Guest iain

Writer Edward Bunker Has Died

Shame

Read his autobiography - Mr Blue - a few years back. One hell of a story, better than much fiction. Re Mr Blue: He was an actor too, playing that part in Reservoir Dogs and a few others.

Guest d

i'm shocked. i just happened to google Eddie, unbelievable! his works may have seemed to be fictional, but in fact, No Beast So Fierce was largely about his life with my family, although names were changed. my grandma grew up with him in lincoln heights, a suburb of la. he is the man who would have been my grandpa if not for the ultimatum demanded by the two men, then 15 in the 1950's, to chose one over the other. she chose my grandpa, Huero, known in eddie's book as Wedo. two men lived parallel lives as junkies. i don't know how to tell my grandpa he outlived eddie bunker.

Crime novelist Edward Bunker, who taught himself to write in prison and appeared in hit movie Reservoir Dogs, has died in California aged 71. Story at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/4713659.stm

Then why isn't he in near misses?

Then why isn't he in near misses?

...because we werent even close to getting him? :o

i don't know how to tell my grandpa he outlived eddie bunker.

Perhaps you could simply direct him to this site and let him "discover" it for himself?

Never heared of him before this so he isn't exactly someone I will shed tears over. Didn't even get a blibbit on the evening news.

*ahem*

Bunker died last year, that's why the News didn't have much about him & also why he isn't in near misses. Look at the start date of the thread.

*ahem*

Bunker died last year, that's why the News didn't have much about him & also why he isn't in near misses. Look at the start date of the thread.

Still dont change the fact that they never mentined him on the news.......

What! Has he died again! Now that's better than anything in any of his books.

What! Has he died again! Now that's better than anything in any of his books.

:lol::shoot2::shoot2::shoot:

*ahem*

Still dont change the fact that they never mentined him on the news.......

They did where I come from :lol:

and where is that? an octopus's garden in the shade?> :lol:

Octy of Odd: Can I say how pleased I am to see another poster shamelessly citing a backwater of a home in a posting name. From darkest West Cumbria I salute you in deepest Wiltshire sir....or madam.

Huh?

Octy of Odd: Can I say how pleased I am to see another poster shamelessly citing a backwater of a home in a posting name. From darkest West Cumbria I salute you in deepest Wiltshire sir....or madam.

I no longer live there actually :electr2: But it was where I was born & like I said in the name thread... Odstock needs some publicity. You know what they say... bad publicity is better than no publicity. :eshock:

It's sir, by the way. With a capital S :electr2: