Jump to content


- - - - -

Hollywood Possibilities Ready for their close-up, Mr DeMille



465 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_IYG_*

  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:08 AM

I'm bored and I don't want to study about the Cold War anymore at the moment so I'll make this list.

All of these people are over 85 years old and might be getting close to meeting their maker.

Art Linkletter - born 1912
Joey Bishop - born 1918
John Forsythe - born 1918
Celeste Holm - born 1919
Robert Wise - born 1914
Michelangelo Antonioni - born 1912
Lewis Gilbert - born 1920

Ok, better get back to studying now.

#2 Guest_Theo_*

  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:30 PM

Something I'm sure that will interest you guys here... the current issue of UK magazine GQ has a feature on Hollywood's surviving leading men. They've all been captured by a top photographer. My mind seems to have gone blank, but Mickey Rooney and Kurt Douglas are in there. As well as... Sir John Mills! Poor guy - dead by the time the article came to print!

#3 Banshees Scream

    Dwarf tosser

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:48 AM

It would make it interesting if John Mills keeps up the trend and sets the example for other Hollywood types just as many others have done before.

#4 Lady Die

    I have no life

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:34 PM

Theo, on May 22 2005, 12:30 AM, said:

Something I'm sure that will interest you guys here... the current issue of UK magazine GQ has a feature on Hollywood's surviving leading men. They've all been captured by a top photographer. My mind seems to have gone blank, but Mickey Rooney and Kurt Douglas are in there. As well as... Sir John Mills! Poor guy - dead by the time the article came to print!
Who's Kurt Douglas? Any relation to Kirk Douglas?
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#5 lospalmas7

    Shipman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:18 PM

No, I think he meant Kurt Douglas Geotechnical Engineering Lecturer at the University of New South Wales and author of Analysis of Concrete and Masonry Dam Incidents.

#6 Lady Die

    I have no life

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

lospalmas7, on May 23 2005, 06:18 PM, said:

No, I think he meant Kurt Douglas Geotechnical Engineering Lecturer at the University of New South Wales and author of Analysis of Concrete and Masonry Dam Incidents.
There's no mention of Kurt's Hollywood career on that website
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#7 lospalmas7

    Shipman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:50 PM

janeo, on May 24 2005, 01:41 PM, said:

There's no mention of Kurt's Hollywood career on that website
He doesn't like to look boastful.

#8 rincad

    Pointless Ranter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:30 AM

I think Kurt Douglas is a relative of the very famous Eric Douglas.... :o

#9 rincad

    Pointless Ranter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:33 AM

Just like Margaret Loren, who is the sister of the equally famous Dorothy Loren...

#10 Lady Die

    I have no life

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:23 PM

rincad, on May 25 2005, 12:30 PM, said:

I think Kurt Douglas is a relative of the very famous Eric Douglas.... :o
Eric was Kirk's son .... not sure about the connection with Kurt

http://slick.org/dea...e/msg01398.html
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#11 Guest_Theo_*

  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:31 PM

Okay, I meant Kirk Douglas. Let's face it, he's hardly the most famous man in the world these days, is he?

#12 eejit

    Bomber

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:12 PM

lospalmas7, on May 23 2005, 05:18 PM, said:

... author of Analysis of Concrete and Masonry Dam Incidents.
hmmm, that just doesn't hold water. :o
DDP 2014 - Billy Graham, Christy Dignam, Clive James, Fidel Castro, Helen Fawkes, Ian Paisley, Kate Granger, Katherine Crowe, Kirk Douglas, Michael Schumacher, Muhammad Ali, Robert Mugabe, Sally Farmiloe, Sam Simon, Scott Putesky, Tito Vilanova, Valerie Harper, Wilko Johnson, Wojciech Jaruzelski, Zsa Zsa Gabor

DPP 2013 77th, 7 deaths - DPP 2012 65th, 5 deaths - DPP 2011 50th, 6 deaths - DPP 2010 57th, 6 deaths - DPP 2009 16th,12 deaths - DPP 2008 18th, 8 deaths - DPP 2007 14th, 8 deaths - DPP 2006 83rd, 3 deaths - DPP 2005 68th, 3 deaths

#13 Death Watch Beatle

    I Need To Get A Life!

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 06:39 AM

Well Done IYG!

Robert Wise was an inspired suggestion.

DWB ;)

#14 Harvester Of Souls

    Assassin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 06:52 AM

IYG, on Apr 3 2005, 06:08 AM, said:

I'm bored and I don't want to study about the Cold War anymore at the moment so I'll make this list.

All of these people are over 85 years old and might be getting close to meeting their maker.

Art Linkletter - born 1912
Joey Bishop - born 1918
John Forsythe - born 1918
Celeste Holm - born 1919
Robert Wise - born 1914
Michelangelo Antonioni - born 1912
Lewis Gilbert - born 1920

Ok, better get back to studying now.
Charlton Heston - born 1924

http://www.nndb.com/...e/961/000022895

He's not 85 but he has got Alzheimers and prostate cancer.

Apologies if it's on another thread but the Possibilities For 2006 thread is upto 37 pages on my preferences and I really can't be arsed going through it all as this is probably going to be merged anyway. ;)

Necrophilia. The Unrivaled Feeling Of Cracking Open A Cold One.

#15 Anubis the Jackal

    Twunt Master

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:36 AM

Harvester Of Souls, on Sep 15 2005, 07:52 AM, said:

Charlton Heston - born 1924

http://www.nndb.com/...e/961/000022895

He's not 85 but he has got Alzheimers and prostate cancer.
Good job he hasn't got....

What was it again?
Pardon me but I got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while I disappear

#16 The Four Horsemen

    Assassin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:24 AM

Wasn't he the one on the bus with Martin Luther King or something?
It is surely better to be pissed off than pissed on

#17 Guest_IYG_*

  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:17 PM

Death Watch Beatle, on Sep 15 2005, 06:39 AM, said:

Well Done IYG!

Robert Wise was an inspired suggestion.

DWB :lol:
Bastard couldn't wait a bit longer? I was going to put him on my list next year.

#18 maryportfuncity

    Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:08 AM

Time we dragged this little list back up top and thought about it again.
Posted Image


Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.

#19 Guest_Guest_*

  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:16 PM

IYG, on Apr 3 2005, 05:08 AM, said:

I'm bored and I don't want to study about the Cold War anymore at the moment so I'll make this list.

All of these people are over 85 years old and might be getting close to meeting their maker.

Art Linkletter - born 1912
Joey Bishop - born 1918
John Forsythe - born 1918
Celeste Holm - born 1919
Robert Wise - born 1914
Michelangelo Antonioni - born 1912
Lewis Gilbert - born 1920

Ok, better get back to studying now.
Kirk Douglas b. 1916- will be 90 in 2006.

Heston sounds like a good pick
Keep Liz Taylor and Wyman and Olivia on.

#20 MyBrainHurts2

    Shipman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:26 PM

Don Knotts - even though he's not 85, he's had complications after having a bowel resection, has macular degeneration and has been deemed too frail to travel.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.




Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users