7. Chapman Pincher Journalist/Investigator

40 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pip chapman pincher_*

• Guests

Posted 22 February 2004 - 12:16 PM

i find this web site mean towards the people who you are predicting to die and their families. how would any of you like to log on to a web site and see that people were predicting you of a relation of yours to die by the end of the year. he is alive and well and has a years left in him.

#2 Guest_Arnold_*

• Guests

Posted 22 February 2004 - 03:00 PM

Indeed he is... and a fervent writer of letters to the Telegraph. He may have retired many years ago but hopefully he hasn't lost the irreverent sense of humour which is traditional among Fleet Street writers. Why not ask him if he minds? I'd be very suprised if he did.

#3 Grim Reaper

Post-Twunt

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 10:41 PM

Well as I have said before, the site's primary objective is not to offend however by its nature it may offend some. Unfortunately a site predicting celebrities we think will survive the whole year just doesnt quite have the same attraction.

Chapman has only appeared on the list once - in 2001 - so in fact we now also have full confidence in his longevity and I wish him all the very best.

#4 Mr Stats

Sniper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:46 PM

Dear Reaper

I don't think Cowboy Ronnie is on message with the "let's not offend anyone" mission statement

I suspect he's bitter that none of his family will ever be famous enough to have their deaths speculated on. Assuming any of them still talk to him.

Mr Stats

#5 Grim Reaper

Post-Twunt

• Admin
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 10:22 PM

Well Im not sure about that.
I hear Cowboy Ronnie is lying low for a while as its too wild out here!

#6 The Yeti

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:12 PM

Who the hell is Chapman Pincher ?? ;)
life, n : the whim of several billion cells to be with you for a while.

Dodo deado, Dodi deado, Di deado, Dando deado ... Surely Dido's looking dodgy ?

Despite the high cost of living, it still seems popular.

#7 Stayin Alive

Executioner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:15 AM

I have to say it's all to easy these days to find out, unless of course you are a luddite, but I have to confess I don't know who the hell he is either.

#8 Guest_Arnold_*

• Guests

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:04 AM

He's a former defence/Whitehall correspondent in Fleet St. Now in his late 80s and extremely fit and active. I think he must have been a bit of a 'wild card' entry, unless the Death List Committee had an inside steer on a particularly nasty bout of influenza he was suffering at the time. Maybe a heart by-pass? However, he is well enough to get himself extremely vexed about domestic security matters and pen stiff letters to the Daily Telegraph.

#9 Guest_teabag_*

• Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:26 AM

He is my late fathers cousin type relative, he used to spend time as a child at my granparents houes, a tiny 2 up 2 down in featherstone.

#10 BrunoBrimley

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:52 PM

View Postteabag, on Jul 20 2005, 11:26 AM, said:

He is my late fathers cousin type relative, he used to spend time as a child at my granparents houes, a tiny 2 up 2 down in featherstone.
You don't say?!

If this be true then tell us what sort of furnishings the abode contained.....

DAy is deterioratin' into evengtide and the ice cream is-a-calling...

#11 Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:15 AM

And without a post in this thread during 2007 you chaps bring him in a number 10?

Strange!
Three down, 47 to go...
DL Shadow List: King Abdullah, Muhammad Ali, Sir Richard Attenborough, Tariq Aziz, Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Benn, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Sid Caeser, Fidel Castro, George Cole, Katherine Crowe, Liz Dawn, Bob Dole, Kirk Douglas, Jean Claude Duvalier, Queen Fabiola of Belgium, Louis Farrakhan, Aretha Franklin, Zsa Zsa Gabor, James Garner, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mikhail Gorbachev, Billy Graham, King Harald V of Norway, Valerie Harper, Joao Havelange, Stephen Hawking, Jimmy Hill, Clive James, Yahya Jammeh, General Jaruzelski, Wilko Johnson, Casey Kasem, Stan Lee, Jerry Lee Lewis, Penny Marshall, T O N Mbasogo, Mary Tyler Moore, Hosni Mubarak, Ian Paisley, Nancy Reagan, Albert Reynolds, Ariel Sharon, Sam Simon, Jeremy Thorpe, Gough Whitlam, Lee Kuan Yew, Michael York & Jiang Zemin. 3/50

#12 Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:59 AM

It's good to see a journalist in the list. There were three or four prominent journo deaths last year:
Richard Stott, Ian Wooldridge and Nigel Dempster, not to mention Bill Deedes.

