448 replies to this topic

#1 Crispy

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:53 AM

Paul Hunter,

A great snooker player has sadly been told he has cancer. As always he will be "tenacious and positive" throughout the ordeal.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...ker/4417783.stm

#2 Guest_One Man Jury_*

• Guests

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:00 AM

Crispy, on Apr 7 2005, 12:53 AM, said:

Paul Hunter,

A great snooker player has sadly been told he has cancer. As always he will be "tenacious and positive" throughout the ordeal.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...ker/4417783.stm

"six cysts in his stomach".

Now that's what I call "Snookered".

#3 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:10 PM

i am shocked by this news.I have admired Paul for many years for his ability.I hope he makes it through this terrible disease

#4 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:11 AM

our world is really unfair... He is talented, young and full of strengths, great personallity and simply the best snooker player I know... Paul, we are with you in our thougths, everything definetly is going to be allright..:sicktherm: Smile you nice smile :) , and fight agains that desease as only YOU can... ;)

#5 Terminator

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:27 AM

Guest, on Apr 19 2005, 11:11 AM, said:

our world is really unfair... He is talented, young and full of strengths, great personallity and simply the best snooker player I know... Paul, we are with you in our thougths, everything definetly is going to be allright..:sicktherm: Smile you nice smile :) , and fight agains that desease as only YOU can... ;)
I would agree - in general. Paul Hunter is an excellent snooker player, but not the best.

He also showed little "guts" (understandably) in his losing performance yesterday. ;)

I too hope he recovers.
Ad tabernam festino

#6 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:15 PM

hghfgh fhf hfgh sdfdsfs ghfhfhfh f

Also known as delirium or acute organic brain syndrome

Basics
- affects 10-30% of hospital admissions
- more common in elderly patients

Features - wide variety of presentations
- memory disturbances (loss of short term > long term)
- may be very agitated or withdrawn
- disorientation
- mood change
- visual hallucinations
- disturbed sleep cycle
- poor attention

Types

1. Hello

2. Goodbye

#7 lospalmas7

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:06 PM

I think someone's being 'wacky'. :lol:

#8 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:08 PM

Paul,

I wish you all the best in fighting this evil disease ............. God bless

#9 Guest_Weirdo's_*

• Guests

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:14 PM

Re: the Paul Hunter messages - cheap laughs, well done all of you, so witty, so funny and to the owner of this site the same sentiments, good laugh when it's down the pub after a few drinks if you know it's done in jest, but if you actually devote time to doing this online, you've got serious problems. But of course, no-one will ever know or suspect it's YOU will they??? Very brave of you - see you down the dole queue, loser.

Oh and if you even bother retaliating to this you're an even bigger loser.

#10 Guest_Weirdo's_*

• Guests

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

The last message was not aimed at 'Guest' - just the other w**nkers on this site. But the editor will be so glad to know it's high on Google - well done - what a noble existence you lead, hopefully karma will catch up with you.

#11 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:06 PM

Thank you for those words of wisdom......... now bugger off and annoy some one else :(

Boomshanka
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#12 Dr Strangelove

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:27 AM

Weirdo's, on May 8 2005, 07:20 PM, said:

The last message was not aimed at 'Guest' - just the other w**nkers on this site. But the editor will be so glad to know it's high on Google - well done - what a noble existence you lead, hopefully karma will catch up with you.
Karma catches up with everyone eventually - that's the point.
"Love, friendship, loyalty, kindness - these are all emotions which we applaud, emotions which have been immortialized in the bad couplets of Hallmark Cards and in the verses (I don't dare call it poetry) of Leonard Nimoy." - Stephen King

#13 Guest_kinky_*

• Guests

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

i hope you die u F*****g boring retard

#14 The Four Horsemen

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:17 PM

He's a snooker player, of course he's boring!
It is surely better to be pissed off than pissed on

#15 Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:55 PM

Weirdo's, on May 8 2005, 07:14 PM, said:

Re: the Paul Hunter messages - cheap laughs, well done all of you, so witty, so funny and to the owner of this site the same sentiments, good laugh when it's down the pub after a few drinks if you know it's done in jest, but if you actually devote time to doing this online, you've got serious problems. But of course, no-one will ever know or suspect it's YOU will they??? Very brave of you - see you down the dole queue, loser.

