It's a shame that ALL of the below posts are MISINFORMATION.
In no way do we pretend to be the best death list, the most successful death list or the definitive word in death lists. It's just our death list and this is how we do it.
Success is measured against how we did it in previous years and for ease of comparison we try to do it the same way each year. i.e. we meet in the pub, argue a lot and then the Grim Reaper goes home and mis-types up the results
I'm happy with that format anyway. Viva the Death List - long may it prosper.
1. The official 'world's oldest person' has died ONCE, not SIX TIMES, this year. Hendrikje Van Andel's Aug 30 2005 death was preceded by Ramona Trinidad Iglesias-Jordan--May 29 2004. The prior death to that was in Nov 2003.
2. There is no validated 125-year-old.
3. Calment holds the all-time record, but she is no longer living.
4. No official person from 1880.
5. The Dominican claim to age 128 is UNVALIDATED. The "records" were written in the year 2000, that doesn't prove birth in 1875.