maryportfuncity

Comedians & Comedy Writers

Royally effs up my Inverse Dead Pool I'm sure, but I'll take consolation in the fact I picked her for other things.

Never overly impressed with her work. Except maybe her voice over for Gogglebox.

Edit: First ever hit for my Comedy Theme Team. 18 months of waiting....

• Like 1

Are you fucking kidding me.

I literally transferred Carolina Aherne out of my Shaun's Death By Numbers team 2 days ago!

• Like 4

My 6th hit, I don't know if I've ever had that many. This is the year that keeps on giving.

ETA 7, in 2012 when I came 24th! Thanks to some flukey insider knowledge, a strategically played joker and a fucking lucky obit 👍

• Like 1

Sarah Silverman

She recently posted on her Facebook she is lucky to be alive and had spent 5 days last week in an ICU due to what she thought was a sore throat being epiglottitis

Not a comic as such, but the former BBC head of comedy, James Gilbert, who put together the two Ronnies, has died aged 93.

Frank Miller looking dead at the Suicide Squad premiere:

https://twitter.com/SuicideSquadWB/status/760235680777768960

I'm not sure if the lighting is making it better or worse.

Intersting placing for this observation.

One for the 2017 list?

Eh, you're right... It's because I lazily searched for the word "comics". Post should be moved, I guess.

Frank Miller's been on my long list for years. He's clearly suffering from something, and there's a lot of cancer chatter on other forums, but no smoking gun other than appearance. As ghastly as he looks, some people just look like hell with treatable cancers, and others, from personal experience, look reasonably well with killers right near the end.

If I remember correctly, Frank Miller was "shot dead" by Gary Cooper in High Noon.

If I remember correctly, Frank Miller was "shot dead" by Gary Cooper in High Noon.

Damn! *crosses name off long list*

:P

This is a 2016 pic of Jack Riley, who became 80 at the end of last year. Ouch

CXmyfd7UAAABJDa.jpg

Same Jack Riley? http://deadline.com/2016/08/jack-riley-dead-bob-newhart-show-rugrats-mel-brooks-movies-1201806165/

Voice of Stu Pickles and more memorably Elliot Carlin in The Bob Newhart Show. Dead at 80.

Daily Mail for the DDP: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3749585/Jack-Riley-regular-The-Bob-Newhart-Show-dies-80.html

Great show. RIP.

There were some classic lines eg:

Sir Humphrey: How are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way? Sir Arnold: Sorry, I can't talk about that.

Great show. RIP.

There were some classic lines eg:

Sir Humphrey: How are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way? Sir Arnold: Sorry, I can't talk about that.

The favourite in this house:

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, I must protest in the strongest possible terms my profound opposition to the newly instituted practice which imposes severe and intolerable restrictions upon the ingress and egress of senior members of the hierarchy and will, in all probability, should the current deplorable innovation be perpetuated, precipitate a constriction of the channels of communication, and culminate in a condition of organisational atrophy and administrative paralysis, which will render effectively impossible the coherent and co-ordinated discharge of the function of government within Her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland! Hacker: You mean you've lost your key?
  • Like 2

Watching some Richard Pryor over the weekend, thought I'd check in to see how long-term "he's gotta be dead soon" candidate Paul Mooney was doing. Not great.

CrCo6KWVYAAKBJ7.jpg

He's on the left btw.