Sign in to follow this  
Slave to the Grave

Stuart Hall

Stuart Hall is 75 and a dedicated smoker who has been bemoaning smoking bans in football stadia. He claims to be able to keep up with his 38 year old son when they play football.

How long can this hyperactive septegenarian smoker carry on?

Random fact about Stuart Hall: he once fell asleep whilst sunbathing in the nude and suffered quite bad burns to his todger. My dad was working for the local rag at the time and one of his colleagues covered the story, but the editor wouldn't print it. Shame really - as he said, they could've used the headline "It's a Cockout". :unsure:

• Like 1

Another fact: Near Princes Risborough in Buckinghamshire you can hire Stuart Hall - for parties or jumble sales - needs a coat of paint though!

DWB :unsure:

Yet another 'interesting' fact....he allegedly used to own a company called Stuart Hall International Travel....an appropriate accronym....dont know how true that is though, but I will try to find out..!!

Guest Guest

Indeed he did own a travel company... Stuart Hall Travel. they were a chain of travel agents based in Lancs.

It appears that Stuart Hall's co-host on Its a Knockout, slipper eating Eddie Waring, may be making a comeback from beyond the grave.

Beleaguered rugby league commentator Ray French, has allegedly been attending seances conducted by medium Drusilla Nightshade in which the spirit of the late Eddie has been succesfully invoked in an attempt to save Mr French's career. Apparently Eddie was quite hard to find in the spirit world as he is just as unintelligible after death as he was in life.

Eddie's comeback

Does anyone have information on former "It's a Knockout" host, Stuart Hall?

I remember he briefly persented a tv quiz show called "Pub Quiz" which was shown very early in the mornings, but other than that I've not seen him grace the tv screens

Edited by football_fan

He used to make regular reports on Manchester City football matches for the BBC. He definately reported on Final Score and I think he also reports on radio.

DWB B)

Still on Radio 5 Live, still referring to the classics when describing a 0-0 draw at Sunderland, still as mad as a hatful of newts.

Wasn't he done for shoplifting at some point too?

Wasn't he done for shoplifting at some point too?

Sausages and batteries according to TV Cream, what a bad man he is. ;)

Nowadays you can hear him on Five Live on Saturday afternoons, contributing increasingly deranged reports from the day's football matches on SPORT ON FIVE. Some people reckon that Stuart writes his reports in advance and simply works the match incidents in between them, and it wouldn't be surprising.

The above from TV Cream, I'd agree with this. He's out of touch and out of time with the other reporters who seem to have been watching the game whilst he seems to spend every Saturday - if not the rest of his time - in some altered state of consciousness.

The above from TV Cream, I'd agree with this. He's out of touch and out of time with the other reporters who seem to have been watching the game whilst he seems to spend every Saturday - if not the rest of his time - in some altered state of consciousness.

Thank god for that. Given the ineptitudes and banality of the brain dead "journalists" who are on the radio today, Stuart Hall is a legend and long may he live

Thank god for that. Given the ineptitudes and banality of the brain dead "journalists" who are on the radio today, Stuart Hall is a legend and long may he live

I concur wholeheartedly, Ernie. Aa a regular listener to Radio 5 Live on saturdays during game-time, I can state categorically that his half-time/full-time match reports are the only interesting thing broadcast, and the only sign that anyone on Radio 5 Live can be arsed to say anything vaguely original or amusing. So what if his flowery similies are worked out beforehand? That doesn't detract in any way from his ability to put life and meaning into his descriptions of what can, at times, be a phenomenally dull game.

I'd much rather have Stuart Hall telling me that "the striker whirled like a turbo-charged dervish in the box to confuse and confound his opponents, before making contact with the ball like the firing-pin of a Howitzer and sending it thundering into the net which rippled, Tsunami-like, from end to end. 1-0 to the visitors!" than f*cking Mark Bright saying "he's under pressure from the defenders but he's scored with his left foot. 1-0."

As this post marks my quintillionth consecutive "no news, just a sly comment" post, I'll shut up for a while now. I hope Stuart Hall, however, keeps rambling on brilliantly, nonsensically, for years to come.

I'd much rather have Stuart Hall telling me that "the striker whirled like a turbo-charged dervish in the box to confuse and confound his opponents, before making contact with the ball like the firing-pin of a Howitzer and sending it thundering into the net which rippled, Tsunami-like, from end to end. 1-0 to the visitors!" than f*cking Mark Bright saying "he's under pressure from the defenders but he's scored with his left foot. 1-0."

I also concur, young SC.

Though I also liked David Coleman's "no nonsense, tell it as it is" trademark of saying the score as a goal went in.

So even if the goalkeeper had run the entire length of the pitch, beating all the opponents, flicked the ball up & scored with an overhead kick, Coleman would simply say "1-0". :)

Those were the days.

Random fact about Stuart Hall: he once fell asleep whilst sunbathing in the nude and suffered quite bad burns to his todger. My dad was working for the local rag at the time and one of his colleagues covered the story, but the editor wouldn't print it. Shame really - as he said, they could've used the headline "It's a Cockout". :unsure:

Maybe a burnt todger was karma for raping all those people/kids/women/men/ goats, whoever he raped.

666 posts spooky ok not really.

I bagsy the first 'It's a Cock-out' joke.

You're about 7 years too late (see post prior to yours), but I bagsy the first 'mini'-marathon joke.

Guest Guest

Jimmy Saviles suddenly getting a lot of competition.. :(

I bagsy the first 'It's a Cock-out' joke.

You're about 7 years too late (see post prior to yours), but I bagsy the first 'mini'-marathon joke.

Oh fuck, sorry, I was so shocked it obviously affected my vision......Minja Warrior then?

When I think of Stuart Hall, you can't help but think........

"This is voice of God"

Jese that programme got me through that many Tuesday nights at work!

Note- Davina McCall in an earlier life!

Edit- I'd forgotten the rules of picking your favorite. Rather aptly.

"Prepare to stand by your Man"

PS the Tranny didn't win overall as I recall. :D

Edit edit---------Stuart left from being the "Voice of God" to be replaced by? Jimmy Saville!!!!

• Like 1

Stuart Hall needs to get the best Public Relations man he can to help clear his name. I wonder how busy Max Cliiford is?

• Like 2

When I think of Stuart Hall, you can't help but think........

"This is voice of God"

Jese that programme got me through that many Tuesday nights at work!

Note- Davina McCall in an earlier life!

Edit- I'd forgotten the rules of picking your favorite. Rather aptly.

"Prepare to stand by your Man"

PS the Tranny didn't win overall as I recall. :D

Edit edit---------Stuart left from being the "Voice of God" to be replaced by? Jimmy Saville!!!!

Fuck me was Davina on Class A drugs or something??? Noisy shouty twat