- - - - -

Mr Malcolm Glazer Double Glazer

13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_good boy, good boy, woof woof &#_*

• Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:03 PM

could the football-loving, certainly-not-in-it-for-profit Mr Malcolm Glazer be about to meet his maker ? Considering that he is an overweight 78 year old Yank and that many Man Utd fans are seriously thinking about getting rid of him by any means possible, I believe he should be a contender. Mind you, I never understood why they took against him - a man who lives thousands of miles away from Manchester and doesn`t know the first thing about football - sounds like a pretty typical United fan to me.................

#2 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:10 PM

Far be in for me to judge the looks of another man but he looks like a demented garden gnome. Don't you think?
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 3/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#3 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,979 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:25 PM

They took against him because he's not a Russian billionaire and he doesn't punch in that league meaning the Premiership and European Champions League - the only things they really care about - will take a miracle now.

Others would welcome Glazer. I think I speak for many loyal Carlisle United supporters when I say we'd be happy with a mere twenty million in the transfer kitty every year.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#4 Guest_IYG_*

• Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:41 PM

Is this deathlist or wishlist because I'm not happy about him taking over either.

#5 Bald rick

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:35 AM

Rather than being a new topic, shouldn't this be here ?
When you're younger, you can eat what you like, drink what you like and still climb into your 26 inch waist trousers and zip them closed. Then you reach that age, 24, 25, when your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag and then without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard.

#6 Death Watch Beatle

I Need To Get A Life!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:35 AM

A second stroke for the Manchester United supremo:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=38...roke+for+Glazer

Supposedly not life threatening, but you really don't want to make a habit out of this.

DWB :D

#7 Harvester Of Souls

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:00 PM

The stakes have well and truly been raised... Glazer must be a contender for 07. :)

Necrophilia. The Unrivaled Feeling Of Cracking Open A Cold One.

#8 pulphack

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:44 PM

i like that bit about 'warm wishes' in the sky report: not around sections of manchester and the home counties. mind, 20million would be croesus level budgeting down where some of us watch our football, as mary rightly points out.

are there any actuaries on here? because i'd be very interested to see how the fat-yank-double-stroke odds are balanced by the level of health care his wealth can give him. that would give a better indication of his chances without actually sneaking into his bedroom to have a quick look.

#9 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:56 PM

pulphack Posted Yesterday, 11:44 PM
i like that bit about 'warm wishes' in the sky report: not around sections of manchester and the home counties. mind, 20million would be croesus level budgeting down where some of us watch our football, as mary rightly points out.

are there any actuaries on here? because i'd be very interested to see how the fat-yank-double-stroke odds are balanced by the level of health care his wealth can give him. that would give a better indication of his chances without actually sneaking into his bedroom to have a quick look.

OK I'm not a real life actuary - more a budding one on paper. I've now got 661 profiles of typical actuary info on various famous people and I can give Mr Glazer a score of 95.2pts at the moment. That's middling.
I'm not adding into any of my dead pool lists, any person not over 120pts.
But you just can't really nail this down to a fine art. If your name was Robin Cook and you set off to do a bit of hill walking - by the end of the day you are listed on my dead chart with a score of just 17.01! Just being really odd does not help much either - Brooke Astor is outside my listing pre-requist and even Lillian Asplund only had a score of 60. Like wise I looked at Denis Weaver (the oddest living screen actors guild member) and found no other issues with his health - but he still died with a low score of 36.4.
Now when I get a really high figure (Lou Rawls at 242.92 and George Best at 227.87) then its imposible to leave them out, isn't it the case Mr Biggs?
Seven down, 43 to go...
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 7/50

#10 Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:22 AM

View PostRotten Ali, on May 21 2006, 12:56 AM, said:

Like wise I looked at Denis Weaver (the oddest living screen actors guild member).

Weaver? Odd? Pah - he was perfectly sane in a world of oddballs. What made him so strange then, RA?

With your oft-mentioned list, it is true that you have a strong team on paper, but you chose Saddam Hussein in the DDP. I find that a bizarre choice, taking in all your ratings etc. Mind you, I can't talk, with a hit ratio of 1/20 this year. :)

#11 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

Weaver? Odd? Pah - he was perfectly sane in a world of oddballs. What made him so strange then, RA?

Yep you got me there OoO. LOL. You know I ment to write "oldest". As for Saddam, his more in expectation that Iraqi justice won't be anything like any sort of justice in the world right now. So figure its a fair 50/50 chance he won't last out the year and that pushed him up into the area of my top twenty. The list I've got is just about uncontrolable. What the heck should I do with the "fall from a palm tree" quotion when the said fellow has already done a whole pharmacy of drugs? In the past I've even given a point for seen a ufo in Mental Health Conditions factors! Oh and having an addiction to pepsi in the Drugs catagory gets a point too! Put that against 75points for the prognosis of 3 months or less to live and you seen the range of problems keeping a handle on all the football club chairmen who have the "odd" two strokes.
Seven down, 43 to go...
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 7/50

#12 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:49 AM

View PostIYG, on Jul 5 2005, 11:41 PM, said:

Is this deathlist or wishlist because I'm not happy about him taking over either.

Well isn't this just priceless. At this point in time Windsor was only a member for 2 days.

O and this is Deathlist not wishlist.

#13 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,979 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:03 AM

Re Rotten Ali's hit list, I notice D Crosby is performing live on television this Friday night on Later with Jools Holland.

Should be worth a look. Diabetic, grossly overweight, a few years on his second liver, history of serious drug abuse.....how the hell doesn the man continue to breathe?
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#14 Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Congratulations to the Daily Mirror, who have just fell for a rumour started by a bored 21-year-old on Twitter and reported that Glazer has died.
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

"Get back to task and participate, or you will come with us at the finale to dance, although there will be shocking deaths. Yoshi is coming for me." - Pikalin Soutdalany

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users