Lady Die

Harold Pinter

Reading in the Independent an interview with Harold Pinter, who turns 75 at the weekend. The piece described him as frail and walking with the aid of a stick, although he has written a new radio play. Apparently he's been fighting cancer of the oesophagus for three years. That particular cancer is difficult to beat. John Thaw died from it.

A stick on for '06 if he holds out.

Here's the link:

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/theatre...ticle317672.ece

Apparently he's been fighting cancer of the oesophagus for three years. That particular cancer is difficult to beat. John Thaw died from it.

In the late sixties it killed my grandfather in less than a year. Apparently treatment has improved since.

Still a good call.

BTW: I moved janeo's post in the "Ideas and possibilities" thread to this one. Someone had to take care of that.

regards,

Hein

Reading in the Independent an interview with Harold Pinter, who turns 75 at the weekend. The piece described him as frail and walking with the aid of a stick, although he has written a new radio play. Apparently he's been fighting cancer of the oesophagus for three years. That particular cancer is difficult to beat. John Thaw died from it.

A stick on for '06 if he holds out.

Here's the link:

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/theatre...ticle317672.ece

Good spot. He definitely looks like a sure pick for 2006 if he survives until then.

Regards,

ff

I intend to enter DDP in 2006.

Pinters a deffo, but I've looked at noted down other picks for possible entry - there's over 80! Its going to be bloody difficult.

Harold Pinter celebrated his 75th birthday 2 days ago and has just been awarded the 2005 Nobel Prize in literature. Given his illness and his recent bout with cancer, this may be his last award he will receive before his demise.

Harold Pinter wins Nobel lit prize

Edited by football_fan

Harold Pinter celebrated his 75th birthday 2 days ago and has just been awarded the 2005 Nobel Prize in literature.

A $1.3m birthday present. That's not to be sneezed at.

regards,

Hein

Harold Pinter celebrated his 75th birthday 2 days ago and has just been awarded the 2005 Nobel Prize in literature.

A $1.3m birthday present. That's not to be sneezed at.

regards,

Hein

This man says: 'Atchoo'!!

That's not to be sneezed at.

Bird flu panic alert, somebody sneezed.... Did Pinter go on holiday to Turkey???

Is it me or is 60 people dead in Asia in last year (mostly chicken farmers or something else beginning with f...) a bit of a slow start for a Pandemic?

Is it me or is 60 people dead in Asia in last year (mostly chicken farmers or something else beginning with f...) a bit of a slow start for a Pandemic?

Pluckers...it's chicken pluckers.

But I'm not a chicken plucker, I'm a chicken plucker's son....

But I'm not a chicken plucker, I'm a chicken plucker's son....

I thought you were a pheasant plucker, or are you a pheasant pluckers son?

So Pinter's been awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. A sure sign that he's going to croak it methinks...

So Pinter's been awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. A sure sign that he's going to croak it methinks...

He has just stated on Radio 4 his intention to make a speech in December at the award ceremony.

He's on my list for 2006.

On the list? He's Numero Uno. I saw him on The World new programme on BBC. He'll also give an interview on Newsnight. He looks increasingly frail. Quite sad really, but the Nobel Prize is well deserved.

On the list? He's Numero Uno. I saw him on The World new programme on BBC. He'll also give an interview on Newsnight. He looks increasingly frail. Quite sad really, but the Nobel Prize is well deserved.

Definitely not looking well

Harold did indeed look as rough as a badger's on the telly yesterday, and the captain birdseye cap didn't finish the look...

Is he another example of the 'unfortunate' fates meeting people that were on the anti-war march?

Robin Cook has a heart attack while miles away from help...

Tony Benn has a fall at the Labour Party Conference

Clare Short has been slapped in the face with a wet fish (oh sorry she's always looked like that)

Claire Short is John Prescott in drag!

He is definitely looking a little rough.

HaroldPinter.jpg

Personally i thought he died years ago.

He is definitely looking a little rough.

HaroldPinter.jpg

I thought it was interesting that when the Guardian asked the "master of suspended silence " for a quote he managed to thank the Nobel committee for 10 minutes. Could it have to do with the large cheque involved?

Harold Pinter will not collect his award in Sweden on December 10th due to ill health. He will however deliver a speech to the Academy on December 7th, which will be transmitted live on Channel 4. His last testament Dennis Potter-style?

Based on what we've said and what we know, I'd say an excellent candidate for 2006.

Harold Pinter will not collect his award in Sweden on December 10th due to ill health. He will however deliver a speech to the Academy on December 7th, which will be transmitted live on Channel 4. His last testament Dennis Potter-style?

Harold Pinter has now cancelled that Academy speech, due to ill health

instead a pre-recorded one will be given.

• Like 1