Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2012

This Is A Low.

Almost. Would Low Life be catchy enough?

Some of the picks I'm considering:

• Albert II of Belgium
    Dries van Agt
    Raymond van Barneveld
    Beatrix of the Netherlands
    Dick Bruna
    Mark Eyskens
    Fabiola of Belgium
    Jopie Heesters
    Piet de Jong
    Gijs van Lennep (probably not obit-worthy and quite healthy)
    Jean of Luxembourg
    Eddy Merckx
    Toots Thielemans
    Gerard Tieman
    Martin Veltman
    Joop Zoetemelk

regards,

Hein

At this rate I'll still be loading teams in February...

This Is A Low.

Almost. Would Low Life be catchy enough?

Some of the picks I'm considering:

• Albert II of Belgium
    Dries van Agt
    Raymond van Barneveld
    Beatrix of the Netherlands
    Dick Bruna
    Mark Eyskens
    Fabiola of Belgium
    Jopie Heesters
    Piet de Jong
    Gijs van Lennep (probably not obit-worthy and quite healthy)
    Jean of Luxembourg
    Eddy Merckx
    Toots Thielemans
    Gerard Tieman
    Martin Veltman
    Joop Zoetemelk

regards,

Hein

Could pun on the Benelux countries. How about....Bene-f***ed?

MH, if you want a racing chap, take out van Lennep and put in Jean-Pierre van Rossem, who is well known in Belgium, but did also have a spell as a racing team boss. He's not been wonderfully well and is vastly overweight but I don't think he's about to drop immediately. Gijs van Lennep on the other hand looks good for at least 10-15 years.

MH, if you want a racing chap, take out van Lennep and put in Jean-Pierre van Rossem, who is well known in Belgium, but did also have a spell as a racing team boss. He's not been wonderfully well and is vastly overweight but I don't think he's about to drop immediately. Gijs van Lennep on the other hand looks good for at least 10-15 years.

I agree Van Lennep is a dodgy pick. I did have a look at Van Rossem, for reasons of being fat, a bloke, 68 and (for me) well known for his shouting "Vive la République d'Europe! Vive Lahaut!" at the coronation of Baudouin of Belgium. I wasn't aware of his F1 "carreer". I wonder if his death will be noted in the English speaking world.

BTW, I have a few more candidates whom I won't discuss, as I have high hopes for unique picks.

Oh, TMIB, if I choose the same pick on both my team and my theme team and nobody else does, it's not a unique pick, right?

regards,

Hein

I agree Van Lennep is a dodgy pick. I did have a look at Van Rossem, for reasons of being fat, a bloke, 68 and (for me) well known for his shouting "Vive la République d'Europe! Vive Lahaut!" at the coronation of Baudouin of Belgium. I wasn't aware of his F1 "carreer". I wonder if his death will be noted in the English speaking world.

BTW, I have a few more candidates whom I won't discuss, as I have high hopes for unique picks.

Oh, TMIB, if I choose the same pick on both my team and my theme team and nobody else does, it's not a unique pick, right?

regards,

Hein

Er... yes. If team A is a normal team and B is a theme team from the same person, they're still different teams...

Just sent in my team - a little early I know, but I'm going to be busy over Christmas so I though I'd get it out of the way now. Good luck to everyone in next years comp.

I coudn't think of a theme team to comprise, so grabbed my names from all over

sent my team too, first time im trying this so I don't think I will do very good but who knows i might end up doing average :)

You can have either three normal teams, three theme teams, one theme team and two normal teams or one normal team and two theme teams...

As there are likely to be more theme teams than ever before, is there any chance of a separate scoreboard for them? That's all I'm entering and I'd much rather see myself up there in 43rd than down there in 443rd. :unsure:

You can have either three normal teams, three theme teams, one theme team and two normal teams or one normal team and two theme teams...

As there are likely to be more theme teams than ever before, is there any chance of a separate scoreboard for them? That's all I'm entering and I'd much rather see myself up there in 43rd than down there in 443rd. :unsure:

What, like this?

What, like this?

Yes. Exactly like that, without the SFA font. Mea culpa, mea caecus.

What, like this?

Yes. Exactly like that, without the SFA font. Mea culpa, mea caecus.

Actually, the font is a swipe from the Human League

51ku0F2mYBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Indeed, Kim Jong-Il was at number 11 with 98 picks...

One thing i forgot to ask!! Once the ddp 2012 starts how can we check how we and others are doing like who is 1st and last etc??

One thing i forgot to ask!! Once the ddp 2012 starts how can we check how we and others are doing like who is 1st and last etc??

Here.

regards,

Hein

Here.

regards,

Hein

thanks hein .

I should mention...it is usually custom not to reveal your team until after the 1st of January. I have noticed one or two teams on sigs already.

It is supposed to be a competition...and some unscrupulous person may steal some of your best picks. I only mention this because one of my picks has been revealed in a sig. Although I didn't expect it to be a unique pick, I thought most people may have forgotten about them.

I should mention...it is usually custom not to reveal your team until after the 1st of January. I have noticed one or two teams on sigs already.

It is supposed to be a competition...and some unscrupulous person may steal some of your best picks. I only mention this because one of my picks has been revealed in a sig. Although I didn't expect it to be a unique pick, I thought most people may have forgotten about them.

I realized that, but all my picks have been tossed around this forum once or twice and I don't expect to have any unique picks. If Deep Throat ever meets me in an abandoned parking lot to inform me that Putin has pancreatic cancer, I'll keep it under my hat.

I realized that, but all my picks have been tossed around this forum once or twice and I don't expect to have any unique picks. If Deep Throat ever meets me in an abandoned parking lot to inform me that Putin has pancreatic cancer, I'll keep it under my hat.

Yeah the early revealing kind of bothers me too. But I didnt know about Brendan Lillis before. And now I do, so...

Yeah the early revealing kind of bothers me too. But I didnt know about Brendan Lillis before. And now I do, so...

I can live without having any unique bonuses.

Interesting to have viewpoints of other members list beforehand. Gary Carter was an unfamiliar name so looked him up. Mets player so should have known as I'm thinking going to a game some day. Brain tumours are tricky, his were detected early and althought aggressive and malignant were promptly treated and reduced in size from daiagnosis in May to reported in Aug to be only 20% of the mass. So it sounds like he should be fully mended by now. Question is... Risk putting a recovered guy in your team, or chance your arm that the cancer will be victorious over the next 12 months?