Grim Reaper

Fidel Castro

Does anybody ever wonder just what the fuck Mr. C does all day? Or attempts to do? (Apart from sit around sporting that confused old man look that he has in all his pics.) It's an odd situation he's in because most dictators don't retire from dictating - they either get deposed in a bloody fashion or they die in the job.

I know he had a stroke a couple of years ago so I guess that means visits from lap dancers are off the menu.

Does he sit back and reminisce to himself about his favourite moments of oppression?

Does he bug Putin with text messages and offer him Worthers' Originals if he comes round to visit again?

Does he pose in front of the mirror in his JJB threads and make comments like "Classy!" and "Pimp!"?

Surely we are only days or weeks away, I feel ecstatically excited about his imminent demise, the only thing I don't like is I neglected to put him on my HPDP entry.

Maybe we could get him interested in posting on this site.

His DDP team of World Leaders That Will Die Before Me would be a blast. Maybe he would like some DL Merchandise and post some pictures. We need someone to replace Ronnie Biggs.

• Like 2

Does anybody ever wonder just what the fuck Mr. C does all day? Or attempts to do? (Apart from sit around sporting that confused old man look that he has in all his pics.) It's an odd situation he's in because most dictators don't retire from dictating - they either get deposed in a bloody fashion or they die in the job.

I know he had a stroke a couple of years ago so I guess that means visits from lap dancers are off the menu.

Does he sit back and reminisce to himself about his favourite moments of oppression?

Does he bug Putin with text messages and offer him Worthers' Originals if he comes round to visit again?

Does he pose in front of the mirror in his JJB threads and make comments like "Classy!" and "Pimp!"?

Surely we are only days or weeks away, I feel ecstatically excited about his imminent demise, the only thing I don't like is I neglected to put him on my HPDP entry.

Maybe we could get him interested in posting on this site.

His DDP team of World Leaders That Will Die Before Me would be a blast. Maybe he would like some DL Merchandise and post some pictures. We need someone to replace Ronnie Biggs.

Yes - Ariel Sharon was very disappointing.

• Like 1

Is he dead yet?

No.

My guess is that he thinks death is a bourgeois method of oppressing the masses he'll take no part in.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

My guess is that he thinks death is a bourgeois method of oppressing the masses he'll take no part in.

regards,

Hein

On the other hand... all are equal in death.
  • Like 1

' From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. ' He has the ability to kick the bucket; Deathlist needs him to do it. As a good Marxist, he should comply.

• Like 2

' From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. ' He has the ability to kick the bucket; Deathlist needs him to do it. As a good Marxist, he should comply.

That's brilliant.

Hoisted by his own retard petard!

If like me you prefer to watch a parody of someone while they're still around (if possible), you should seek out and watch (or re-watch) the brilliant Simpsons episode "The Trouble with Trillions" in which Fidel Castro "appears". (Although it's not him providing the voice, obviously.......)

Also, dunno if anyone in these times still does the thing with the male relatives at X-mas where you all sit down and watch "guy movies" (i.e. action movies) but the brilliant and underrated Die Hard 2, which features a Castro-esque leader as one of the main villains is definitely worth watching (again).

That should be enough Castro for any sane person.....

If like me you prefer to watch a parody of someone while they're still around (if possible), you should seek out and watch (or re-watch) the brilliant Simpsons episode "The Trouble with Trillions" in which Fidel Castro "appears". (Although it's not him providing the voice, obviously.......)

Also, dunno if anyone in these times still does the thing with the male relatives at X-mas where you all sit down and watch "guy movies" (i.e. action movies) but the brilliant and underrated Die Hard 2, which features a Castro-esque leader as one of the main villains is definitely worth watching (again).

I assumed it was meant to be Noriega...

What, with the cigar and beard? Yeah....

No .. he won't be the next DL favorite.

Why not? Are you saying he won't make it to 2015? Or that somehow he's just "not special enough" or something? If the second one, then what kind of bonkers mind would say that?

Oh btw, fuck your mother BS cos I can tell you like the guy. I'll steam your kidneys for twelve hours, lob 'em into an empty McDonalds happy meal bag and serve it to starving Eskimos as "Beetroot Surprise".

Guest Guest

Fidel Castro was a nice young boy and wrote a polite letter to the US president in 1940. Is this the words of an evil dictator? I think not.

Santiago de Cuba

Nov 6 1940

Mr Franklin Roosvelt, President of the United States.

My good friend Roosvelt I don't know very English, but I know as much as write to you. I like to hear the radio, and I am very happy, because I heard in it, that you will be President for a new (periodo). I am twelve years old. I am a boy but I think very much but I do not think that I am writing to the President of the United States. If you like, give me a ten dollars bill green american, in the letter, because never, I have not seen a ten dollars bill green american and I would like to have one of them.

