- - - - -

Wrestlers/actors

772 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Amo_*

• Guests

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:30 AM

You should all remember Big Boss Man from WWF Wrestling. He passed away according to reports on www.wwe.com

#2 Guest_JohnC_*

• Guests

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:34 AM

Oh no! Juts saw the Latest News on the website. He was cool!!! Its a shame he's dead.

#3 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,243 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:45 AM

He was a good(?) actor
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#4 Guest_boss man is god_*

• Guests

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:15 AM

the boss man was da gr8est wrestler who lived and i goin 2 miss him

#5 honez

I have no life

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:14 PM

the boss man was da gr8est wrestler who lived and i goin 2 miss him
Never was there such a touching and well thought out eulogy.
Well done. 10 points.
Five zombies. Four bullets. Two zombies.

#6 Guest_boss man #1 in the hearts of the_*

• Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 07:23 PM

:D does anybody know how he died? this tradgedy will leave a void in the hearts to all wrestling fans worldwide ;) Rest in Peace, my friend, Rest in Peace ;)

#7 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,243 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

sorry for being a sceptic, but, " wrestler?" These people are entertainers and are probably members of equity.

#8 Teddy

Assassin

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:48 PM

boss man #1 in the hearts of the, on Sep 28 2004, 08:23 PM, said:

:D does anybody know how he died?
According to the Internet Movie Database it was a heart attack.

And yes, heaven can wait, 'wrestlers' are actors, and have Equity cards. But I did read once that strippers can also have equity cards, and I am sure they don't just act at taking their clothes off ;) At least, I hope not!

But I do recall watching a documentary about Brett 'The Hit Man' Hart, in which his last fight was scripted to some extent (they seemed to pass messages to each other saying what the next moves would be). However, he got very upset when he lost the fight, as he wanted to go out with a win, and was apparently told he would. So, there seems to be some acting, some pre-planning, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't like to be in the ring with Hulk Hogan, actor or not!!
"Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death's perfect punctuation mark is a smile." - Julie Burchill

#9 Grim Reaper

Post-Twunt

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:35 PM

I saw that show too Teddy - Brett really was an unhappy lad at the change of script.

I believe they also changed the script for Owen Hart's last contest without telling him :D

#10 The Yeti

Assassin

• Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:56 PM

"Owen Hart tragically lost his life at Over the Edge, May 23, 1999. As the Blue Blazer, he should have made the entrance like a super hero from the ceiling, but the cable he was connected to either broke or became disconnected and he fell 50 feet into the ring, his head hit a turnbuckle and snapped back. Owen was given CPR in the ring and taken to hospital, where he was declared dead due to cardiac arrest."
Theatrics, eh ?
Ex-Hart by name, ex-heart by nature ...

I can never quite figure out why in the US of A a bunch a big musclely sweaty men jumping all over each other is quite so popular to big fat sweaty men watching them ....
life, n : the whim of several billion cells to be with you for a while.

Dodo deado, Dodi deado, Di deado, Dando deado ... Surely Dido's looking dodgy ?

Despite the high cost of living, it still seems popular.

#11 Typhoid Harry

Post-Twunt

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:34 AM

The Yeti, on Sep 28 2004, 02:56 PM, said:

I can never quite figure out why in the US of A a bunch a big musclely sweaty men jumping all over each other is quite so popular to big fat sweaty men watching them ....
This, along with the popularity of NASCAR, are what I consider to be the most recent Biblical signs of Armageddon. :D
I'm not sure if it's Marxism in action or a West End musical... - Dr. Who

#12 Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,243 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:47 PM

Point taken Mr Teddy. What I meant was they are entertainers passing themselves off as wrestlers. How can anyone take such a beating, and just when they are about to take their terminal breath, suddenly have a surge of strength and beat their oponent to a pulp within 30 seconds..

P.S. I don't really fancy being on the wrong side of mr Hogan either. :D

#13 Guest_superduude_*

• Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:49 AM

I know how Big Boss Man died. Undertaker killed him after the Hell in the Cell match he had with Undertaker. He hung him to death. :lol: :rip: :lol: R.I.P.
Big Boss Man

#14 The Four Horsemen

Assassin

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:06 AM

Dear Superduude,

Don't be silly.

Regards,

TFH
It is surely better to be pissed off than pissed on

#15 Josco

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:35 AM

superduude, on May 5 2005, 01:49 AM, said:

I know how Big Boss Man died. Undertaker killed him .......
I've never heard of an undertaker actually creating business by murdering potential customers. Brilliant wheeze, a sort of Shipman of the mortuary.
"If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear...." Jacqui Smith - Ex-Home Secretary (and many other misguided fools)
"I fear having to prove I have nothing to hide." Josco

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".
William Pitt, 1783

Shaw's Principle: "Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it."

#16 Guest_SIMON R_*

• Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:05 AM

YOU ARE A GAY F**KFACE F**k HEAD SUUPER wat eva

#17 The Four Horsemen

Assassin

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:01 AM

SIMON R, on Jun 12 2005, 01:05 AM, said:

Was this addressed to anyone in particular, or is it something you've been meaning to get off your chest for some time?
I understand you can order some cheap valium from a wide variety of sources, if all the emails I tend to receive on the subject are anything to go by - I recommend you try it, and maybe a nice cup of camomile tea.

#18 Teddy

Assassin

• Moderators
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:03 AM

SIMON R, on Jun 12 2005, 02:05 AM, said:

Whatever happened to all the decent drive-by ranters?

There was a stage when we had to split threads, in order to have a 'proper' thread and a 'ranting' thread, ie Emyln Ranters and Emlyn Tributes. Same with Fred Dibnah.

Now all we are resigned to are semi literate ranters who , it appears, are incapable of anything other than obscenities.

I have no idea if this post is directed at one of the members, or even at 'Big Boss' himself. And I have absolutely no idea who 'eva' is. Could someone please help...
"Tears are sometimes an inappropriate response to death. When a life has been lived completely honestly, completely successfully, or just completely, the correct response to death's perfect punctuation mark is a smile." - Julie Burchill

#19 The Four Horsemen

Assassin

• Members
  • 984 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:04 AM

People called "Eva" don't seem to do that well really. Eva Braun, Eva Cassidy and Little Eva all died relatively young - I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned here!

#20 Teddy

Assassin

• Moderators
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:12 AM

The Four Horsemen, on Jun 12 2005, 11:04 AM, said:

People called "Eva" don't seem to do that well really. Eva Braun, Eva Cassidy and Little Eva all died relatively young - I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned here!
And lets not forget Eva Peron - only 33 when she went.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users