Death Star

Kirk Douglas

Guest marklv

Definitely a goner very soon. Pretty certain he won't get to 98.

Guest Guest

Definitely a goner very soon. Pretty certain he won't get to 98.

what evidence do you base that view on?

It is interesting to note that Kirk Douglas and Eli Wallach are tied for 11 appearances on Deathlist. With the passing of Ronnie Biggs, they hold the record on the 2013 DL, for the most appearances. However, I have seen no evidence that one or both of them will be a "goner" soon.

Some thoughts about Kirk Douglas...

This may sound mean, but the curious side of me is sorta looking forward to the day when Kirk Douglas dies. Why? Well, while things will never turn into a "Savilian" scenario, I do wonder what Lana Wood & co. will be up to. She said that she would reveal Natalie's perpetrator by name once he died. How will Kirk's reputation be affected? I think he was already known in Hollywood as a real jerk, and he DID play such roles often on film...so maybe not that much. But I'd still be disappointed as I've grown up watching many of his movies on TCM.

As for his current health, I read a comment once that said that Kirk Douglas is one of those rare old people whose health improves as they age. He got his stroke back in 1996, lost his speech and had to work real hard to recover from it. It's still difficult to hear what he's saying, and I think this is part of the reason why we tend to see him as very frail. He both looks and talks like a walking skeleton, but that's just the exterior. Are we underestimating his full strength? I think I am, which is why I left him off my DDP team this year. I think he might even outlive Eli Wallach and Alan Young (two other actors born in the 1910s).

Of course, we've all seen the article about him dying, but who can take that site seriously? It sucks. http://www.showbizsp...s-is-dying.html

I noticed in late 2011 that he stopped using his Myspace blog. I took this as a bad sign, but Kirk actually keeps up with the media in one way or another. He guest wrote for Huffington Post about gun control back in June 2013: http://www.huffingto...r=Entertainment

A few months later, he whined about the downsides of technology: http://www.huffingto..._b_4039525.html

By the way, this is what he wrote on his 97th birthday: http://www.huffingto..._b_4411817.html

• Like 1

Guest Guest

He''ll be like Ernest Borgnine.One day we'll find out he just died after a short illness we knew nothing about.Could happen tomorrow. Could be another 10 years.

I wonder if he'll make another appearance at the Yawn-scars ceremony just like he did in 2011 and engage in some hilariously incomprehensible rambling, perhaps with Eli Wallach again. That's about the only thing that could get me to watch.

3 years is a long time when you are 97 though!

Guest Michael

Kirk Douglas has died

Kirk Douglas has died

Do you have a credible source for that?

I think his own son would know when he died!

Kirk Douglas has died

Oh no, and I watched Ace in the Hole yesterday. :(

RIP Kirk Douglas.

Guest Guest

All the major news networks are reporting the same thing...

Guest Guest

..they're reporting that michael is an idiot :rant:

Yet you fail to find a propper link?

Guest Guest

you clearly didn't read my 2nd post!

You would think that we in Britain would kind of know by now that Kirk has died. He's fairly famous you know...

Guest Guest

You would think that we in Britain would kind of know by now that Kirk has died. He's fairly famous you know...

Maybe he died years ago and they've just been using an anamatronic waxwork to pretend he's still alive. No idea why they would do that but just putting it out there...

Where's the source? If it was "all over the networks" then its bound to be on a related website...

I think what happened there was our first retard guest Michael just wanted to make a post, then our second retard guest tried to make light of the situation by stating that Michael is an idiot and THAT was all over the networks. Another good reason stop guests posting?

• Like 4

How am I suppose to know that both posts come from the same person?

• Like 1

I'm sure Kirk Douglas is fine. The person is a liar and their not convincing either.

Nothing gets past old Sam Spade here.