Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Fat And FearlessHow Long Must we Weight for Them to Die?

297 replies to this topic

#41 Handrejka

Handrejka

Manx Minx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:52 AM

Former Roly Poly Mo Moreland is still with us. Can't find an age but she must be getting on a bit. She's 4ft11 and a size 28-30. Can't be healthy

2013 Alternative 50 final total 13/50 against DL 13/50 - See about me page for more details.
2014 final total 12/50 against DL 10
2015 Alternative 50 (4/50)
1. Rev Billy Graham.2. Zsa Zsa Gabor 3. Prince Philipp Duke of Edinburgh 4. Sam Simon 5. Kirk Douglas 6. Fidel Castro 7. Stepehn Hawking 8. Pele 9.Lupita Tovar
10.Ron Moody 11. Jean Alexander 12. George Blake 13. Peter Sallis 14. Valerie Harper 15.Mohamed Ali 16. Brain Cant 17. Gretel Bergman 18. Pat Priest
19. Stuart Hall 20. Jaques Rivette 21. Anthony Booth 22. Nigel Lawson 23. Buzz Aldrin 24. Kenneth Anger 25. Al Molinaro 26. Clive James 27. Tamara Press 28. Izzy Young
29. Zara Nutley 30. Caroline Aherne 31. Cyril Frankel 32. Olivia de Haviland 33. Hywel Bennet 34. SugarPie De Santo 35. William Barrington-Coupe 36. Christiana F. 37. Peter Sutcliffe
38. Dave Swarbick 39. Rene Angelil 40. Vincent Bugliosi 41. Helmut Scmidt 42. Gro Harlem Brundtland 43. Christopher Wenner 44. Clare Torry 45. irving Kanarek 46. Russ Tamblyn
47. Movita Castenada. 48. Klaus Rainer Rohl 49. Desmond Tutu 50. Akinwale Arobieke

"Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?" "Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed."

#42 MyBrainHurts2

MyBrainHurts2

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:55 PM

Former Roly Poly Mo Moreland is still with us. Can't find an age but she must be getting on a bit. She's 4ft11 and a size 28-30. Can't be healthy

4'11" in which direction?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#43 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,436 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

They're showing the programme on television tonight about the fattest man in the UK: he can pack away 29,000 calories a day.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#44 MyBrainHurts2

MyBrainHurts2

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

They're showing the programme on television tonight about the fattest man in the UK: he can pack away 29,000 calories a day.

sarcastic kudos to a guy who can eat a bucket of lard in one sitting. :lol:

#45 Handrejka

Handrejka

Manx Minx

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

4'11" in which direction?

Both

2013 Alternative 50 final total 13/50 against DL 13/50 - See about me page for more details.
1. Rev Billy Graham.2. Zsa Zsa Gabor 3. Prince Philipp Duke of Edinburgh 4. Sam Simon 5. Kirk Douglas 6. Fidel Castro 7. Stepehn Hawking 8. Pele 9.Lupita Tovar
10.Ron Moody 11. Jean Alexander 12. George Blake 13. Peter Sallis 14. Valerie Harper 15.Mohamed Ali 16. Brain Cant 17. Gretel Bergman 18. Pat Priest
19. Stuart Hall 20. Jaques Rivette 21. Anthony Booth 22. Nigel Lawson 23. Buzz Aldrin 24. Kenneth Anger 25. Al Molinaro 26. Clive James 27. Tamara Press 28. Izzy Young
29. Zara Nutley 30. Caroline Aherne 31. Cyril Frankel 32. Olivia de Haviland 33. Hywel Bennet 34. SugarPie De Santo 35. William Barrington-Coupe 36. Christiana F. 37. Peter Sutcliffe
38. Dave Swarbick 39. Rene Angelil 40. Vincent Bugliosi 41. Helmut Scmidt 42. Gro Harlem Brundtland 43. Christopher Wenner 44. Clare Torry 45. irving Kanarek 46. Russ Tamblyn
47. Movita Castenada. 48. Klaus Rainer Rohl 49. Desmond Tutu 50. Akinwale Arobieke

"Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?" "Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed."

