Mollie Sugden et al forgotten sitcoms memorial thread

292 replies to this topic

#161 deathstar

Captain Hindsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

The creator of the UK's most popular Sit Com Only Fools and Horses and Dear John has died aged 64.

#162 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

Oh shit John Sullivan's dead.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#163 notaguest

Shipman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

View PostSpade_Cooley, on Apr 23 2011, 01:04 PM, said:

well that kills off any chance of a remake of Only Fools and Horses then. R.I.P Del Boy and Rodney :(

Also R.I.P to Green Green grass but the BBC allready killed that off anyway,the tossers. We will all laugh and smile less from now on :)
I was thrown off this forum for posting too many interesting and entertaining posts,thus embarrassing less imaginative posters than myself.If you feel this is not fair or democratic and indeed infringes my basic human rights under the United Nations laws please let the moderators and admin know.Thanks.

#164 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

View Postdeathstar, on Apr 23 2011, 12:43 PM, said:

The creator of the UK's most popular Sit Com Only Fools and Horses and Dear John has died aged 64.

Not forgetting Citizen Smith. I grew up in Tooting at the time the series was being made and shown on TV.
Even played 5-a-side football against the TPF when they came to open our school fete

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2014 4/20
Jim Bamber , Ryan Buell, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Liz Dawn, Ruth Duccini, Janet Fielding, Zsa Zsa Gabor , Billy Graham,"Superstar" Billy Graham, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Bobby Heenan, Wojciech Jarulzelski, Wilko Johnson, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Les Munro, Sonny Rollins, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam

DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th

#165 sympathyforthedevil

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

A true legend of British comedy. RIP.

#166 Lard Bazaar

Bang! And the dirt is gone!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

View Postnotaguest, on Apr 23 2011, 03:03 PM, said:

well that kills off any chance of a remake of Only Fools and Horses then. R.I.P Del Boy and Rodney :(

Also R.I.P to Green Green grass but the BBC allready killed that off anyway,the tossers. We will all laugh and smile less from now on :)

Green Green Grass was a pile of shit and Only Fools and Horses became rather dull after the 49 billionth repeat on Dave.

#167 notaguest

Shipman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostLard Bazaar, on Apr 24 2011, 10:08 PM, said:

View Postnotaguest, on Apr 23 2011, 03:03 PM, said:

well that kills off any chance of a remake of Only Fools and Horses then. R.I.P Del Boy and Rodney :)

Green Green Grass was a pile of shit and Only Fools and Horses became rather dull after the 49 billionth repeat on Dave.
Oh well,each to their own .. :(
I was thrown off this forum for posting too many interesting and entertaining posts,thus embarrassing less imaginative posters than myself.If you feel this is not fair or democratic and indeed infringes my basic human rights under the United Nations laws please let the moderators and admin know.Thanks.

#168 Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:50 AM

OFAH should have ended with the finally-becoming-millionaires episode, it was just tiresome after that.

I did quite enjoy the prequel though - unlike some, I wasn't expecting it to be more of the same. Didn't like Rodney playing his own father - decent performance from Nick Lyndhurst, but too distracting.
DDP teams:
If I'm Spared Myself, Of Course
Toast of the Turf
Nearer My God To Thee

#169 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

David Kelly, him what played the comedy stereotype Irish labourer in that one episode of Fawlty Towers, has gone to meet the Good Lord aged 82.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

#170 Vinegar Tits

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Bollocks bollocks bollocks. He was going to be on my list and then I saw him on TV and he looked quite well :banghead:

When I was a kid I never got the joke about him being a one-armed washer-upper in 'Robin's Nest' (oooh, a chance to mention Richard O'Sullivan!). I think I finally twigged about, umm, three years ago...

***Posted Image WINNER OF THE DEATHLIST.NET JADE GOODY SWEEPSTAKE Posted Image***

...and also the Popbitch 2009/2010/2013 deadpool...

Main DDP team:Madonna's Hand Of Bod (2013: =56th 8/20) - Sheila Mercier | Helen Fawkes | Gazza | Zsa Zsa Gabor | Jimmy Hill | Olivia De Havilland | Ian Watkins | Richard Attenborough | Liz Dawn | Richard Adams | Billy Graham | Albert Reynolds | Michael Schumacher | Christopher Lee | Rolf Harris | Wilko Johnson | Valerie Harper | Michael York | Misao Okawa | Ethel Lang
Personal DDP team:Are You Still Dying Darling (2011: =81th 7/20) - Ken Bates | Zsa Zsa Gabor | Ian Watkins | James Alexander Gordon | Dora Bryan | Manoel De Oliveira | Valerie Harper | Wilko Johnson | Liz Smith | Asa Briggs | Peter O'Sullevan | Jill Gascoigne | George Bush Snr | Mary Tyler Moore | Michael York | Doug Ellis | Pope Benedict | Penny Marshall | Misao Okawa | Sid Caesar

#171 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostVinegar Tits, on 12 February 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

Bollocks bollocks bollocks. He was going to be on my list and then I saw him on TV and he looked quite well :banghead:

When I was a kid I never got the joke about him being a one-armed washer-upper in 'Robin's Nest' (oooh, a chance to mention Richard O'Sullivan!). I think I finally twigged about, umm, three years ago...

