Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Billy Powell, long serving keyboard player with Lynyrd Skynyrd, has died at the age of 56. ;)
  • Like 1

Billy Powell, long serving keyboard player with Lynyrd Skynyrd, has died at the age of 56. :unsure:

Not a band blessed with the best of luck, now their bass player Ean Evans has died at 48.

Billy Powell, long serving keyboard player with Lynyrd Skynyrd, has died at the age of 56. :closedeyes:

Not a band blessed with the best of luck, now their bass player Ean Evans has died at 48.

A bit tenuous I suppose, but ex-Lynyrd Skynyrd backing singer Jo Jo Billingsley has died of cancer. In other Confederate rock news, Gregg Allman's had a liver transplant.

Never mind, I'm sure the South shall rise again.

Gary Rossington's mug shot from his DUI a few years ago kinda looks like an indie album cover circa 2003

skynyrdmug1.jpg

• Like 1

Leonard Skinner, who inspired the name of Lynyrd Skynyrd, has died aged 77.

A hit for Grendel's Graveyard if the right obit is found...

Guest Guest_Lady grendel_*

Thank you DDT, but I think the thanks are due to you as I am sure you mentioned him before and and I remembered you talking about him somewhere on DL when I hastily set up a team on Hogmanay 2008 and used much the same team when submitting my entry on Hogmanay 2009, a team I nearly never submittted! Just checked in to have a look at how DL is as I am quite ill at the moment and really have not been on nor do I expect to be on for a while, and was surprised to find I have a unique hit. Sad to see Leonard go but his name will live on and what a way to have it engraved in rock history.

A little bit of classic

, who can beat this...........

Thank you DDT, but I think the thanks are due to you as I am sure you mentioned him before and and I remembered you talking about him somewhere on DL when I hastily set up a team on Hogmanay 2008 and used much the same team when submitting my entry on Hogmanay 2009, a team I nearly never submittted! Just checked in to have a look at how DL is as I am quite ill at the moment and really have not been on nor do I expect to be on for a while, and was surprised to find I have a unique hit. Sad to see Leonard go but his name will live on and what a way to have it engraved in rock history.

A little bit of classic

, who can beat this...........

Get well soon, LG...

Drummer David "Frankie" Toler, who thumped the tubs for the Allman Brothers Band (albeit long after their prime), the Gregg Allman Band and the Marshall

Tucker Band has died at the age of 59, having been unwell for some time following a problematic liver transplant.

Southern Man Gone West

Drummer David "Frankie" Toler, who thumped the tubs for the Allman Brothers Band (albeit long after their prime), the Gregg Allman Band and the Marshall

Tucker Band has died at the age of 59, having been unwell for some time following a problematic liver transplant.

Southern Man Gone West

And now David Toler's brother Dan Toler, who also played in the Allman Brothers Band, has announced he is suffering from ALS disease.

Plenty of hairy-assed southern boogie splattered all over BBC4 tonight: a documentary followed by archive performances followed by a couple of Whistle Tests, one of which is Skynyrd at Shepherd's Bush in 75 and the other is Capricorn Picnic in 76.

slide_184501_7.jpg

Plenty of hairy-assed southern boogie splattered all over BBC4 tonight: a documentary followed by archive performances followed by a couple of Whistle Tests, one of which is Skynyrd at Shepherd's Bush in 75 and the other is Capricorn Picnic in 76.

slide_184501_7.jpg

So they'll show Bob Harris' interview with Jimmy Carter again, and more guitar solos than any sane person could ever appreciate in one night's telly? I'm setting the recorder!

slide_184501_7.jpg

So they'll show Bob Harris' interview with Jimmy Carter again, and more guitar solos than any sane person could ever appreciate in one night's telly? I'm setting the recorder!

Mary, it sure was a fine n dandy documentary, boy. Ain't recknin' on no-one 'bout ready to kick it, even if y'all kin see Bonnie Bramlett gone done a shitload a drugs. And Gregg still got all his hair. But no Little Feat?!

What the hell, here's a half a Whipping Post...

Southern Man Gone West

And now David Toler's brother Dan Toler, who also played in the Allman Brothers Band, has announced he is suffering from ALS disease.

Dead http://ultimateclassicrock.com/allman-brothers-guitarist-dan-toler-dies/

Former Lynyrd Skynyrd drummer Robert Lewis Burns jr. killed in car crash aged 64.

That saves me a "dead drummers" post.

Love the fact that people are still posting on Artmis Pyle's Facebook page without mentioning the fact that, you know, he fucks kids.

Gary Rossington suffers heart attack: http://theboot.com/gary-rossington-heart-attack/

Experiencing more chest pains. It seems these health difficulties are becoming quite a regularity for him, could be worth a gamble for 2017.

Aye, UK obit for sure

• Like 1