Death in Vegas

Time Added

Why is it that this makes me think of Quidditch? :pop:

It raises more question: do the players employ supernatural means to score? Are plays like the Trinity Kick or the Holy Cross allowed? Can the crowd pray effectively for redemption of a player who's sent off?

regards,

Hein

I believe 'Hail Mary' passes are de rigeur.
  • Like 1

Timo Konietzka, the man who scored the first goal in the Bundesliga (for Borussia Dortmund 23-8-63) has died at his home in Zurich, with 'Exit' being credited with the assist.

The last of West Bromwich Albion's 1954 FA Cup winning team Ray Barlow, has died aged 85.

He won one cap for England was named in the Baggies top 16 players of all time.

John Souza

Striker for the US team that famously shocked England 1 - 0 in the 1950 World Cup has died aged 91. This follows on from his team-mate Harry Keough's death last month. Now only keeper Frank Borghi and midfielder Walter Bahr remain from the 11 that played for the US that day.

John Souza

Striker for the US team that famously shocked England 1 - 0 in the 1950 World Cup has died aged 91. This follows on from his team-mate Harry Keough's death last month. Now only keeper Frank Borghi and midfielder Walter Bahr remain from the 11 that played for the US that day.

/me hums The Liberty Bell.

Oh, wrong John Sousa.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

For those of you who weren't watching the match, Fabrice Muamba just collapsed during the Bolton/Spurs game and the BBC report he is "fighting for his life".

For those of you who weren't watching the match, Fabrice Muamba just collapsed during the Bolton/Spurs game and the BBC report he is "fighting for his life".

was shocking to see very disturbing . He was not breathing when he left the pitch I think if it was good news we would of heard by now they are probably still working on him very sad he is only 23 aswell.

He is in a stable condition now

I hope he is OK

Are heart attacks the new snoods? :referee:

In the midst of all these heart-attacks, Estanislao Basora, one of Spain's greatest strikers, and a former DDP pick, died last week. Surprisingly, no UK or English speaking media have picked up on it at all. A couple of posts previous to this mentions Souza of the USA, who died just before Basora. Souza scored one to Basora's two in the 1950 Spain-USA clash. An obit in Spanish - http://www.lavanguardia.com/deportes/futbol/20120316/54270177440/basora.html

Muamba apparently making rudimentary conversational noises and basic movements of his leg. Given his Premiership pedigree and the current profligate spending in Dorset I expect him to be in an AFC Bournemouth shirt by the end of the week!

Its the Old Scum derby tomorrow

The dirty Tim Jakeys could win the league if they beat the dirty Hun Jakeys. Either way it is all going to kick off.

A man who fitted more into his 65 years than most entire football teams fit into their history, Giorgio Chinaglia, Italian international striker, Welsh speaker, troller of Pele and associate of the Camorra, has died of a stroke.

Jose Maria Zarraga

The former Real Madrid player who was part of the team that won 5 European Cups between 1956 and 1960 has died aged 81. Only his team-mate Francisco Gento, who won 6, surpasses that record.

Alfredo di Stefano and Paolo Maldini have also won 5 European Cups / Champions Leagues.

Dubravko Pavličić , a croatian fottballer died today aged 44 . Wikipedia said he died after a long illness I can't seem to find what the illness was though.

http://en.wikipedia....li%C4%8Di%C4%87

Happy 90th Birthday to The Preston Plumber, Sir Tom Finney

Ex-Aston Villa player, then later BBC reporter Larry Canning has reportedly died - no link yet...

Ex-Aston Villa player, then later BBC reporter Larry Canning has reportedly died - no link yet...

Died of Vascular Dementia. Does that mean his blood vessels stopped recognising its loved ones when they came around to visit ?