Cowboy Ronnie

Hosni Mubarak

If he's docked 50, points, can I have them, because I picked my team based on the expectation that they would all die within the year. Here we are, nearly 7/12ths through the year and not one hit. Its not within the spirit of the game!

The difference is that if executed my candidate would be DEAD, whereas yours would still be ALIVE.

Thus I should get points because my candidate was DEAD, and you shouldn't because yours are still ALIVE.

I agree that your candidate will be dead, but, if he's executed, he will have died by circumstance not entitling you to any points, so, harsh as it may be, you shouldn't have any points.

If he's docked 50, points, can I have them, because I picked my team based on the expectation that they would all die within the year. Here we are, nearly 7/12ths through the year and not one hit. Its not within the spirit of the game!

The difference is that if executed my candidate would be DEAD, whereas yours would still be ALIVE.

Thus I should get points because my candidate was DEAD, and you shouldn't because yours are still ALIVE.

I agree that your candidate will be dead, but, if he's executed, he will have died by circumstance not entitling you to any points, so, harsh as it may be, you shouldn't have any points.

Under the circumstances I should have my points because when I chose him back in December there was no hint of an execution. Everybody knows why the no execution rule was brought into play, and everybody knows that it doesn't apply to Mubarak's circumstances due to the timeline. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue if 'one of the gang' had chosen him.

Deep down I'm sure that you all understand why I'd be entitled to the points. It really depends on how long you all plan on acting like a bunch of arse licking plebs, desperate to stay on the good side of the DDP organiser.

OK - so I don't have the old guy on my team and hence I don't really have a vested interest.

As far as I can see, the rule was put in to stop most teams looking like "No Noose is Good Noose".

In a way that idea was inspired, but it departed from the spirit of the game. In the 2007 game the said team had 15 unique entries but got just 6 hits. The thrust of the game has to be, "to spot latent talent in the already widely famous to curl up their toes within a period of 12 months".

I fall into the "give points for executed persons" should they not be noted (and that includes being involved in serious court cases) as being under such specific threat at the turn of the current year. After such imprisonment and death sentence having been handed down then such a person would not be valid during the following year for points should the noose be used.

I viewed Mubarak as worthy of getting into my 2012 DDP team on health grounds. But who could have known at the start of the year the number one regional strong guy was second in line to be faced by the Arab Spring revolt? I say if the guy swings this year then the points should be awarded including those for the un-natural death bonus. But not the bonus one for a death on the 13th, since this could aid a rebel team who picked Mubarak and could now be sitting in judgement!.

Under the circumstances I should have my points because when I chose him back in December there was no hint of an execution. Everybody knows why the no execution rule was brought into play, and everybody knows that it doesn't apply to Mubarak's circumstances due to the timeline. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue if 'one of the gang' had chosen him.

Deep down I'm sure that you all understand why I'd be entitled to the points. It really depends on how long you all plan on acting like a bunch of arse licking plebs, desperate to stay on the good side of the DDP organiser.

I understand perfectly why you think you should be entitled to the points. Do you understand why I think you shouldn't?

As for being an 'arse licking pleb desperate to stay on the good side of the DDP organiser', why would you even think this? I don't know, or even care, if I'm on his good side or not (if I am, its not helped me thus far), and I'm not even sure anyone has demonstrated any arse-licking (except maybe DDT, and I'm sure that was meant tongue in cheek (oo-er!)).

I understand perfectly why you think you should be entitled to the points. Do you understand why I think you shouldn't?

As for being an 'arse licking pleb desperate to stay on the good side of the DDP organiser', why would you even think this? I don't know, or even care, if I'm on his good side or not (if I am, its not helped me thus far), and I'm not even sure anyone has demonstrated any arse-licking (except maybe DDT, and I'm sure that was meant tongue in cheek (oo-er!)).

