25. Ariel Sharon 26. Jacques Rivette 27. Fenella Fielding 28.James Alexander Gordon 29. John Noakes
30. Klaus Rainer Rohl 31. Helmut Kohl 32. Nexhmije Hoxha 33 Richard Kiel 34 Walter Scheel 35. Hywel Bennett 36. Lynne Reid Banks 37. Gretel Bergman 38.Irving Kanarek
39. John Stride 40Hiroo Onodo 41. Christopher Wenner 42. Clare Torry 43. William Barrington- Coupe 44. Keith Michell. 45 Johnny Hallyday 45. Yvonne Furneaux 47. Jean Alexander
48. Casey Kasem 49. Michael Schumacher 50. Marcia Barrett

"Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?" "Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed."

#60 Guest_Guest_*

  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:42 AM

View PostHandrejka, on Jul 17 2006, 09:34 PM, said:

View PostWindsor, on Jul 17 2006, 10:28 PM, said:

View PostGuest, on Jul 17 2006, 09:03 PM, said:

People just wanted to be around her, and now that she's gone, she is truly missed. You can mock her all you want, but Carol packed more life into her 33 years than most of you will see in 80.

To tell you the truth I'd never heard of this woman until now.
She may have laughed in public, but I'm quite sure she was deeply depressed inside. Thus she got very fat.

The thing that disturbs me most is your denial. You claim that everyone loved her, shared food with her etc. Well congratulations, you should hold yourself responsible for her death. Being a extremely big boned person I will asume that, as many overweight people do, she craved acceptance. Here comes another sad fact, her friends were only there for the whole 'fat Carol' hypeand fame. She probably felt that if she lost the weight she would lose her friends to become just your average fat blokette. People clung to Carol for what little fame she had and in the end, it was that fame that killed her.

You call yourself friends and family? You may as well have stabbed her in the heart!

(End of rant)


Agreed Windsor. I also note Terry's name was absent from those who looked after her while she was at her most ill. So much for being a loving brother. It's all very well claiming how heart broken you were at her death but what did you do for her when she was alive? Were you one of those embarrassed by her?

Don't believe everything you read on daWeb. Reporters, etc put whatever spin they want to on thier articles. Carol spent her last days surrounded by those who loved her the most, and as for trying to keep her away from what she loved, might as well try and stop a train wreck. In the end, Carol was a full-grown adult, and no one could stop her from doing what she wanted to do. It was only the last couple of years when she went rapidly downhill, and, at the same time, began to be exploited by people with thier own agendas. Meanwhile, Carol loved all the attention. and did whatever she could to further that end. She was never ashamed of herself, so how can I be ashamed of her? I just thought you all should know that she was loved in spite of her 'flaws'.

--T




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users