My address is:

Sr Fidel Castro

Colegio de Dolores

Santiago de Cuba

Oriente Cuba

I don't know very English but I know very much Spanish and I suppose you don't know very Spanish but you know very English because you are American but I am not American.

(Thank you very much)

Good by. Your friend,

[signed]

Fidel Castro

If you want iron to make your sheaps ships I will show to you the bigest (minas) of iron of the land. They are in Mayari Oriente Cuba.

Since it is once again the lovely Monique's birthday, I realized it was time to drop in and wish holiday greetings to our dear amigo Fidel.

May his upcoming year be happy, healthy and filled with plenty of nice Nicaraguan cigars (or wherever it is that he gets them from)

Since it's obvious that the kindly and loving and living Fiddles isn't about to cash in his chips any time soon, I propose that we remove him from the list of muerte as he has no need to be in such a silly spot!

(of course I was wrong about Eli Wallach so you might want to ponder over that for a while)

He is too big a figure to miss!

Guest Guest

No sign of Fidel commenting on yesterday's big news.Could he be on his death bed or even dead allready?

No sign of Fidel commenting on yesterday's big news.Could he be on his death bed or even dead allready?

I haven't commented either. I guess I'm on my deathbed or possibly dead as well.

• Like 3

Guest Guest

I haven't commented either. I guess I'm on my deathbed or possibly dead as well.

Ah but maybe the sanctions were lifted BECAUSE Fidel is close to death and there is now a political opportunity for closer ties that Fidel wouldn't allow...Or am I talking total balls? 😐

Guest Commandante en jefe

Ah but maybe the sanctions were lifted BECAUSE Fidel is close to death and there is now a political opportunity for closer ties that Fidel wouldn't allow...Or am I talking total balls? 😐

Close to death? Well, he is now 88 and his health has been failing for some time, that's for sure.

But even though he still likes to comment world affairs, there might be some other (plausible) explanations. His brother, Raúl is now the president, he had enough time to consolidate his grip on the Cuban state and if their opinions differed on this issue, he could've denied him the opportunity to voice his opposition. After all, Cuban media is largely state-controlled and presumably strictly censored by his men.

Also, even if he is not on his deathbed, at 88, he might have become senile and unable to give advice on policy issues due to dementia, Alzheimer's etc.

Finally, while he might have realized the economic and political necessity of normalizing US-Cuban relations, he could've preferred to stay in the background to avoid losing his face.

Btw. the "official version" of the story states that Fidel was involved and agreed to what his brother has done: "Raul Castro sounded a cautious note, stressing that there were still »profound differences« between the two countries. (…) He also mentioned his brother Fidel Castro a number of times, implying that the talks had been given the approval of the leader of the 1959 Cuban revolution."

Re: Fidel's little bro Raul....... guess he'll be in the top job for a while yet, "unless".....? Here's a video of him responding to Obama's announcement.... he's actually older than Fidel was when he quit but looking a lot better for it.

Also...

Yeah you were right, I hadn't watched it in so long and it was meant to be essentially a representation of Noriega but you can see why I got confused.... it's obvious what they were going for looks-wise.

Esperanze.jpg

The supposed political persuasion of the villain(s) wasn't really that important anyway, it was just an awesomely-made movie, and the brilliant action scenes and plot twists more than makes up for the few flaws (like a few too many references to the first movie that made it drag a little, and maybe something else I won't spoil). Seriously, how can a movie that has the "McDowell's" guy from Coming to America playing a loud-mouth US Army Major/platoon leader be written off?

Is he dead yet?

No. And what with the new openness between the United States and Cuba he's likely to hang on a bit longer. :clap:

Re: Fidel's little bro Raul....... guess he'll be in the top job for a while yet, "unless".....? Here's a video of him responding to Obama's announcement.... he's actually older than Fidel was when he quit but looking a lot better for it.

Also...

Yeah you were right, I hadn't watched it in so long and it was meant to be essentially a representation of Noriega but you can see why I got confused.... it's obvious what they were going for looks-wise.

Esperanze.jpg

The supposed political persuasion of the villain(s) wasn't really that important anyway, it was just an awesomely-made movie, and the brilliant action scenes and plot twists more than makes up for the few flaws (like a few too many references to the first movie that made it drag a little, and maybe something else I won't spoil). Seriously, how can a movie that has the "McDowell's" guy from Coming to America playing a loud-mouth US Army Major/platoon leader be written off?

The discrepancies presumably would be lost on your average yank cinema goer, Central and South America was just basically a hotchpotch of red commies as far as they were concerned