Oh and if you even bother retaliating to this you're an even bigger loser.
Shut up.

(Thats all the time I'm allocating to that one.)
Shadow List 2014.

Wilko Johnson, Muhammed Ali, Helen Fawkes, David Norris, Flora Fraser, Stephen Lewis, Jim Bowen, John Bardon, Albert Reynolds, Rev Billy Graham, Daisy Berkowitz, Wojciech Jaeuzelski, Clive James, Robert Mugabe, George H. W. Bush, Leslie Phillips, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stephen Hawking, Nancy Reagan, Jeremy Thorpe, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Tariq Aziz, Murray Walker, Stuart Hall, Luise Rainer, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Edgar Ray Killen, Prince Philip, Paul O'Grady, Arthur Scargill, Jalal Talabani, Iain Paisley, Mikhail Gorbachez, Sean Connery, Jimmy Greaves, Sir Nicholas Winton, Sam Simon, Derek Fowlds, Pope Benedict XVI, Richard Attenborough, Harlan Ellison, Fidel Castro, Valerie Harper, Saif al-Isam Megrahi, Queen Fabiola, Ariel Sharon, Liz Smith, Bruce Forsyth, Fred Phelps.

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 9/50 Winner of the 2010 Dustpool.

#16 Guest_Jane Guilfoyle_*

• Guests

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

:huh: I am a big Paul Hunter fan, whenever I know that he is playing I can't wait to see him because I like him, love him, and admire him. When I heard that he had cancer, I just couldn't believe that somebody so young could get that awful disease, at first they thought it was cancer of the colon, but I read in this morning's newspaper that it is now leukeamia which is cancer of the blood.

My Dear Paul, Here is a message of sympathy and support in wishing you a speedy recovery, I really want to see you back out there playing snooker in the big tournaments, especially the World Championships at the Cruible in Sheffield where one day I would love to see you collect the World Champions trophy. I know you can win it

All my Love to you and stay positive

#17 football_fan

I have no life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:44 PM

Jane Guilfoyle, on Aug 6 2005, 01:45 PM, said:

first they thought it was cancer of the colon, but I read in this morning's newspaper that it is now leukeamia which is cancer of the blood. 
That is definitely not a good sign!
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer".
- Robert Frost

#18 in eternum+

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:49 PM

If Paul makes it through this year, gets onto the 2006 list, and then snuffs it, would he be the youngest successful DL nominee ever?

Um... I know I could probably find the answer to this myself, but it's a lot easier just to ask. And I'm sure one of you esteemed DeathList members will have the answers at your fingertips!

I quite like Paul Hunter, by the way. I always thought he was a bit of a snooker babe. Until he started wearing the alice band.
Proud to be Old Skool

#19 Tempus Fugit

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:04 AM

"I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time."

It's been over 24 months since I was last 100% sober, not a day I want to repeat.

#20 Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,452 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:38 AM

Tempus Fugit, on Aug 7 2005, 12:04 AM, said:

in eternum+, on Aug 6 2005, 11:49 PM, said:

If Paul makes it through this year, gets onto the 2006 list, and then snuffs it, would he be the youngest successful DL nominee ever?

Um... I know I could probably find the answer to this myself, but it's a lot easier just to ask. And I'm sure one of you esteemed DeathList members will have the answers at your fingertips!

I quite like Paul Hunter, by the way. I always thought he was a bit of a snooker babe. Until he started wearing the alice band.
Yes is the answer, the youngest so far was Helen Rollason in '99,at age 40.
I'm in doubt that anyone famous will die before the age of
40 anytime soon. But there's always the bright side
to things.

Alot of these young actress's have been looking
awful thin lately.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users