Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

What was DeathList's best death ever?

What Was The Best Death?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i f**ked this up a bit

Yup. ;)

regards,

Hein

The Queen Mum croaked three years ago; not too many of our happy band were on this site then.

The Pope's death is the only one I saw recorded on here.

Very quiet on here today ... so far. ;)

The Queen Mum croaked three years ago; not too many of our happy band were on this site then.

The Pope's death is the only one I saw recorded on here.

Very quiet on here today ... so far.  ;)

What about Sister Lucia, her death generated a few posts and gave us Eileen for a few weeks. Surely you haven't forgotten her already? ;)

Whilst I'm here, can I have my vote again please because now its been put right, I haven't the foggiest idea who I voted for. ;)

What about Sister Lucia, her death generated a few posts and gave us Eileen for a few weeks. Surely you haven't forgotten her already?  ;)

Eileen was brilliant! ;)

Sister Lucia gets my vote.

i f**ked this up a bit

Yup, and I wasn't even here to witness it.

;)

The pope gets my vote, but my second choice would be Rodney Dangerfield.

After twelve appearances, JP2 finally croaked. Now that's what you call will power. He gets my vote!

:unsure:

I'd have to say Uncle Ronnie Reagan was the best one, followed closely by the Pope.

I'd have to say that a couple are my personal favourites... Fred Dib, Emlyn and Sister Lucia especially for the ranting idiots they fired our way straight from the cheeks of google.

But the Ronnie Barker thread was how I first stumbled across DL, so that's got to be my fave. They say you always remember your first, and Ronnie got my cherry.[sigh, how innocent it all was back then...] :unsure:

I first happened upon the DL while looking for info on Kenneth Kendall and have never looked back. He's still alive and running an art gallery in the Isle of Wight, apparently - also never married and significantly bulkier than his newsreading or Treasure Hunt days.........

Best ever for us long-time DL'ers was probably that wild and wacky week back in late summer '97, when Princess Di lived up to her name and then Mother Theresa kicked it a few days later. Not that Diana was on the list, but in terms of interesting deaths, that one remains hard to top. Mother T had been a long-term favourite, and was in at number 2 that year.

I think someone else on the list might have died right around the same time, because I remember being a bit overwhelmed by it all. In a good way.

Best ever for us long-time DL'ers was probably that wild and wacky week back in late summer '97, when Princess Di lived up to her name and then Mother Theresa kicked it a few days later. Not that Diana was on the list, but in terms of interesting deaths, that one remains hard to top. Mother T had been a long-term favourite, and was in at number 2 that year.

I think someone else on the list might have died right around the same time, because I remember being a bit overwhelmed by it all. In a good way.

Georg Solti laid down his baton on the same day Di popped - might be him you're thinking of. All part of my "Deaths come in 3's theory" you see...

My fave death was defitnitly Emlyn Hughes - reaction was just a hoot...

Georg Solti laid down his baton on the same day Di popped -  might be him you're thinking of.  All part of my "Deaths come in 3's theory" you see...

Actually, on further review it was Jeffrey Bernard, who died on Sep 4, 1997, one day before Mother T. But predicting him was a bit simple as there was a play called "Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell" which had run sometime before that, so if all the silly lovies knew he was on his way it was low-hanging fruit for the DL experts.

Here I am, back where it all started. I've posted 2000 times in one year. I screwed up this thread a bit when I created it. Hein was the first to speak and Typhoid Harry made magick.

I've been through alot of times here and I must say

I love them all. :o

I'm going to say Emlyn Hughes.

I wasn't a member back then but I recently read the whole Emlyn thread and it was hilarious.

:o

Soooo...how much influence has the deathlist team actually had in the demise of the best picks? (A dangerous question perhaps.) If you all did have some influence, I'd say they were all very good jobs, because only the most outlandish conspiracy theorists ever mention celebrity deadpools as the dark hand of international conspiracies.

Ah summer 97. I still look back on that time fondly. Don't forget just a few months before we had James Stewart, Robert Mitchum and Versace all buying the farm at that time too. Definitely a vintage year for deaths

Georg Solti laid down his baton on the same day Di popped - might be him you're thinking of. All part of my "Deaths come in 3's theory" you see...

Georg Solti did die around then though. The reason I remember was beacuse the Radio Times did a feature on talking about his kind of week and how he was looking forward to his birthday in October, which of course he never got to celebrate.

The curse of the Radio Times I call it. There have been similar situations with that mag and Lord Litchfield and of course Jill Dando

not sure exactly what's meant by best death ever

Although I would have thought Milton Berle and Dudley Moore would have been a good one, both died on March 27th 2002.