Jump to content


- - - - -

Chuck Berry Rock & Roller



43 replies to this topic

#1 M.Lawrenson

    Bomber

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:35 PM

Just checked Chuck's official website, and it appears he's still performing one-nighters at the age of nearly 79. I reckon he'll go the day after he has to give up doing his show.

#2 Banshees Scream

    Dwarf tosser

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,426 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:02 PM

M.Lawrenson, on Jul 5 2005, 09:35 PM, said:

Just checked Chuck's official website, and it appears he's still performing one-nighters at the age of nearly 79. I reckon he'll go the day after he has to give up doing his show.
Well a day may be a bit sudden. He doesen't seem to have
any life threatning health problums. Though for the future
sometime he may be one to watch. :deadx:

#3 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,041 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:21 PM

Interesting speculation for the moment though, who'll go first. Him or Bo Diddley?

Re Chuck's 'alleged' perversions. There's a graphic description of the contents of a video involving him, a willing female partner much younger than him and Chuck's very peculiar fascination with sharing his bodily functions during sex. Worth reading in 'Rock Bottom' by Pamela Des Barres and it's noticable that the book did well in the USA without Chuck even threatening legal action.
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#4 M.Lawrenson

    Bomber

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:22 AM

I had read somewhere (probably Q magazine) that he'd set up cameras in the womens' toilets in a restaurant he owns and had in his possession videotapes recorded from the above cameras. 'Alleged' is covering both the forum's and my backs.

Can Chuck manage to do his patented 'duck walk' these days?

#5 dad

    Morbid interest

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:35 AM

Sharing body functions? What the hell are you talking about?

#6 Josco

    I Need To Get A Life!

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:00 AM

dad, on Jul 6 2005, 01:35 AM, said:

Sharing body functions? What the hell are you talking about?
Farting in bed.
"If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear...." Jacqui Smith - Ex-Home Secretary (and many other misguided fools)
"I fear having to prove I have nothing to hide." Josco

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".
William Pitt, 1783


Shaw's Principle: "Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it."

#7 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,041 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:19 AM

Dad: This is grim and I've never seen the tape but I'd refer you to Pamela Des Barres book.

At one point in the section on Chuck Pamela discusses his fairly well known sexual proclivities with reference to a tape she'd seen. In this tape Chuck has fairly normal sex with a groupie and then urinates on her whilst holding a conversation 'How's that piss taste...salty ain't it,' before reversing the roles, placing his face near her bottom and announcing it's time for his breakfast. I trust you get the gist.

Then again, it may be the secret to along and active life in rock. I mean, the man is nearly eighty and still gigging.
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#8 M.Lawrenson

    Bomber

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:02 AM

maryportfuncity, on Jul 5 2005, 10:21 PM, said:

Interesting speculation for the moment though, who'll go first. Him or Bo Diddley?
The old rocker's sweepstakes stands like this

Chuck Berry - b. 18th Oct 1926 (78)
Fats Domino - b. 26th Feb 1928 (77)
Bo Diddley - b. 30th Dec 1928 (76)
Jerry Lee Lewis - b. 29th Sep 1935 (69)
Little Richard - b. 5th Dec 1935 (69)

As far as I know, they're all still performing.

#9 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,041 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:32 PM

Billy Lee Riley - 'Red Hot' & 'Flying Saucers Rock 'N' Roll" - (b Oct 5 1933)
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#10 Guest_Thor_*

  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:45 PM

M.Lawrenson, on Jul 6 2005, 11:02 AM, said:

maryportfuncity, on Jul 5 2005, 10:21 PM, said:

Interesting speculation for the moment though, who'll go first. Him or Bo Diddley?
The old rocker's sweepstakes stands like this

Chuck Berry - b. 18th Oct 1926 (78)
Fats Domino - b. 26th Feb 1928 (77)
Bo Diddley - b. 30th Dec 1928 (76)
Jerry Lee Lewis - b. 29th Sep 1935 (69)
Little Richard - b. 5th Dec 1935 (69)

As far as I know, they're all still performing.
The Gods of Rock still live and will live forever!!!!

:old:

#11 Guest_Guest_*

  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:57 PM

why bring alleged perv into it u F*****g bastard. show him some respect. hes a true master and his personal life has nothing to do with anyone.

#12 Anubis the Jackal

    Twunt Master

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:09 PM

Guest, on Aug 3 2005, 01:57 PM, said:

why bring alleged perv into it u F*****g bastard. show him some respect. hes a true master and his personal life has nothing to do with anyone.
OK then, i'll show him respect and drop the 'alleged.'

Perv.
Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#13 honez

    I have no life

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:49 PM

Anubis the Jackal, on Aug 3 2005, 11:09 PM, said:

Guest, on Aug 3 2005, 01:57 PM, said:

why bring alleged perv into it u F*****g bastard. show him some respect. hes a true master and his personal life has  nothing to do with anyone.
OK then, i'll show him respect and drop the 'alleged.'
Perv.
:D
Five zombies. Four bullets. Two zombies.

#14 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,041 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:52 PM

It was more than his private life when the law got involved. He lost a fan or two amongst the women he'd videod going to the toilet at his seedy little theme park. How about we combine our view of him and yours and call him a 'Pervert Legend?'
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#15 Rotten Ali

    Value for money

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:56 PM

I would have expected someone to have picked up on the BBC2 Newsnight report on Chuck Berry during this last week. Since he is turning 80, they sent a top music editior & tv crew to track down the old guy and see what he was upto. Well, in the end found that CB was indead going to do another small gig in his own home town of Missouri. Did an interview with his son and daughter, and were asked not to film him but came away with some still photos of the event. He looked moderatley well and if it were indeed a whole set then Chuck does indead have quite a few more years in front of him to look forward to.
Seven down, 43 to go...
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 7/50

#16 The Pooka

    Executioner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:59 PM

View Postmaryportfuncity, on Jul 6 2005, 09:19 AM, said:

Dad: This is grim and I've never seen the tape but I'd refer you to Pamela Des Barres book.

At one point in the section on Chuck Pamela discusses his fairly well known sexual proclivities with reference to a tape she'd seen. In this tape Chuck has fairly normal sex with a groupie and then urinates on her whilst holding a conversation 'How's that piss taste...salty ain't it,' before reversing the roles, placing his face near her bottom and announcing it's time for his breakfast. I trust you get the gist.

Then again, it may be the secret to along and active life in rock. I mean, the man is nearly eighty and still gigging.
...or should that be 'gagging'?

#17 The Pooka

    Executioner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:02 PM

View PostGuest, on Aug 3 2005, 01:57 PM, said:

why bring alleged perv into it u F*****g bastard. show him some respect. hes a true master and his personal life has nothing to do with anyone.

Is that you, Chuck?

#18 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,041 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:41 PM

One thing that's kept Chuck going is is relatively low work rate on stage. As a rule for over thirty years now, he plays less than an hour, virtually always avoids encores and uses pick up bands to run through the same old greatest hits routine, with a few guitar solos thrown in. Less a full-blown gig and more a gentle stroll.
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#19 Guest_Guest_*

  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

I saw Chuck play this summer in St. Louis and have to say the man still has it goin on! Yes, the show was about an hour, but it didn't matter. It was Chuck F'in Berry! Living legend.

#20 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,041 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:17 PM

Cheers Chuck, nice of you to drop in.

The ageing rocker who runs through a predictable and messy set of ancient songs and avoids encores no matter how dedicted the crowd is obviously someone else.
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users