Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Koto Okubo at 115 though still waiting on an English conformation.

edit for :dammit, by seconds..........

• Like 1

Guest Guest

But Jiromeon Kimura marches on-first man to ever celebrate his 116th birthday in april !

Guest Guest

Now down to 14 people alive born in the 1900s and 29 from victorian era

Eldred G. Smith, Patriarch Emeritus of the Mormon Church and now the oldest living person in Utah, looks like absolute shit at 106.

Looks like it's a matter of months, regret not picking him now > http://www.ksl.com/?...48&sid=23684420

Yeah, but John Prescott is over 30 years younger and he looks like shit already!

UK obit for Okubo from somewhere that doesn't normally get the obit first - The Daily Express - http://www.express.c...-woman-115-dies

Points for 11 teams including, from a historical viewpoint, DDP veterans, The Vrydolak and Joe Ram

Yes, always nice for the senior teams to still show they've got it!

The worlds oldest living politician Gerhard Helders has died at 107 http://en.wikipedia..../Gerard_Helders

Now the waiting game starts. Will UK media pick up the story and give me my first ever Theme Team points?

Damn, should have entered him. But I've had him in my personal top 50.

It looks like you were quite right by not entering him. No obit yet. I'll keep looking for one, but I'm afraid he's List of the Lost material.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

There are reports that the worlds 3rd oldest person Hatsue Ono also died on friday b ut i can't find any verification of this yet

There are reports that the worlds 3rd oldest person Hatsue Ono also died on friday b ut i can't find any verification of this yet

Then dont post your crap until you have verification!

I'm sure, when you beat me by a few secs on a post last year 'cos I was getting a link, that your advice was to post and edit in the link later coffee3.gif

I'm sure, when you beat me by a few secs on a post last year 'cos I was getting a link, that your advice was to post and edit in the link later coffee3.gif

Doesn't take over an hour to get a link.

Just 13 left alive from the 19th century with the death of Terue Ashida http://z3.invisionfr...view=getnewpost

We can read Wikipedia you know...

Actually, I enjoyed the Guest's Victorian countdown...

What odds would one receive on the chances of the last verified Victorian also been the last person still alive from the 19th century?

13 were born before 31/12/1899 & 14 were born before Queen Vic's death on 22/01/1901, all in with a chance of course.

More often than not, when the oldest verified person dies there's at least one living person from either the same year of birth or the year after that (I just now checked every oldest living person starting with Jeanne Calment, and her and Sarah Knauss are the only ones from that time period who DON'T fit that criteria... and they're the two longest lived) so odds definitely favor those who exited the womb during the 20th century bar one of the 19th century folk becoming another Calment.

More often than not, when the oldest verified person dies there's at least one living person from either the same year of birth or the year after that (I just now checked every oldest living person starting with Jeanne Calment, and her and Sarah Knauss are the only ones from that time period who DON'T fit that criteria... and they're the two longest lived) so odds definitely favor those who exited the womb during the 20th century bar one of the 19th century folk becoming another Calment.

[Jeremy Paxman voice]

Yeeessssssssssssssssssss

[/Jeremy Paxman voice]

Guest Adrian Stanley

If Queen Elizabeth II is still alive in September 2015 she will break Queen Victoria's record as the longest reigning British monarch. If any Victorians are still alive at that point they will have to be 114 years and 8 months.old so it's just possible that a few Victorians might live to see Victoria's record broken.

If Queen Elizabeth II is still alive in September 2015 she will break Queen Victoria's record as the longest reigning British monarch. If any Victorians are still alive at that point they will have to be 114 years and 8 months.old so it's just possible that a few Victorians might live to see Victoria's record broken.

Or assuming that Queen Elizabeth does not follow the Popes career path and decide to jack-it-all-in for a life of retirement & let Charlie have a go for little while, blimey he's waited long enough!

Guest Guest

No way. Lizzie wont quit till she's broken Vickys record. Not when she's got this close!

Or assuming that Queen Elizabeth does not follow the Popes career path and decide to jack-it-all-in for a life of retirement & let Charlie have a go for little while, blimey he's waited long enough!

I do not think QE II will abdicate because of the shadow that Edward VIII's abdication casts.