Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

People I Was Surprised To Find Are Still AliveHow! not dead? not dead?

420 replies to this topic

#161 Lady Die

Lady Die

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:30 PM

Mickey Rooney. I'm just shocked that guy is still kicking.

Any relation to Wayne Rooney?
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#162 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:33 PM

From Ray Kennedy's Wiki page:

To this day Kennedy lives a quiet, homebound life with decreased mobility and a dependency on drugs to control the discomfort of his condition. He had to sell his medals, caps, shirts and other memorabilia after falling on financially hard times.

He'll be 56 this year.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#163 Phantom

Phantom

cadaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,207 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

Harper Lee is still alive and, apparentely, doing very well

Ends a lot of speculation I suppose.

Harper Lee makes rare public appearance at a high school

A good line never dies
It just smells funny

----
DDP 2015 - 4/20

Lauren Hilljoker.gif, Little Jimmy Dickens, Sylvia Miles, Liz Dawn, Joao Havelenge, Sam Simon, Chris Woodhead, Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Stephen Lewis, Jimmy Perry, Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Brady, Peter Vaughan, John Stephenson, Jerry Maren, Ian St. John, Patricia Hitchcock, Robert M. Pirsig, Nancy Reagan

2015 Shadow List

7/50

Jean Alexander, Muhammed Ali, Daisy Berkowitz, Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, Ian Brady, George H.W Bush, Jacques Chirac, Beverly Cleary, George Cole, Liz Dawn, Little Jimmy Dickens, Bob Dole, Clarissa Eden, Janet Fielding, June Foray, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Gaston Glock, Billy Graham, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Joao Havelange, Lauren Hill, Patricia Hitchcock, Clive James, B.B. King, Helmut Kohl, Stephen Lewis, Jerry Maren, Sylvia Miles, Al Molinaro, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Robert Mugabe, Les Munro, Leonard Nimoy, Denis Norden, Maureen O'Hara, Jimmy Perry, Leslie Phillips, Nancy Reagan, Don Rickles, Sonny Rollins, Peter Sallis, Helmut Schmidt, Sam Simon, Dudley Simpson, Ian St. John, Percy Sledge, Peter Sutcliffe, Peter Vaughan, Chris Woodhead

Winner of the 2014 Wojciech Jarulzelski sweepstakes

DDP 2014 4/20 - Joint 71st , DDP 2013 11/20 - Joint 24th, DDP 2012 8/20 - Joint 47th

#164 Godot

Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

Harper Lee is still alive and, apparentely, doing very well

Ends a lot of speculation I suppose.

Harper Lee makes rare public appearance at a high school

I liked that bit where she shot the mad dog.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#165 Canadian Paul

Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:31 PM

Maurice Vincent Wilkes, somewhat obscurish British computer scientist and second winner of the Turing Award aka. the "Nobel" for computing sciences. Obit assured and he turns 94 this year, but no news on his health. Thought I'd bring him up though, since I stumbled on him accidently.
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#166 Death in Vegas

Death in Vegas

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:54 PM

Maurice Vincent Wilkes, somewhat obscurish British computer scientist and second winner of the Turing Award aka. the "Nobel" for computing sciences. Obit assured and he turns 94 this year, but no news on his health. Thought I'd bring him up though, since I stumbled on him accidently.

I was surprised to find recently that T S Eliot's widow Valerie was still alive and seemingly in fine fettle, presenting the annual T S Eliot award for poetry last month. Even though she's only 81 I can't help but think that anyone connected with Eliot is from a bygone pre-WW2 era.
My only regret, is that I have...boneitis.

#167 Handrejka

Handrejka

Manx Minx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:13 AM

Someone I'm pleased and a little surprised to discover is still alive is S A Wakefield, the Australian author of "Bottersnikes and Gumbles" which was my favourite book as a child. I don't know much about him other that he was born in 1927, so not much use to you, but I had to tell someone.

2013 Alternative 50 final total 13/50 against DL 13/50 - See about me page for more details.
2014 final total 12/50 against DL 10
2015 Alternative 50 (4/50)
1. Rev Billy Graham.2. Zsa Zsa Gabor 3. Prince Philipp Duke of Edinburgh 4. Sam Simon 5. Kirk Douglas 6. Fidel Castro 7. Stepehn Hawking 8. Pele 9.Lupita Tovar
10.Ron Moody 11. Jean Alexander 12. George Blake 13. Peter Sallis 14. Valerie Harper 15.Mohamed Ali 16. Brain Cant 17. Gretel Bergman 18. Pat Priest
19. Stuart Hall 20. Jaques Rivette 21. Anthony Booth 22. Nigel Lawson 23. Buzz Aldrin 24. Kenneth Anger 25. Al Molinaro 26. Clive James 27. Tamara Press 28. Izzy Young
29. Zara Nutley 30. Caroline Aherne 31. Cyril Frankel 32. Olivia de Haviland 33. Hywel Bennet 34. SugarPie De Santo 35. William Barrington-Coupe 36. Christiana F. 37. Peter Sutcliffe
38. Dave Swarbick 39. Rene Angelil 40. Vincent Bugliosi 41. Helmut Scmidt 42. Gro Harlem Brundtland 43. Christopher Wenner 44. Clare Torry 45. irving Kanarek 46. Russ Tamblyn
47. Movita Castenada. 48. Klaus Rainer Rohl 49. Desmond Tutu 50. Akinwale Arobieke

"Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?" "Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed."

