* * * - - 2 votes

World's Oldest

1181 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Robert Young_*

• Guests

Posted 06 October 2005 - 02:03 AM

Mr Stats, on Dec 29 2003, 06:01 PM, said:

In no way do we pretend to be the best death list, the most successful death list or the definitive word in death lists. It's just our death list and this is how we do it.

Success is measured against how we did it in previous years and for ease of comparison we try to do it the same way each year. i.e. we meet in the pub, argue a lot and then the Grim Reaper goes home and mis-types up the results

I'm happy with that format anyway. Viva the Death List - long may it prosper.
It's a shame that ALL of the below posts are MISINFORMATION.

1. The official 'world's oldest person' has died ONCE, not SIX TIMES, this year. Hendrikje Van Andel's Aug 30 2005 death was preceded by Ramona Trinidad Iglesias-Jordan--May 29 2004. The prior death to that was in Nov 2003.

2. There is no validated 125-year-old.

3. Calment holds the all-time record, but she is no longer living.

4. No official person from 1880.

5. The Dominican claim to age 128 is UNVALIDATED. The "records" were written in the year 2000, that doesn't prove birth in 1875.

:sicktherm:

#42 The Four Horsemen

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:50 PM

It's a shame that ALL of the below posts are MISINFORMATION.

Strange, the only posts below that statement were made by, er, Robert Young. Rather foolish to post statements that you know are misinforming, I would have thought.

The official 'world's oldest person' has died ONCE, not SIX TIMES, this year

With the exception of Jesus, Lazarus and bad comedians, I thought everybody only died once and not six times. Some people obviously just can't make their minds up!
It is surely better to be pissed off than pissed on

#43 Lady Die

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:51 AM

The UK's oldest person has died aged 113
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#44 Cerberus

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:30 AM

I'd take issue with one statement in that report. Surely, anyone who was born before 1901 has lived through the reigns of six monarchs (assuming, of course, that they lived in the UK or a Commonwealth country). They might not be able to recall much of Queen Victoria, though.
"Once you're dead, you're made for life."

attributed to Jimi Hendrix

#45 Cowboy Ronnie

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:58 AM

I was born in Ulan Bator in 1863, and therefore turned 142 this year. Unfortunately all documents relating to my birth and the first 105 years of life were destroyed in a fire.

It's true.

#46 Guest_iain_*

• Guests

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:22 AM

it is physically impossible for a human being to live till 130 i have been informed by a doctor so th at man is lying

#47 Tuber Mirum

Relic of the Golden Age

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:46 PM

Cerberus, on Dec 9 2005, 11:30 AM, said:

I'd take issue with one statement in that report. Surely, anyone who was born before 1901 has lived through the reigns of six monarchs (assuming, of course, that they lived in the UK or a Commonwealth country). They might not be able to recall much of Queen Victoria, though.
She didn't live through the reigns of six monarchs. She was alive during only part of the reigns of Victoria and the present monarch.

In order to live through the reigns of all six, she would have had to have been born at the latest in 1837 and couldn't die until after Elizabeth II dies or abdicates.

#48 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,246 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:54 PM

it is physically impossible for a human being to live till 130 i have been informed by a doctor so th at man is lying

My mother was informed by a doctor that smoking was 'good for your nerves, luv.'

Doctors eh?
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#49 Cerberus

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:20 PM

Notapotato, on Dec 9 2005, 12:46 PM, said:

Cerberus, on Dec 9 2005, 11:30 AM, said:

She didn't live through the reigns of six monarchs. She was alive during only part of the reigns of Victoria and the present monarch.

In order to live through the reigns of all six, she would have had to have been born at the latest in 1837 and couldn't die until after Elizabeth II dies or abdicates.
You're right, of course, but I'm sure the report said "five monarchs" earlier. :lol: In any case it should have been four, in which case someone would only have needed to live from 1900 to 1953, not very impressive really.
"Once you're dead, you're made for life."

attributed to Jimi Hendrix

#50 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:14 PM

iain, on Dec 9 2005, 10:22 AM, said:

i have been informed by a doctor so that man is lying
And you can always trust a doctor.... ;)

Posted Image
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 7/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#51 maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,246 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:48 PM

Re the world's oldest being 'soft' targets. If you hit them I'd guess some of the skinnier ones would be pretty boney. Not exactly soft.
Posted Image

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#52 Tempus Fugit

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:21 PM

Lizzie bolden who was thought to be the worlds oldest person has been knocked off her throne by Maria Esther Capovilla, who is 116.
"I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time."

It's been over 18 months since I was last 100% sober, not a day I want to repeat.

#53 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:57 PM

Tempus Fugit, on Dec 9 2005, 12:21 PM, said:

Lizzie bolden who was thought to be the worlds oldest person has been knocked off her throne by Maria Esther Capovilla, who is 116.
Holy crap, how fascinating. I was going to put Lizzie Bolden on my 2006 DDP, but if she's no longer the world's oldest person, then I doubt she'll get an obit.

I wouldn't put my money on Mrs. Capovilla dying next year either. From that picture, she looks almost as healthy as someone half her age.

Good for you Ecuador, way to stick it to America. ;)
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

#54 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,320 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 02:25 PM

It really isn't a good time for Britain's oldest people is it.

First there was Alfred Anderson, then the Indian born Lucy woman, and now some Polish guy who was thought to be the oldest man living in Britain.

Must be the winter cold setting in....
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 7/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#55 Lady Die

I have no life

• Members
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 01:28 PM

Woman from Ecuador aged 116 is now the world's oldest person.

Photo here

The oldest man ever recorded by Guinness was 120 years old; the oldest woman was 122.

#56 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6,320 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:29 PM

Lady Die, on Dec 12 2005, 12:28 PM, said:

Photo here

The oldest man ever recorded by Guinness was 120 years old; the oldest woman was 122.
Looking at the picture, it looks as though she has failed to recognise the end of the Victorian era. :ghost:
Shadow List 2014.

#57 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:40 PM

Windsor, on Dec 12 2005, 03:29 PM, said:

Photo here

Looking at the picture, it looks as though she has failed to recognise the end of the Victorian era. :ghost:
Poor old thing, it doesn't relize that those hand made fans died
out way over 80 years ago.

The AC may be a bit to cold but if someone installed a
Ceiling fan that certainly wouldn't be a crime. :P

#58 Lady Die

I have no life

• Members
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:01 PM

Banshees Scream, on Dec 12 2005, 03:40 PM, said:

Windsor, on Dec 12 2005, 03:29 PM, said:

Photo here

Poor old thing, it doesn't relize that those hand made fans died
out way over 80 years ago.

The AC may be a bit to cold but if someone installed a
Ceiling fan that certainly wouldn't be a crime. :P
Poor old dear is probably terrified of "that new-fangled electricity".

#59 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:10 PM

Lady Die, on Dec 12 2005, 04:01 PM, said:

Poor old dear is probably terrified of "that new-fangled electricity".
Does she know what electricity means?

#60 Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

Why did they take down all the pictures from when TF posted the Ecuadorian woman article?

I thought she looked healthy for her age. A little too healthy. :ghost:
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users