Guest Catherine C

More Ideas & Possibles for 2005

Guest Catherine C

Kamato Hongo - world's oldest woman, aged 116. Why aren't more supercentenarians included on the list? They may not be familiar names but their deaths would be reported, especially if they were the oldest in the US or UK. Therefore I think more should be considered for inclusion. www.grg.org has a very informative list.

Anita Page - silent film actress. Born 1910. IMHO, passes the famousness test as one of her films won a best picture Oscar in 1929, and apparently she used to get fanmail from Mussolini.

Maureen O'Hara? 80+, I believe.

Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden are also worth a think.

Catherine

One of the rules of DeathList eligibility is that the nominee must be famous for reasons other than the fact they are likely to die. Kamato Hongo is clearly only know for the fact that she is likely to die soon. The question of including the worlds oldest person has been raised before but it was decided that it wasnt in the spirit of DeathList - great info though - thanx!

Anita Page and Maureen O'Hara are clearly worthly of consideration though.

Bin Laden was included in 2002 on the basis that confirmation of his death would be the relevant date of death. I think Saddam is a similar situation - however when we were chatting down the pub the other day he said he thought he was unlikely to be tracked down in the near future.

Regards

Grim Reaper

Maureen O'Hara was 83 this year

Not really old enough unless she's unwell and we've heard nothing - not that that is any sort of indicator

Guest Catherine C

Does this mean people who experienced major world events/knew certain historical figures from years ago can't be included? e.g. Titanic survivors, last Confederate widow, WW1 veterans. These people are famous for reasons other than being likely to die, particularly Titanic survivors like Millvina Dean.

While we're on that topic, Gloria Stuart, who played Old Rose in Titanic, could be a candidate for 2004. I don't know her exact age, but she was the only cast member alive at the time of the sinking.

Well Catherine - I believe that the sort of people you mention are in fact eligible. They are clearly famous in their own right for, say, surviving the Titanic sinking and therefore are not famous just for the fact they are likely to die. I suppose being the oldest surviving Titantic survivor is a bit of a grey area but I for one would be happy to accept that as being in the spirit of DeathList.

Millvina Dean is thus worthy of consideration. Also Gloria Stuart sounds promising. I will get the researchers to work.

So I have been relegated to "researcher" - I don't recall that being discussed as part of my new contract last night

Anyway I'm not in any position to haggle over employment at the moment so here are your vitals

Miss Elizabeth Gladys Dean, better known as Millvina, was born on 2 February 1912 which makes her 91. In April, 1912 she was only nine-weeks-old.

Gloria Stuart/Stewart was born in 1910 so she's 93 (obvious I know but the lad Reaper is not great with numbers) - she was oscar nominated for her role in Titanic which makes her famous enough just.

Guest Catherine

Yes, I suppose people of that age could die any day. Which is all the more reason we should record their memories for future generations to watch. For example, WW1 survivors - very sad that in a couple of years there will be none left. But I have heard there are plans for a major new TV series featuring interviews with all those involved in the conflict who are still surviving. I hope this comes off before it's too late...

Guest fcddunne

has anyone considered pamela anderson she has hepetitis C

or would that be fmore like 2005 or 2006 list

Is Hepatitus C a killer? I thought it was A and B that were the problems - what the hell would I know anyway, can anyone clarify? Apparently there is a D and an E as well!!

Maybe we should post this under a new educational forum for discussion about killer diseases

Guest Guest

Hepitice C can indeed kill you From what I have read shes got less than five years left

The use of blood contaminated with Hepititis C was used by the Irish blood transfusion board for Haemopheliacs and 81 people are now dead

http://www.haemophilia-society.ie/lindsay.htm

Im sure I heard Pammie chatting about her illness a while ago and it seemed like she seemed to reckon shed got a few years left

In fact after a bit of searching (not many pages about pamela anderson on the net!) shes recently said shes got a 10 years maybe 15 left.

File under "long term prospect"

I don't know if anybody else picked-up on this, but at the end of November 2003, Denis Law the ex-Manchester United and Scotland football player had surgery for prostate cancer. I haven't heard how is doing since then. Might be worth investigating. Would you believe it - another famous jock!

DWB ;)

The most recent info available on this appears to be 12 Dec when Denis declared himself "on the road to recovery". Not a peep since then that I can find.

Perhaps I'll leave Mr Stats to come up with some more up to date information from one of his many sources on the inside...

Oh sorry was I supposed to do something here?

Righty, no update from Denis since pre-Xmas. All the usual articles on how he's beating cancer and the Manchester Evening Post jumping the gun as usual with a how he has "beaten" cancer story right next to the Man Utd sign Zidane, Nedved and Ronaldo story (no the other Ronaldo)

Anyway while prostrate cancer is not to be dismissed lightly, it's very treatable if caught early enough. It's only life threatening if you ignore the symptoms for too long.

Anyone out there with lumps in their sack should see the doctor asap - especially women

Mr Stats

Perhaps they should also be keeping an eye on Mr Vandross too..........

"Meanwhile, Vandross' mother, Mary, has recorded two public service announcements about diabetes, which played a role in Vandross' stroke.

Her husband and another son died from the disease, according to a statement from Vandross' publicist."

love and kisses

little sister

Wow! Never heard that about Van-"dross". Give me the reason? Although, it's Never Too Much, I guess that While the city sleeps (sorry George) all manner of things can go on.

Although, if I knew back then what I know now, I might of fooled myself into thinking I had 20/20 vision about the future.

But then, Can Heaven Wait?

Heaven Knows.

Guest Guest_deathmiester

Does anyone know if that fantastic scottish comedian Stanley Baxter is still going?

Stanley Baxter is alive and is 78 on 24 May this year.

No news on Baxter in recent years so maybe a candidate for DeathList 2014 ;)

Guest Scribble

Is it me or did David Jason look a tad unwell at the recent BAFTA awards.

Now we know what uncle Albert would have looked like with out the long white beard.

Hmmm, caught a glimpse of him. He did have a touch of frost kind of look about him. Not sure he is ready for the list just yet though. He's only 64 and I think we can leave the worrying until we get a lifetime achievement award or three, or even Ronnie Barker style tributes, but perhaps that is difficult to predict. That's why we need some people working in TV on the forum, to give us the heads up.

Hasn't he just had a kid ?

It'll be all those sleepless nights.

Guest marie potter

What ever happened to Juliet Hulme & Pauline Parker? They were imprisoned in the 1950's for the murder of Pauline Parker's mother. Hence, the movie "Heavenly Creatures". Why aren't they on the list? I believe Juliet Hulme changed her name to Anne Perry after release from prison.