#46 Cerberus

Cerberus

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:19 AM

That'll be this chap then. Nine curries and 40 pints? I never understand how they can afford that sort of lifestyle, apart from anything else. You couldn't do it on disability benefit, surely?
"Once you're dead, you're made for life."

attributed to Jimi Hendrix

#47 in eternum+

in eternum+

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:30 AM

That'll be this chap then. Nine curries and 40 pints? I never understand how they can afford that sort of lifestyle, apart from anything else. You couldn't do it on disability benefit, surely?

Britain's fattest man decides to lose weight to show others the many dangers of obesity

Wouldn't dying be a better way to demonstrate this?
Proud to be Old Skool

#48 Banshees Scream

Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:42 AM

Britain's fattest man decides to lose weight to show others the many dangers of obesity

Wouldn't dying be a better way to demonstrate this?

If he was on the list... :lol:

But for modern day life it is good to show others that you can overcome.

#49 Lady Die

Lady Die

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:52 AM

Maybe he gets all his food & booze on prescription?
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#50 MyBrainHurts2

MyBrainHurts2

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:23 AM

Great Britain's largest person is 700lbs? You have it good. A couple times a year, we'll have a story here in the states about some 1,000lb person who needs to needs to get to a hospital, but can't get through the door, so emergency services has to knock down a wall of their house and hoist them out using a crane. Welcome to the United States of McDonald's.

I think the dangers of obesity would be best displayed by airing this person's autopsy on television. I want to see that 8lb, black, fatty liver.

#51 in eternum+

in eternum+

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

I think the dangers of obesity would be best displayed by airing this person's autopsy on television. I want to see that 8lb, black, fatty liver.

There is a (relatively) new section in von Hagens' Bodyworlds exhibit showing body slices of super-obese bodies vs. non-super-obese bodies. If I remember correctly, they're lateral (?... head-to-toe is what I mean) slices so that you can see the effects of the fat on the internal organs. No doubt seperately plastinated organs will follow along shortly.
Proud to be Old Skool

#52 Life Begins at 5 o'clock

Life Begins at 5 o'clock

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:56 PM

Speaking of fat people, Louie Anderson must be getting reday to pop his clogs. He's chunky and unhappy and his career has completely stalled. Reminds of a less likebale john candy shortly after finishing producation on canadian bacon.

#53 Canadian Paul

Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:55 AM

Speaking of fat people, Louie Anderson must be getting reday to pop his clogs. He's chunky and unhappy and his career has completely stalled. Reminds of a less likebale john candy shortly after finishing producation on canadian bacon.

Except that John Candy was losing weight, wasn't unhappy and his career hadn't stalled... but yes, otherwise exactly like John Candy.
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#54 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:15 PM

Denny Welch died back in 1998 I believe.
:)

#55 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,436 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:19 PM

Indeed he did, I hear the crematorium are down to the bottom half of his one remaining leg and his relatives are working double shifts to pay off the gas bill for the man's funeral.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#56 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:03 PM

Some of you may have wondered such things as "How can a person on food stamps afford that much food?" or, "Who are the 'enablers' bringing them food?"

While I can't speak for all fat people, in my sister's case, there were dozens, if not hundreds of enablers. Carol Yager (Fat Carol, to everyone who knew her), was very popular in our small-ish community (~25,000 people). She had more friends than anyone else I've ever met, and her life was one big non-stop party. Each day would see many visitors, who would usually come equipped with a bottle of wine, a couple of joints, a bucket of chicken, a pizza, or whatever, to share. Up until her last, she always managed to have one or more boyfriends. Whatever she may have lacked in physical appearance, she more than made up for in personality. To know her was to love her. She was very intelligent and witty, and could make anyone laugh at any time. People just wanted to be around her, and now that she's gone, she is truly missed. You can mock her all you want, but Carol packed more life into her 33 years than most of you will see in 80.

--Terry Yager

#57 DevonDeathTrip

DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:47 PM

Carol Yager 1960-1994.