#168 The Magic Wanderer

The Magic Wanderer

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:41 PM

Michael Foot! :dead:

#169 Dave to the Grave

Dave to the Grave

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

Brad Pitt! :D

#170 Slave to the Grave

Slave to the Grave

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

Brad Pitt! :D

What a shame that Tony Hancock is dead.
In my experience, yes, some guests have the same longing for towels and bedlinen as zombies have for human flesh.

"Turrwets, a very good place to keep a tdonkley" - Lady G.

Who is not made better and wiser by occasional intercourse with the tomb?
-George Blair

#171 Cowboy Ronnie

Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:06 PM

Britney Spears

#172 BrunoBrimley

BrunoBrimley

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:56 AM

Britney Spears

Not for long at the rate she zips in and out of rehab, one of those doors is like as not to slam hard on her heels and send her for a fatal spill.

#173 Dave to the Grave

Dave to the Grave

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:17 AM

Britney Spears

Doctor Legg. (Leonard Fenton)

#174 Dave to the Grave

Dave to the Grave

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:20 AM

Britney Spears

Not for long at the rate she zips in and out of rehab, one of those doors is like as not to slam hard on her heels and send her for a fatal spill.

:lol:

#175 Handrejka

Handrejka

Manx Minx

• Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:54 PM

I thought Carla Lane was dead. Must have been wishful thinking.

2013 Alternative 50 final total 13/50 against DL 13/50 - See about me page for more details.
2014 final total 12/50 against DL 10
2015 Alternative 50 (4/50)
1. Rev Billy Graham.2. Zsa Zsa Gabor 3. Prince Philipp Duke of Edinburgh 4. Sam Simon 5. Kirk Douglas 6. Fidel Castro 7. Stepehn Hawking 8. Pele 9.Lupita Tovar
10.Ron Moody 11. Jean Alexander 12. George Blake 13. Peter Sallis 14. Valerie Harper 15.Mohamed Ali 16. Brain Cant 17. Gretel Bergman 18. Pat Priest
19. Stuart Hall 20. Jaques Rivette 21. Anthony Booth 22. Nigel Lawson 23. Buzz Aldrin 24. Kenneth Anger 25. Al Molinaro 26. Clive James 27. Tamara Press 28. Izzy Young
29. Zara Nutley 30. Caroline Aherne 31. Cyril Frankel 32. Olivia de Haviland 33. Hywel Bennet 34. SugarPie De Santo 35. William Barrington-Coupe 36. Christiana F. 37. Peter Sutcliffe
38. Dave Swarbick 39. Rene Angelil 40. Vincent Bugliosi 41. Helmut Scmidt 42. Gro Harlem Brundtland 43. Christopher Wenner 44. Clare Torry 45. irving Kanarek 46. Russ Tamblyn
47. Movita Castenada. 48. Klaus Rainer Rohl 49. Desmond Tutu 50. Akinwale Arobieke

"Wehat shall we do with the wisswass tdonkleys?" "Throw them in the turwetts til they've diwed."

#176 Banshees Scream

Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:07 PM

You know what I think? Han has a new exciting wishful signiture! It would be so like you.

I thought Carla Lane was dead. Must have been wishful thinking.

#177 Monoclinic

Monoclinic

Missing in Action

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:15 PM

Couldn't find a more suitable thread...

http://news.bbc.co.u...ire/6403389.stm

This miracle baby came back to life after 30 minutes. Amazing!

#178 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

Sunday's episode of the BBC show "Top Gear" had Clarkson, Hammond and May stating that Phil Drabble was dead (in connection with rounding up some sheep). I can find no evidence that he is - bit of a gaffe from the BBC researchers there?

#179 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:49 PM

Phil Drabble looks to be breathing as he approaches 93, gaffe from Top Gear, potential good spot for us deadpickers.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#180 Slave to the Grave

Slave to the Grave

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

Phil Drabble looks to be breathing as he approaches 93, gaffe from Top Gear, potential good spot for us deadpickers.

I had him on my DDP team for 2 years running and despite the Wiki entry a lot doubt was cast about him still being in the land of the living. I meant to keep him on again this year, probably out of bloody-mindedness but forgot in my rush to get my team in on New Years Eve.
In my experience, yes, some guests have the same longing for towels and bedlinen as zombies have for human flesh.

"Turrwets, a very good place to keep a tdonkley" - Lady G.

Who is not made better and wiser by occasional intercourse with the tomb?
-George Blair

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users