Among those to watch out for in future are Lord Rees-Mogg, Sir Harold Evans and Keith Waterhouse.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#13 mr.c

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:46 AM

Nigel Demster Theres a surprise

#14 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

Just found this article from a couple of weeks ago, doesn't say anything about his current health

#15 Phantom

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

working on a new book

#16 TAFKAG

Twombly of Twimbledon Common

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

View PostPhantom, on Sep 17 2009, 02:56 PM, said:

He looks spritely in that clip. I'd drop him, along with Lee, King, Wallach, Seve and Havel.

~ O Sting, where is thy death? ~

#17 USFuneralDirector

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

View PostThe Yeti, on Feb 25 2004, 09:12 PM, said:

Who the hell is Chapman Pincher ?? :)

That's what I would like to know........

#18 bobsyeruncle

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

He's really old. Isn't that enough for the pool? ;-)
Shadow List 2013
1. Bernie Nolan, 2. Van Cliburn, 3. Reg Presley 4. George Beverly Shea, 5. Rise Stevens, 6. Erich Priebke, 7. Laszlo Csatary, 8. Robert Mugabe, 9. Fidel Castro, 10. Ronnie Biggs, 11. Fred Phelps, 12. Chopper Read, 13. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, 14. Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 15. John Derbyshire, 16. Chapman Pincher, 17. Zsa Zsa Gabor, 18. Kirk Douglas, 19. Jerry Maren, 20. Dora Bryan, 21. Bonnie Franklin, 22. Carla Laemmle, 23. Luise Rainer, 24. Douglas Slocombe, 25. Norman Lloyd, 26. Gough Whitlam, 27. Nelson Mandela, 28. George HW Bush, 29. Ariel Sharon, 30. Ralph Klein, 31. Ian Paisley, 32. Helmut Kohl, 33. Vo Nguyen Giap, 34. Sir Morgan Morgan-Giles, 35. Prince Mikasa, 36. Sir Henry Cecil, 37. Kamala (wrestler), 38. Walter Walsh, 39. Rochus Misch, 40. Mikhail Kalashnikov, 41. Jozef Kowalski, 42. Reg Dean, 43. Alice Herz-Sommer, 44. Leopold Engleitner, 45. Clive James, 46. Alexander Imich, 47. Robert R. Bowie, 48. Leif Garrett, 49. Lindsay Lohan, 50. Justin Bieber

21/50

#19 Bibliogryphon

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

This thread is really quiet.

His last book was published in 2009 but he is most famous because of his association with Peter Wright and the Spycatcher affair
"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"

2013 DDP Teams:

Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team)
I Can't Believe They're Not Deader
Unusual Suspects

#20 msc

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Pincher isn't really deserving of much thread activity.
2014 Pan Breed DDP – S Simon (joker), S Farmiloe, W Johnson, C Kasem, V Harper, G Cole, G Garcia Marquez, P Rice, J Hill, L Dawn, A Briggs, J vd Westhuizen, C Woodhead, C Moncrieff, T Benn, R Buell, I Watkins, H Fawkes, A Reynolds, J McGinniss

Other pools – J McVie, P Worsthorne, V Campbell, S Caesar, L Rainer, R Mugabe, P Wyngarde, K Douglas, G Whitlam, S Hall, A Franklin, R Attenborough, GHW Bush, H Kissinger, E Wallach, B Reynolds, J Garner, N Reagan, H Kessler, G Saks, L Ferlinghetti, O Chadwick, R Asherson, K Ollerenshaw, F Phelps, W Jaruzelski, G Amorth, H McCullough, F Dyson, C Pincher, O Pooley, C Townes, D Slocombe, A Hiller, F Bough, RR Shaw, A Imich, C Hollingworth, S Gall, Ghiggia, C Irving, FGD Jean, H Gregg, F Domino, B Kerr, P MacNee, C Yeager, R Suart, P Maxwell Davies, J Havelange, J de Cuellar, P Dimmock, G Ure, C Mitchelmore, J Nott, H Wouk, J Freeman, M Wilson, T Docherty, P Fox, G Howe, L Cosgrave, N Lawson, B Clemens, K Evren, RK Murray, M Soares, P Vaughan, R Baker, P Lally, L Smith, A Suarez, P Robbins, I Kanarek, IM Pei, ER Killen, J Ramsey, P de Jong, A Rhett, V Gagne. = combined 8/100

2013: 28/100
2012: 25/100
Shadow Deathlist 2011- 10/50

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users