Oral Roberts Evangelist

60 replies to this topic

#1 football_fan

I have no life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:37 PM

Oral Roberts is one of the first American television evangelists and is often ridiculed in many circles due to his outrageous claims and failed prophecies. In the last few years, he has experienced at least 2 heart attacks, undergone heart surgery and now suffers from other health issues. It is surprising that he has lasted this long, but at 87 years old and in failing health he could be meeting his maker soon.
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer".
- Robert Frost

#2 Magere Hein

Film land, Homer!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:48 PM

football_fan, on Apr 8 2005, 05:37 PM, said:

Oral Roberts is one of the first American television evangelists and is often ridiculed in many circles due to his outrageous claims and failed prophecies. In the last few years, he has experienced at least 2 heart attacks, undergone heart surgery and now suffers from other health issues.  It is surprising that he has lasted this long, but at 87 years old and in failing health he could be meeting his maker soon.
Let's hope he and his fellow self-appointed members of God's ground crew follow John Paul II's splendid example.

regards,
Hein
DDP 2014 team The Grey Horde:
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Lys Assia, Sister Wendy Beckett, Ryan Buell Posted Image,Jacques Chirac, Felix Dennis, Aretha Franklin, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Marilyn Horne, Clive James, General Wojciech Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Helmut Kohl, Joseph Kony, Misao Okawa, Bernie Madoff, Robert Mugabe, Julie Newmar, Michael Schumacher

DDP 2014 theme team Minions of Xuleneb:
King Albert II, Princess Beatrix, Prince Bernhard jr, Elco Brinkman, Corry Brokken, Dick Bruna, Raymond Ceulemans, Godfried Danneels, Piet de Jong, Mark Eyskens, Queen Fabiola Of Belgium Posted Image, Jan Janssen, Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg, Wubbo Ockels, Fernando Ricksen, Kees Rijvers, Wim Ruska, Toots Thielemans, Martinus J. G. Veltman, Geert Wilders
This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in — an interesting hole I find myself in — fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'
Douglas Adams on the Anthropic Principle. From The Salmon of Doubt

#3 Rude Kid

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:15 PM

football_fan, on Apr 8 2005, 03:37 PM, said:

Oral Roberts is ... often ridiculed in many circles due to his outrageous claims and failed prophecies.
What, you mean no-one takes the piss out of his name? ;)
Rude Kid
Co-organiser, Derby Dead Pool

#4 honez

I have no life

• Moderators
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:05 PM

Rude Kid, on Apr 9 2005, 05:15 AM, said:

Oral Roberts is ... often ridiculed in many circles due to his outrageous claims and failed prophecies.
What, you mean no-one takes the piss out of his name? ;)
I find that hard to swallow.
(Boom-tisch)
Five zombies. Four bullets. Two zombies.

#5 Cerberus

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:55 PM

Here we go again ... I'm starting to get deja vu ... Deep Throat, Linda Lovelace, Marc Almond etc etc
"Once you're dead, you're made for life."

attributed to Jimi Hendrix

#6 honez

I have no life

• Moderators
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:11 AM

Cerberus, on Apr 9 2005, 09:55 AM, said:

Here we go again ... I'm starting to get deja vu ... Deep Throat, Linda Lovelace, Marc Almond etc etc
...my, my, you have been busy meeting all those celebrities haven't you?
I had no idea you were so popular, but at least now I know why. ;)
Five zombies. Four bullets. Two zombies.

#7 Cerberus

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:19 AM

It's my new avatar they all love ;)

"Dr Waldmann" by Lichtenstein, for all those that are (obviously not) interested.
"Once you're dead, you're made for life."

attributed to Jimi Hendrix

#8 Gunjaman5000

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 03:43 AM

Cerberus, on Apr 8 2005, 11:55 PM, said:

Sounds more like presque vu to me. Oral, he he he, sounds like...
Oral.
They burned the mother down.

#9 eejit

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:22 AM

Fellatio!