Things fall apart. It's scientific

#58 Windsor

Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,414 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

People just wanted to be around her, and now that she's gone, she is truly missed. You can mock her all you want, but Carol packed more life into her 33 years than most of you will see in 80.

To tell you the truth I'd never heard of this woman until now.
She may have laughed in public, but I'm quite sure she was deeply depressed inside. Thus she got very fat.

The thing that disturbs me most is your denial. You claim that everyone loved her, shared food with her etc. Well congratulations, you should hold yourself responsible for her death. Being a extremely big boned person I will asume that, as many overweight people do, she craved acceptance. Here comes another sad fact, her friends were only there for the whole 'fat Carol' hypeand fame. She probably felt that if she lost the weight she would lose her friends to become just your average fat blokette. People clung to Carol for what little fame she had and in the end, it was that fame that killed her.

You call yourself friends and family? You may as well have stabbed her in the heart!

(End of rant)

Shadow List 2015.

Sam Simon, Robert Mugabe, Bhumibol Abdulyadej, Rob Ford, Bob Dole, Muhammed Ali, Qaboos bin Sa'id, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Ian Brady, Peter Sutcliffe, Clive James, Caroline Aherne, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, George H. W. Bush, Nancy Reagan, Greville Janner, Rev Billy Graham, Henry Sandon, Sheila Sim, Desmond Tutu, Jean Alexander, Leon Brittan, Prince Philip, Sir Roger Bannister, Sir Albert McQuarrie, Mary Wilson, Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Francis, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Sir Christopher Lee, Stephen Hawking, Harlan Ellison, Jim Bowen, Fidel Castro, Grand Duke Jean, Kirk Douglas, Denis Healey, Valerie Harper, Ken Dodd, Sir Nicholas Winton, Jalal Talabani, Vera Lynn, Murray Walker, Lord Snowdon, Flora Fraser, Tariq Aziz, Bill Cosby, Liz Smith, Liz Dawn, Daisy Berkowitz.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 10/50, 2015: 5/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#59 Handrejka

Handrejka

Manx Minx

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

People just wanted to be around her, and now that she's gone, she is truly missed. You can mock her all you want, but Carol packed more life into her 33 years than most of you will see in 80.

She may have laughed in public, but I'm quite sure she was deeply depressed inside. Thus she got very fat.

The thing that disturbs me most is your denial. You claim that everyone loved her, shared food with her etc. Well congratulations, you should hold yourself responsible for her death. Being a extremely big boned person I will asume that, as many overweight people do, she craved acceptance. Here comes another sad fact, her friends were only there for the whole 'fat Carol' hypeand fame. She probably felt that if she lost the weight she would lose her friends to become just your average fat blokette. People clung to Carol for what little fame she had and in the end, it was that fame that killed her.

You call yourself friends and family? You may as well have stabbed her in the heart!

(End of rant)

Agreed Windsor. I also note Terry's name was absent from those who looked after her while she was at her most ill. So much for being a loving brother. It's all very well claiming how heart broken you were at her death but what did you do for her when she was alive? Were you one of those embarrassed by her?

#60 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:42 AM

(End of rant)

Agreed Windsor. I also note Terry's name was absent from those who looked after her while she was at her most ill. So much for being a loving brother. It's all very well claiming how heart broken you were at her death but what did you do for her when she was alive? Were you one of those embarrassed by her?

Don't believe everything you read on daWeb. Reporters, etc put whatever spin they want to on thier articles. Carol spent her last days surrounded by those who loved her the most, and as for trying to keep her away from what she loved, might as well try and stop a train wreck. In the end, Carol was a full-grown adult, and no one could stop her from doing what she wanted to do. It was only the last couple of years when she went rapidly downhill, and, at the same time, began to be exploited by people with thier own agendas. Meanwhile, Carol loved all the attention. and did whatever she could to further that end. She was never ashamed of herself, so how can I be ashamed of her? I just thought you all should know that she was loved in spite of her 'flaws'.

--T

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users