harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

American Football Players

Just placing this here for general discussion purposes: NFL acknowledges link between football and brain disorders (CTE, ALS, etc)
SC

• Like 1

Just placing this here for general discussion purposes: NFL acknowledges link between football and brain disorders (CTE, ALS, etc)

SC

And we all chorus with 'DUH.'

• Like 1

SC

And we all chorus with 'DUH.'

That´s because people with brain disorders love to play football, innit?

Baltimore Ravens (NFL) rookie cornerback Tray Walker is in critical condition following a motorcycle accident in Miami. He was a 4th round pick in 2015 and played in 8 games for the Ravens.
SC

News that's 5 minutes old:

Howard Hokie Gajan, a football presence in Louisiana for more than 40 years, died Monday.

For the past 15 years, Gajan was the analyst of New Orleans Saints broadcasts on WWL-AM, but he was an all-state back at Baker High School and later a productive back at LSU under Charlie McClendon and Jerry Stovall. He went from being a 10th-round draft choice the 249th pick in 1981 to a prominent runner with the Saints under Bum Phillips and Jim Mora. Gajan was diagnosed with cancer last year, and his daughter Kristin Gajan Sell told WWL Radio on Monday morning that Gajan had been moved to intensive care.

RIP, big loss to Who Dat nation.

SirC

http://theadvocate.com/sports/saints/15220811-173/hokie-gajan-longtime-saints-radio-analyst-and-former-player-dies-at-56

Brace yourself for this one!

The world of Massachusetts sports was shaken Sunday by news of the death of Ron Brace at age 29. The former New England Patriots defensive lineman hailed from Springfield, Mass., and played at Boston College. The cause of Brace’s death is not yet known, but the Patriots confirmed his passing. The team made him its second-round selection, 40th overall, in the 2009 draft.

SC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2016/04/24/former-patriots-defensive-lineman-ron-brace-dies-at-age-29/

Tom DeLeone, the tough-nosed center who made two Pro Bowls during 11 seasons with the Cleveland Browns.

DeLeone was the center for Cleveland’s “Kardiac Kids” team led by quarterback Brian Sipe, who was voted the NFL’s MVP in 1980. DeLeone, who played at Ohio State, started 104 games for the Browns.

He was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2011. He passed away at his home in Park City, Utah.

SC

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/may/23/tom-deleone--ex-browns-center-described-/?print

Bryan Robinson, who played on the defensive line for five NFL teams from 1997 to 2010, has died at age 41.

Robinson was pronounced dead after 10 p.m. on Saturday after being found in a Milwaukee hotel room, the Milwaukee County medical examiner's office said in a statement. An autopsy done Monday found no trauma, and the cause of death is pending results of toxicology tests. Milwaukee police told the Chicago Tribune that there were no signs of anything suspicious, and they are investigating the situation as a sudden death.

SC

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16173979/former-nfl-player-bryan-robinson-found-dead-age-41

Curley Johnson, who punted for the Jets in their Super Bowl victory over the heavily favored Baltimore Colts in 1969, died on Sunday at his home in Granbury, Tex. He was 80. The Jets announced his death but did not specify the cause.

SC

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/sports/football/curley-johnson-punter-for-super-bowl-winning-69-jets-dies-at-80.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

prez_bears_111007_TOP.jpg

So for whatever the 1985 Superbowl Bears were invited to the white house today.

Pictured holding the trophy is Buddy Ryan. Judging by how he looks and the news about his wife dying of Alzheimers earlier in the year makes me think he is someone who might be worth a DDP pick in 2014.

Buddy Ryan is dead, and I just added him to my list last week:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/agent-buddy-ryan-nfl-coach-mastermind-super-bowl-40185042

prez_bears_111007_TOP.jpg

So for whatever the 1985 Superbowl Bears were invited to the white house today.

Pictured holding the trophy is Buddy Ryan. Judging by how he looks and the news about his wife dying of Alzheimers earlier in the year makes me think he is someone who might be worth a DDP pick in 2014.

Buddy Ryan is dead, and I just added him to my list last week:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/agent-buddy-ryan-nfl-coach-mastermind-super-bowl-40185042

Definitely one of those names where I'm astonished he lasted as long as he did.

A former Indianapolis Colts running back died Tuesday after accidentally shooting himself in the stomach at a Roseville car dealership earlier in the day, according to authorities. Zurlon Tipton, 26, of Detroit, was pronounced dead at St. John Hospital & Medical Center in Detroit, said Lloyd Jackson, a spokesman for the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office. Investigators said Tipton had discharged one of two handguns he had in a backpack of a Jeep Wrangler that he brought in for service at Mike Riehl’s Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram at 25800 Gratiot Avenue near Frazho Road.

"Thanks for bringing your vehicle to Mike Riehl’s Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram for service. So what's wrong with the Jeep sir?'
"There's a little popping sound coming from the back seat"

SC

Former Chicago Bear William "The Refrigerator" Perry is in the hospital.

Perry was taken to Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital on Friday to get medication to help control his diabetic condition. When doctors checked him, they found a leg infection.

SC

http://www.cinewsnow.com/news/local/William-Refrigerator-Perry-hospitalized-in-Chicago-364425011.html

A recent, in-depth profile of the Fridge's current health status here. In a nutshell he's overweight and diabetic but remains hopelessly addicted to the bottle.

I don't think his will see 2017 but he should be deathlist on next year.

Who the f uck are they when they are at home??????

• Like 1

Muppets-gif.gif

I don't think his will see 2017 but he should be deathlist on next year.

Wrong. DL isn't the least bit interested in American sports figures. There are those here (LMAO) who would suggest the UK media 'might not publish an obit' for Starr, or Jim Kelly for instance. As if.

​I can't say Gordie Howe was a miss, he had experimental injections with an unknown shelf life. Now we know. Bart Starr is a lock to die inside of 18 months. So yes, he should be in the top 15 of DL next year if he makes it. But you'll not see him. Or Jim Kelly. Or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Or Stan Mikita. Or.....

​(Before I hear it let's nip this shit in the bud: Ali transcended sports.)

​SC

The NFL is overwhelming the number 1 sport in America and Bart Starr is an Icon of one of it's most popular teams.If Kirk Kekorian and Fergie Frederiksen met the threshold for Us name inclusion in the past, I don't see why Starr couldn't get a spot in the top 50 should he be alive Jan 1.

• Like 1