(Sorry, I couldn't think of a pun)
DDP 2014 - Billy Graham, Christy Dignam, Clive James, Fidel Castro, Helen Fawkes, Ian Paisley, Kate Granger, Katherine Crowe, Kirk Douglas, Michael Schumacher, Muhammad Ali, Robert Mugabe, Sally Farmiloe, Sam Simon, Scott Putesky, Tito Vilanova, Valerie Harper, Wilko Johnson,Wojciech Jaruzelski, Zsa Zsa Gabor

DPP 2013 77th, 7 deaths - DPP 2012 65th, 5 deaths - DPP 2011 50th, 6 deaths - DPP 2010 57th, 6 deaths - DPP 2009 16th,12 deaths - DPP 2008 18th, 8 deaths - DPP 2007 14th, 8 deaths - DPP 2006 83rd, 3 deaths - DPP 2005 68th, 3 deaths

#10 GracieJc8

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:59 AM

Oral Roberts is one of the first American television evangelists and is often ridiculed in many circles due to his outrageous claims and failed prophecies. In the last few years, he has experienced at least 2 heart attacks, undergone heart surgery and now suffers from other health issues. It is surprising that he has lasted this long, but at 87 years old and in failing health he could be meeting his maker soon.
Quite "oral" I'd say

#11 GracieJc8

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:32 AM

His wife Evelyn died today at 88 in a California hospital of a head injury.

#12 eejit

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

GracieJc8, on May 5 2005, 03:32 AM, said:

His wife Evelyn died today at 88 in a California hospital of a head injury.
Wow, did he impale her?

Apparently you can give too much oral.
DDP 2014 - Billy Graham, Christy Dignam, Clive James, Fidel Castro, Helen Fawkes, Ian Paisley, Kate Granger, Katherine Crowe, Kirk Douglas, Michael Schumacher, Muhammad Ali, Robert Mugabe, Sally Farmiloe, Sam Simon, Scott Putesky, Tito Vilanova, Valerie Harper, Wilko Johnson,Wojciech Jaruzelski, Zsa Zsa Gabor

DPP 2013 77th, 7 deaths - DPP 2012 65th, 5 deaths - DPP 2011 50th, 6 deaths - DPP 2010 57th, 6 deaths - DPP 2009 16th,12 deaths - DPP 2008 18th, 8 deaths - DPP 2007 14th, 8 deaths - DPP 2006 83rd, 3 deaths - DPP 2005 68th, 3 deaths

#13 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:19 PM

He may very well follow in the steps of Lord Callaghan and die within days of his wife.

#14 football_fan

I have no life

• Admin
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:12 AM

Oral Roberts in hospital after breaking hip in fall
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer".
- Robert Frost

#15 Life Begins at 5 o'clock

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:42 AM

Two weeks. Dead wife and broken hip = broken heart + heart condition x the mean rate of inflation in the Pacific Rim - the number of apostles at the last supper + the number of pages in the bible to a factor of 3 / the number of days in creation = April 14.

#16 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,452 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:50 PM

View PostLife Begins at 5 o'clock, on Apr 2 2006, 04:42 AM, said:

Two weeks. Dead wife and broken hip = broken heart + heart condition x the mean rate of inflation in the Pacific Rim - the number of apostles at the last supper + the number of pages in the bible to a factor of 3 / the number of days in creation = April 14.

A soul that should just be claimed if not givin good fortune...

#17 Life Begins at 5 o'clock

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:37 PM

:lol: The clever blurb underneath his name "all talk, no action" His wife said the same thing "He's named Oral" :lol: :lol: :lol:

#18 Life Begins at 5 o'clock

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:39 PM

View PostBanshees Scream, on Apr 2 2006, 06:50 PM, said:

View PostLife Begins at 5 o'clock, on Apr 2 2006, 04:42 AM, said:

A soul that should just be claimed if not givin good fortune...

Forgot to carry a two...the actual date will be June 20.

#19 beebee

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:36 AM

View PostLife Begins at 5 o'clock, on Apr 19 2006, 04:37 PM, said:

:lol: The clever blurb underneath his name "all talk, no action" His wife said the same thing "He's named Oral" :lol: :lol: :lol:

actualy, he is a cousin on my dad's side of the family. he is one of a set of twins. they were named after the thermometers.

#20 BrunoBrimley

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:33 AM

I still cant' seeem to find my commorative plate. I think it had a picture of him at his university or something on it.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users