Great minds. I was thinking the same thing earlier this afternoon but feared the wrath of the 'quality' posters.

I think that she should get a place on next years list should she still be in the same predicament.

Look at Anna Nicole Smith this year. It quite difficult to predict a drugs death to a year.

I still say she'll kill herself.

What would the odds be on a husband and wife combo suicide?

Arthur and Cynthia Koestler did it back in the 1980s.

I doubt that Art and his missus were in the habit of cutting themselves to pieces, gobbling down any narcotics they could lay their hands on and kicking seven shades of shite out of each other...

But you never know.

Arthur and Cynthia Koestler did it back in the 1980s.

I doubt that Art and his missus were in the habit of cutting themselves to pieces, gobbling down any narcotics they could lay their hands on and kicking seven shades of shite out of each other...

But you never know.

That last bit could be true. Isn't he the one who raped Michael Foot's wife and was know to be a wife beater?

Garrett Hardin and his wife did it as members of the Hemlock Society.

Favourite Hardin quote:

"Freedom to breed is intolerable."

Yeah, but Amy and her other half have obviously seen the Sid and Nancy movie. It's deju vu time for Sex Pistol's fans at the moment.

Yeah, but Amy and her other half have obviously seen the Sid and Nancy movie. It's deju vu time for Sex Pistol's fans at the moment.

I think its unlikely that Amy is going to murder her less famous husband then top herself. I dont see the Sex Pistols connection :P

I think its unlikely that Amy is going to murder her less famous husband then top herself. I dont see the Sex Pistols connection :P

WHAT?

Two conspicious train-wrecks on a path to mutually assured destruction, thinking it all so rock 'n roll and glamorous, I'd say there's more than a passing resemblance. The main differences are that these two are married and the 'musical' half of the partnership has some genuine talent. Oh aye, and - as of the present - Winehouse and her hanger-on scumbag are still breathing.

Well she'd certainly be a valuable pick on DDP. But there are a lot less rock'n'roll drug deaths now than there once were. In the sixties/seventies (including 1980) there were Hendrix, Moon, Joplin, Belushi, Vicious, Scott and many many more. The only two modern ones I can think of are River Phoenix and Cobain, and I think both of those are more than 10 years ago. I don't include Michael Hutchence as I believe it is fairly clear that he died from an overdose of wanking, which is not a classified substance or indeed activity.

I would suggest the reasons for this decline in drug deaths is most drug deaths are caused not by excessive consumption but by inappropriate quality/dosage, not knowing how to react when it goes wrong, lack of knowledge on how to take drugs. Nowadays knowledge levels and drug quality are much better so fewer deaths.

Indeed huge numbers of people have taken hard drugs for decades without dying eg Bowie, Richards (Keith not Cliff). Although it is rumoured that Cliff once did a tequila shot off Sue Barker's belly button.

Anyway, I'd say that Amy's death is unlikely to be soon unless she is actively looking to top herself and uses drugs to help with that.

Guest Guest
Well she'd certainly be a valuable pick on DDP. But there are a lot less rock'n'roll drug deaths now than there once were. In the sixties/seventies (including 1980) there were Hendrix, Moon, Joplin, Belushi, Vicious, Scott and many many more. The only two modern ones I can think of are River Phoenix and Cobain, and I think both of those are more than 10 years ago.

Funny, I was sure Kurt Nobrain died of lead poisoning rather than an overdose.

Anyway, I'd say that Amy's death is unlikely to be soon unless she is actively looking to top herself and uses drugs to help with that.

£10 says she is gone before the new year :dead3:

So...Winehouse...naked...with a syringe hanging out of her foot...still 'doable' or not?

I'm voting yes, although of course I'd be wearing a condom. On my personal syringe.

Cheers,

BHB

So...Winehouse...naked...with a syringe hanging out of her foot...still 'doable' or not?

I'm voting yes, although of course I'd be wearing a condom. On my personal syringe.

Cheers,

BHB

She's so skinny. There's nothing to her. She looked better three years ago.

As for whether she'll die young, there's a fair chance. Certainly not certain, but certainly a possibility!

:crossbone:

It's the Mercury Prize tonight. I hope Ames shows up and, in a way and given the dismal opposition, I hope she wins too.

There's a snowball in hell's chance of either happening.

At least I've heard of her, unlike most of those listed on the 12 strong "short"list. Although I get the impression the Mercury voters are the type to immediately discount anyone as soon as more than half of the British public have heard of 'em.

It's the Mercury Prize tonight. I hope Ames shows up and, in a way and given the dismal opposition, I hope she wins too.

There's a snowball in hell's chance of either happening.

At least I've heard of her, unlike most of those listed on the 12 strong "short"list. Although I get the impression the Mercury voters are the type to immediately discount anyone as soon as more than half of the British public have heard of 'em.

My mystic powers are working as well as ever, as Ms W shows up at the Grosvenor. That £20k prize'd buy a fair amount of skag so she's obviously hopeful of a result.

Edit: indie schmindie wins the day in the shape of the fucken Klaxons. Amy has begun a consolation binge.

f**k-all wrong with her that a decently-buil;t spoliff and a calm line of smack wouldn't cure. all back to mine, Amy>?

Edit; there goes my 701 posting limit. blooody mary!

f**k-all wrong with her that a decently-buil;t spoliff and a calm line of smack wouldn't cure. all back to mine, Amy>?

Edit; there goes my 701 posting limit. blooody mary!

Decently built spliff?

I admire the sentiment, old chum, but at the mo it would rather appear that you are having trouble constructing a decent sentence.

Perhaps one should postpone thinking about boffing the delectably tattooed skag head for an evening.

Cheers,

BHB

nah she aint gonna die yet.......she probably want to go in the 27 club

Roger Daltrey would put her on his CPDP, apparentely.

Pete Doherty too..

"There's a bathroom floor waiting somewhere for him"