4 minutes ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

I'm 17

The point stands even more in that case.

27 minutes ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

I'm 17

My sympathy diminishes when I remember your bro is in the Army, and has all the duty free he can get......

Be nice to the cunt MK.....

Banks. Nat West in particular.

I spent a fruitless 20 mins on the phone trying to amend a standing order only to be told- you need your Nat West mini device to allow me to do that over the phone. So instead I then had to drive 15 mins across the City to a branch - the last branch not in the City Centre. 

Got to the branch signs up saying it’s closing next month. Woman on the counter was rude no name badge , wouldn’t order me a mini device. I was so fed up I walked out the branch into TSB next door who confirmed with some pride that this branch wouldn’t be closing, yes you can amend standing orders over the phone and I can switch my accounts in 7 days with no loss of service to myself nor my SOs and DDs.

Well done Nat West. 17 years of loyalty down the drain. And more importantly well done TSB for making banking suddenly seem much easier again

• Like 3

My long-held issue with people using the term "one-hit wonder" to refer to bands and artists who had more than one hit. Just beacuse one of the songs was bigger than the others, doesn't mean they're One Hit Wonders. I mean look at this, from Spotify's official Playlist team btw:

Hanson had four top 10 singles ("Where's The Love", "I Will Come To You" and "Penny and Me", alongside "Mmmbop"). Whigfield had three top 10 singles. Mark Morrison had five! Right Said Fred had a song ("Deeply Dippy") that actually charted ahead of what's called their "one hit" here ("I'm Too Sexy"). 

And that's not even broaching the number of people on there who had hits as part of a group (Travie McCoy, ODB, Sharam). 

"Glorious" by Andreas Johnson though - a one hit wonder and a 10/10 banger.

Rednex, Chumbawumba and Haddaway all had a second top twenty hit, too. Who doesn't remember Old Pop in an Oak?  Happy people, that's who.

I find the idea of a one hit wonder to be very odd in general. I mean, even Jimi Hendrix was technically a one hit wonder in the US, and he has plenty of critically acclaimed songs now...

• Confused 1

Spade Cooley -- I agree in general with your take.  I wouldn't put too much stock in the person on the other end of the list who is compiling said list and is making determinations with what appears not a great deal of knowledge.  It would also help if they had an asterisk * with a 1-sentence definition of what they are calling a 1HW....then we could trifle with their definition rather than the songs they've posted.
I once sat through some 'top 100 1HW' video show (on VH1 or summat) trying to figure out the top 5 or so (for my money, 'I Melt With You' is the 'best' 1HW song -- and I paid to see Modern English in concert lol) only to have them play 'I Ran" by  Flock of Seagulls as #4....the whole thing was a sham at that point.

I think you make a solid point though.
There are legit 1HWs and Nena, who is on that list, is definitely a torchbearer (maybe not in Germany though, and that opens Pandora's Box).  Carl Douglas as well.  
SC

Regardless, there is still no excuse for Hanson.

• Like 1

Switch from lates to earlies.

Finished at 2245 last night (after Overtime) to start at 0930. My choice. 

Been like wading through treacle today 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

Switch from lates to earlies.

Finished at 2245 last night (after Overtime) to start at 0930. My choice. 

Been like wading through treacle today 

I remember those days; I once finished two weeks of lates, finishing at 0230, and immediately starting two weeks of earlies starting at 0600. Three and a half hours between shifts. Like you, my choice (though forced by circumstances). Probably one of my least productive days ever (at least without the encumbrance of a hangover). I never liked earlies at the best of times.

Not quote the same as I set alarm for 5am regardless of season, and don't need it....

But wandering around throwing a Frisbee for the dug at 5.30am today banished the snow blues.

It is sooooooo light compared to even the clocks changing.

Bring it. 22 hour daylight is braw.

3 hours ago, time said:

I remember those days; I once finished two weeks of lates, finishing at 0230, and immediately starting two weeks of earlies starting at 0600. Three and a half hours between shifts. Like you, my choice (though forced by circumstances). Probably one of my least productive days ever (at least without the encumbrance of a hangover). I never liked earlies at the best of times.

At my previous job we had to do extended days to supervise junior staff who were working. One guy and I were meant to be on alternate weeks of earlies and lates after one day we decided to permanently switch I would do the early and he would do the late. It worked better for us both.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2011 at 20:06, welshman said:

Dale Winton be gone

Your wish is his command.

• Haha 1

Scammy ads that show up on my Instagram feed.

Avoid social media, it's in their interest, not yours.

Then again, I have no friends, so no great loss.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bands who make you wait 5 years for a new album and then don't even release a few singles before the main album.

I'm looking at you Arctic Monkeys. May 11 can't come soon enough.

Movie spoilers. There's a movie I plan on seeing tomorrow, and I think I already saw a spoiler to that film just by looking at a meme on social media. Hope I'm wrong, but really annoying if true. :rant:

Women that use the word 'hun' on social media.

Line them up against a wall and shoot them!

Better still, get them to call Charon 'hun' and let him take care of things.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fucking righteous sister.

*technically I am one.....

6 minutes ago, charon said:

Fucking righteous sister.

*technically I am one.....

Everybody has a skeleton... :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope to have several :)

And buried fucking deep, 60 fathoms at least.

A man needs a retirement goal or two, just to fend off dementia.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, charon said:

I hope to have several :)

And buried fucking deep, 60 fathoms at least.

A man needs a retirement goal or two, just to fend off dementia.

Amen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-44258509

This article speaks for itself.

When they make Burgers, Buns, doughnuts, chocolate, fizzy drinks, chips etc taste like dog shit then people won't eat them.

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

When they make Burgers, Buns, doughnuts, chocolate, fizzy drinks, chips etc taste like dog shit then people won't eat them.

Don't you fucking dare give them ideas.