One of his best parts I thought.
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#172 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostSpade_Cooley, on 12 February 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

David Kelly, him what played the comedy stereotype Irish labourer in that one episode of Fawlty Towers, has gone to meet the Good Lord aged 82.

looks like you beat me to it. I posted this also in the "dead of 2012" thread

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

DDP 2014 4/20
Jim Bamber , Ryan Buell, Katherine Crowe Posted Image, Liz Dawn, Ruth Duccini, Janet Fielding, Zsa Zsa Gabor , Billy Graham,"Superstar" Billy Graham, Rolf Harris, Joao Havelange, Bobby Heenan, Wojciech Jarulzelski, Wilko Johnson, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Les Munro, Sonny Rollins, Sam Simon, Gough Whitlam

#173 Toast

Sanctuary Seller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Waking Ned is one of my favourite ever comedy films. Never fails to cheer me up.
DDP teams:
If I'm Spared Myself, Of Course
Toast of the Turf
Nearer My God To Thee

#174 Lard Bazaar

• Members
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Thick question - did he really have only one arm?

#175 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostLard Bazaar, on 12 February 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

No! He really had two. (good acting, eh?)
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#176 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostPaul Bearer, on 12 February 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

I remember watching him in Robin's Nest when I was a kid. I really thought he had one arm. Didn't occur to me until a few years later that he was the same actor in Fawlty Towers

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

DDP 2014 4/20

#177 Lard Bazaar

• Members
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostPhantom, on 12 February 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

View PostPaul Bearer, on 12 February 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

I remember watching him in Robin's Nest when I was a kid. I really thought he had one arm. Didn't occur to me until a few years later that he was the same actor in Fawlty Towers

Oh God, I'm so thick! I will now sheepishly crawl back into the corner with my dunce's cap on! In my defence, I am a mere spring chicken and Robin's Nest was on waaaaaay before I was even born*

*That is a lie.

#178 Ra Ra Rasputin

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

I don't get it. What was the joke? :scratchhead:

#179 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostRa Ra Rasputin, on 26 March 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I think the joke was the character that washed dishes and only had one arm.
Bit like having someone with a wooden leg who tap dances.

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----

DDP 2014 4/20

#180 time

Lord

• Members
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostPhantom, on 26 March 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

View PostRa Ra Rasputin, on 26 March 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I think the joke was the character that washed dishes and only had one arm.
Bit like having someone with a wooden leg who tap dances.

Or a one-legged Tarzan.

2014 DDP Team (Time's-up team Player of The Month, June 2014): John Bardon; Dora Bryan; Emile Ford; Valery Giscard d’Estaing; John Glenn; Eldon Griffiths; Bernard Haitink; Gerald Harper; Buck Henry (Joker); Patricia Knatchbull; Francis Matthews; Sheila Mercier; Les Munro; Pete Murray; I. M. Pei; Dudley Simpson; Nobby Stiles; Joseph Wapner; Peter Wyngarde; Jimmy Young.

2014 DDP Theme Team (...and its goodnight from him etc): Ronald Atkins, Ron Brown, Ronnie Carroll; Ronald Chesney, Ronnie Walter Cunningham, Ronnie Dawson, Ron Ely, Ronald Baron Fearn, Ron Flowers, Ronnie Gilbert, Ronald Harwood, Ronald Hines, Ron Isley, Ronnie Masterson (lost), Ronnie Moore, Ronald Pellar, Ronnie Ronalde, Ron Smith, Ronald Stevenson, Ron Suart (Joker)

2014 DDP Theme Team (Roger and Out): Roger Alton, Roger Angell, Sir Roger Bannister, Roger Cook, Roger Corman, Roger Daltrey, Roger Dimmock, Roger Etchegaray, Sir Roger Moore, Sir Roger Norrington, Sir Roger Penrose(Joker), Roger Protz, Roger Sainsbury, Roger Sloman, Roger Smith, Roger Spottiswood, Roger Squires, Roger Staubach, Roger Taylor, Roger Whitaker

Deathrace 2014 Team: Billy Graham (Joker), Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn,Kirk Douglas, Al Molinaro, Dora Bryan, John Glenn, Gerald Harper, Patricia Knatchbull, Francis Matthews, Sheila Mercier, Les Munro, Buck Henry, I. M. Pei, Joseph Wapner, Jimmy Young, Wojtech Jaruszelski, Doris Day

2014 Hartlepool Deadlypool Team: Rev Billy Graham, Ethel Lang, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Carl Reiner, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Vera Lynn, Kirk Douglas, Maximilian Schell, Al Molinaro, BB King. Subs: Doris Day, Wojciech Jaruzelski

I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users