Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

Corin Redgrave

Actor and campaigner Corin Redgrave speaking at Basildon

Actor and political activist Corin Redgrave is in a critical but stable condition in hospital after collapsing while campaigning for a traveller site.

The 65-year-old was addressing Basildon councillors in Essex when he suffered a heart attack on Wednesday evening.

Specially trained police officers restarted Mr Redgrave's heart at the scene before he was taken to hospital.

A spokesman for his agents said: "He is in a critical but stable condition. His family thank all who helped him."

Actor and political activist Corin Redgrave is in a critical but stable condition in hospital after collapsing while campaigning for a traveller site.

Struck down by the old traditional Daily Mail readers curse then?

Gracious goodness me! (Or should that be goodness gracious me!-?) The article says it all.

Georgy Girl's Brother near death

and this completely non-isotopic photo tells us the severity.

learredgrave.jpg

Of course he does have GRAVE in his name so it was bound to happen eventually.

It's bound to happen to EVERYONE eventually.

Not if I am from Clan MacLeod~~Then I can lop off your head and continue to be an immortal.

Saw him at Paddington station a few weeks ago reading his paper with his hands shaking. Then in Charing Cross road looking bad. Solid medium odds bet for 2006.

Saw him at Paddington station a few weeks ago reading his paper with his hands shaking. Then in Charing Cross road looking bad. Solid medium odds bet for 2006.

Were his hands shaking because the man opposite looked middle-Eastern and was wearing a rucksack?? :huh:

Or maybe because he was reading an article about the DL!

What's the state of health of actor Corin Redgrave? He had a massive heart attack some months back. And wasn't he in line to be the next Rumpole of the Bailey?

Not too sure about his state of health, but I know he was released from hospital some months ago.

By the way, there is an existing "Corin Redgrave" thread right here.

[Mods, please merge - Done -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

this is a cynical post by me to get him discussed.... ;)

any recent news anyone would like to share ?

this is a cynical post by me to get him discussed.... ;)

any recent news anyone would like to share ?

From Wikipedia:

In June 2005 he was described by his family as being in a "critical but stable" condition in hospital following a severe heart attack. Corin Redgrave had also been undergoing treatment for cancer.

Minus the cancer, it sounds like Ariel Sharon. :o

Wow, brilliant DDP pick for Grobler's. Unique and joker! Well done.

Wow, brilliant DDP pick for Grobler's. Unique and joker! Well done.

I must apologise for my absence this last year or so...however I had to pay a vist on the sad passing of this over rated actor. Far too much of a leftie for my liking...no then...wheres my favourite Maggie thread....

Completely forgot this piece of classic journalism about CR:

In September 1975, the first of many scandals to hit the [Workers' Revolutionary] party broke when a young actress and WRP member called Irene Gorst told the Observer how obsessive terrors haunted a rebrick Edwardian mansion that Corin Redgrave had bought for the WRP in the Derbyshire countryside. [Party leader Gerry] Healy changed its name from the pastoral ‘White Meadows’ to the insurgent ‘Red House’, and made it the party’s residential training centre, Gorst said. The party banned fraternization with villagers over beers in the local pub. If your children cried outside the lecture hall, you had to wait until the lecture had finished before finding and comforting them. Nothing was to stand in the way of the preparations for the revolution.

…..

She described how an inquisition consisting of Vanessa and Corin Redgrave and two party officials ordered her into a room.

‘They started on me. How long had I been working for Special Branch? Where had I planted the bombs and the drugs? Why did I miss the coach?

‘At first I was very flippant. I would say things like, “Let’s see where did I put the bombs? Was it in the loo? Was it under my bed?”‘

After an hour, she tried to leave. They pushed her back into a chair. ‘Don’t you dare,’ cried a party official. ‘You’re not leaving until we’ve found out what we want to know.’