You don't think I should get the points because you evidently don't understand the nature of the 'no executions' rule - the same problem which afflicts the current organiser. Having read his latest update, it doesn't look like he is going to alter the until the 2012 competition.

As for my earlier rant, I was trying to deflect the votes against me by suggesting there is a conspiracy against me. It's not working. B)

As opposed to standing up to them?

You have form...

That's what I found while researching the original thread regarding the executions rule which was originally modified by Octopus. He of course agrees with your argument, which is generous of him considering you were slagging him off from the beginning when he was the host.

My original views on executions was rather sanguine at the time.

I am now convinced of the counter argument to an extent. It's a question of interpretation and the rule isn't really clear enough. If we take it by the letter of the law it can be interpreted that no points are awarded for executed prisoners, so logically if Mubarak gets the noose, he wouldn't qualify. However as Mr Hein succinctly pointed out, Mubarak was not a prisoner when he was chosen in December 2010. That is indeed true.

The rather sly accusations about him not being in my team and thus not (potentially) being awarded points is as crass as the argument that Osama bin Laden counts as an execution and smacks of what this has been about all along - self interest. That you were effectively arguing that others should be docked points is hardly what anyone call being in the "spirit" of the game either so you should get off your high horse on that one...

However, I shall reserve final judgement on this particular affair until the hearing is over, as angryGreatness says. Mubarak is still alive, for now...

But the executions (as indeed the unnatural rule) will be changed for 2012...

(hits gravel) Meeting adjourned...

You can see why he was chucked out of the Boys' Brigade.

Oh brilliant. A speedy trial... :banghead:

Prosecutors have demanded Hosni Mubarak be given the death penalty: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16429694

We know no points will be awarded on the DDP this year if he is executed, but will he still count as a hit on the deathlist?

Prosecutors have demanded Hosni Mubarak be given the death penalty: http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-16429694

We know no points will be awarded on the DDP this year if he is executed, but will he still count as a hit on the deathlist?

That's not strictly true as he hasn't been convicted yet. He will score points, just not unnatural points bonus...

Prosecutors have demanded Hosni Mubarak be given the death penalty: http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-16429694

That's not strictly true as he hasn't been convicted yet. He will score points, just not unnatural points bonus...

We'll have to wait till the 9th to see if he does receive the death penalty.

The unwritten rules state that if someone is napping at a trial in the courtroom and only if they are being accused of giving permission to kill eight hundred or so berzerk Egyption citizens who are hungry for revolution and insane, list him. I like that rule.

Hosni Mubarak is still the President: http://edition.cnn.c...-mubarak-trial/

His lawyer claims there was no written resignation, which means he is still President according to the constitution...

I reckon he just fell in with the wrong crowd

Looking forward to seeing if he is still on the trolley...

Mubarak gets life... Paradoxically this is good for us, I guess... More of a chance of him dying naturally and still counting toward the list. We can only hope he wills himself to death knowing he's got nothing left.

Mubarak gets life... Paradoxically this is good for us, I guess... More of a chance of him dying naturally and still counting toward the list. We can only hope he wills himself to death knowing he's got nothing left.

Absolutely. Conveniently avoids the thorny execution issue...

Just been tweeted.

Mubarak suffers 'health crisis' upon arrival at Tora prison after sentencing, state TV reports

Guest Guest

unconfirmed reports coming in that Mubarak is DOA. hit no 5 for the year yippee!

Just been tweeted.

Mubarak suffers 'health crisis' upon arrival at Tora prison after sentencing, state TV reports

Let me guess, he was seen to be clutching at his chest rather dramatically...

Was the "heart attack" like this ?

Who said anything about it being a heart attack? The headline was that he suffered a 'health crisis' upon arrival.

Who said anything about it being a heart attack? The headline was that he suffered a 'health crisis' upon arrival.

There are other reports that claim it was a heart attack

There are other reports that claim it was a heart attack

Cheers Phantom. I didn't read that report.

rumour has it his heart attack was something similar to this .