Edward Heath ex UK PM

272 replies to this topic

#261 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,984 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:35 PM

I have a vague memory of Tebbit's moan. I think he was making a good point as far as he saw it and not the kind of point he'd usually stretch to. Wasn't his comment prompted by a few events like Harvey Proctor being accosted in his shirt shop and Steven Millican forgetting the quality control on his autoerotic experiments? I think the Chingford Skinhead's point was that Ted - whilst certainly gay - tended to keep the policies in the public eye and the marmite drilling in the bedroom, a lesson Norm thought some of his parliamentary colleagues could usefully learn.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#262 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:03 AM

Conclusive evidence from the Public Records Office, just released under the thirty year rule: a still from Ted Heath's unsuccessful audition for Star Wars
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#263 halleluyahjohntudor

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:19 AM

View PostGodot, on Dec 20 2006, 12:03 AM, said:

Conclusive evidence from the Public Records Office, just released under the thirty year rule: a still from Ted Heath's unsuccessful audition for Star Wars

:P

But seriously, I worked for EH for two years, and I never heard any gossip about him or detected any symptoms of latent homosexuality. I would say, rather, that he never managed to establish a genuinely close relationship with anyone, male or female. Hence, unsurprisingly, he was lonely.

#264 Vinegar Tits

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:59 AM

View PostDr Hackenslash, on Dec 19 2006, 04:03 PM, said:

"'For example, there's Ted Heath. He was celebate. But Ted wasn't a raving queer'.
There is a difference between merely being gay and being a "raving queer" though. While it seems Heath did bowl from the Pavillion End, perhaps he wasn't that good with colours... :P

***Posted Image WINNER OF THE DEATHLIST.NET JADE GOODY SWEEPSTAKE Posted Image***

...and also the Popbitch 2009/2010/2013 deadpool...

Main DDP team:Madonna's Hand Of Bod (2013: =56th 8/20) - Sheila Mercier | Helen Fawkes | Gazza | Zsa Zsa Gabor | Jimmy Hill | Olivia De Havilland | Ian Watkins | Richard Attenborough | Liz Dawn | Richard Adams | Billy Graham | Albert Reynolds | Michael Schumacher | Christopher Lee | Rolf Harris | Wilko Johnson | Valerie Harper | Michael York | Misao Okawa | Ethel Lang
Personal DDP team:Are You Still Dying Darling (2011: =81th 7/20) - Ken Bates | Zsa Zsa Gabor | Ian Watkins | James Alexander Gordon | Dora Bryan | Manoel De Oliveira | Valerie Harper | Wilko Johnson | Liz Smith | Asa Briggs | Peter O'Sullevan | Jill Gascoigne | George Bush Snr | Mary Tyler Moore | Michael York | Doug Ellis | Pope Benedict | Penny Marshall | Misao Okawa | Sid Caesar

#265 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 10,984 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:10 PM

View Posthalleluyahjohntudor, on Dec 20 2006, 12:19 AM, said:

:huh:

But seriously, I worked for EH for two years, and I never heard any gossip about him or detected any symptoms of latent homosexuality. I would say, rather, that he never managed to establish a genuinely close relationship with anyone, male or female. Hence, unsurprisingly, he was lonely.

You worked for him all that time and never thought to direct him here. A few minutes on the Thatcher thread, speculating on her death, and he'd be over his lonliness.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#266 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Dec 20 2006, 05:10 PM, said:

View Posthalleluyahjohntudor, on Dec 20 2006, 12:19 AM, said:

:skill2:

You worked for him all that time and never thought to direct him here. A few minutes on the Thatcher thread, speculating on her death, and he'd be over his lonliness.

Drat. An opportunity missed -_-

#267 DevonDeathTrip

Tractor Eater

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:04 AM

Sir Edward Heath was warned by police to stop "cottaging" for gay sex in the 1950s because it could harm his political career, a Tory politician has claimed.
Sometimes when we see the eyes- those horrible times when we see the eyes,eyes that ... that have no soul - then we know a darkness.

#268 Entropy

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:24 PM

Wasn't it illegal back in the 1950s? If he was politically ambitious, that would have been a really stupid thing to be doing. But he isn't around to defend himself, and sex-based allegations will always sell newspapers.
"Every process, event, happening - call it what you will; in a word, everything that is going on in Nature means an increase of the entropy of the part of the world where it is going on. Thus a living organism continually increases its entropy - or, as you may say, produces positive entropy - and thus tends to approach the dangerous state of maximum entropy, which is death."

- Erwin Schrodinger, "What is Life?", Cambridge University Press, 1944

#269 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 10,984 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:35 PM

Of course the 'gay or not' debate rages on with regard to one popular beknighted icon who can defend himself.
Posted Image

#270 Guest_Mr Jumblie_*

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:04 PM

I am going on a round the world trip starting tomorrow, I intend to max out my credit cards, f**k as many women and do as much drugs as possible and then blow my brains out.

Goodbye. :P

#271 Olveres

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:39 AM

View PostMr Jumblie, on Apr 26 2007, 12:04 AM, said:

I am going on a round the world trip starting tomorrow, I intend to max out my credit cards, f**k as many women and do as much drugs as possible and then blow my brains out.

Goodbye. :P

Can you make yourself really famous and get a uk obit? Also, can you try refrain from blowing your brains out till '08?
We have short time to stay,
Our night is slipping far away.
Caught up within bad memories,
Our growth seems certain to decay.

Olveres' DDP for 2007:
Eileen Derbyshire, Bobby Robson, Michael Aspel, Brooke Astor, Roger Moore,
Osama Bin Laden, Ronnie Biggs, Fidel Castro, Doris Day, Pete Doherty, Ken Bates, Michael Winner,
Margaret Thatcher, Harry Enfield, Fernando Alonso, Ludovic Kennedy, Dave Mustaine, Glen Benton,
Claire Rayner

#272 maryportfuncity

• Members
  • 10,984 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

The reissue of a book dealing with a conspiracy theory on Heath has reignited a debate on his sexuality. Today on Radio Four this morning included an interview with a former Czech secret agent who was clear that his country didn't try to trap Heath. The way it's told now the whole story revolves around a right wing plot from this country to stop Heath becoming Conservative leader (because he was pro-Europe and fairly moderate by Conservative standards), said plot included smearing him as gay.

The revival of the whole story has been largely ignored outside Radio Four and the more demanding end of the press.
Posted Image

#273 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

Wait, so Ted Heath didn't suck off Wilfrid Brambell in a north London toilet? That's ruined this country forever.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users