Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

He's back at that caper? Saw him many a time when he was in the Fingers.

Unfortunately yes. Even though it's probably what he enjoys doing, From The Jam are essentially a Jam cover band. It just seems a bit odd to appear in a cover band that he was one of the driving forces behind. He was good with SLF although I wasn't that enamoured with the 3 albums they released during the 15 years he was in SLF.

There are lots of bands who are reduced to one original member. I guess he would still like to be in The Jam, but can't use the name.

I keep meaning to catch them as they seem to be performing at a venue somewhere near me every year. As we all know, the money's all in live gigging these days.

Does he perform any new material with FTJ?

"Back In The Room" was done with the line-up from FTJ, but released as a solo album by Bruce Foxton.

s-l500.jpg

It's fairly good, albeit not exactly original or truly inspired. Played a cut as a mystery track on the radio earlier this year.

• Like 2

The theme is back in the room with the books, the rug, the couch, a guitar and the fox but the musician is no where to be seen. What does this mean?

The theme is back in the room with the books, the rug, the couch, a guitar and the fox but the musician is no where to be seen. What does this mean?

It means he's gone for a coffee and he'll be back in a little while

• Like 1

http://tunein.com/radio/TD1-Radio-s113426/

​Dunno where else to promote this, but it's my cousin's radio program (The Gray Area) on TD1 Radio from the Galashiels. Lots of different music programs on there, one will be to your liking.
​SC

I saw Roy Chubby Brown last night, and I'm seeing Frankie Boyle tonight.

Don't judge me, fuckers :D

• Like 1

Saw Lissie Monday night at o2 Forum. Excellent live performer, gives it everything. The travelling band as support were pretty good, and also acted as her backing band on the night. She should keep them, worked really well.

Judging nowt Lardy, just envious!

I have to say, I've seen Frankie Boyle twice before and shat myself with laughter both times - this time, he was funny, but was lacking a bit - I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

Chubby Brown was, well, Chubby Brown. Did a brilliant version of that song 'I Wasn't Expecting That' that had me crying with mirth!

I have to say, I've seen Frankie Boyle twice before and shat myself with laughter both times - this time, he was funny, but was lacking a bit - I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

Chubby Brown was, well, Chubby Brown. Did a brilliant version of that song 'I Wasn't Expecting That' that had me crying with mirth!

Glad Chubby was on form; you and me clearly share an appreciation of people who are good comedians first and foremost. I always had an appreciation for Bernard Manning's talent despite the politically correct mob hating his very existence. He did some cracking satire and off the wall gags, just kept them to a minimum.

• Like 1

Today's Grace Jones' 68th birthday (birthday for sure, 68 presumably).

I saw her yesterday at the sold out Electronic Beats Festival in Cologne and she was stunning (better to say: she still is!!)!

Full of life, full of power, full of fun! But nearly no clothes! :D

The audience loved her and she enjoyed to perform and to be loved!

No musician to check out @69 or in the near future.

Miss Grace Jones: I adore you! :wub:

• Like 1

I saw her yesterday at the sold out Electronic Beats Festival in Cologne and she was stunning (better to say: she still is!!)!

She is on my wannasee list. Glad to hear she's still killing it.

She is on my wannasee list. Glad to hear she's still killing it.

Absolutely! She's a true legend! Go out and watch her, you'll never regret that!!!!

• Like 1

Saw Romesh Ranganathan in Salisbury tonight, very funny indeed.

Not me but loads of people I know went to see Bruce Springsteen at Hampden a couple of nights ago. And they all say he was amazing

• Like 1

Saw Legendary Shack Shakers last weekend. Managed to get J.D.Wilkes to autograph a couple of albums for me.

Not me but loads of people I know went to see Bruce Springsteen at Hampden a couple of nights ago. And they all say he was amazing

I went to see him in Coventry last night.

And Manchester last week.

Going to Wembley tomorrow.

I'd come and shout at you every night for half the price.

Can't fucking abide Bruce Springtwat.

• Like 3

What is it that you don't like, exactly?

Personally, I don't like his voice, his 'Santa Claus is coming to town' rendition is, quite possibly the worst vocals ever on any record.

Having said that, as a song writer, his contribution to music is as important as Dylan ( another god awful singer) in terms of capturing the mood and times of modern America and the World or summat.

Its like, you write brilliant songs but give them to others to sing.

Each to their own, though.

• Like 1

His shouty voice. Massively over-rated in my opinion. I was about to say the same as LFN regarding Santa Claus. What an absolute steamer that is!

Personally, I don't like his voice, his 'Santa Claus is coming to town' rendition is, quite possibly the worst vocals ever on any record.

Having said that, as a song writer, his contribution to music is as important as Dylan ( another god awful singer) in terms of capturing the mood and times of modern America and the World or summat.

Its like, you write brilliant songs but give them to others to sing.

Each to their own, though.

His shouty voice. Massively over-rated in my opinion. I was about to say the same as LFN regarding Santa Claus. What an absolute steamer that is!

Fair comments. It's not the voice that attracts me to Bruce's music. His voice does vary a bit over the entire repertoire though. Sometimes he sings in character, and sometimes he brings out a particular drawly, good ole boy delivery that I really dislike. But then he can sometimes sound like Roy Orbison.

Most people have probably only heard about half a dozen of Bruce's songs, but that's just the tip of the tip of the iceberg. He has some fantastic songs that were never released on studio albums, and some of the fun of seeing him live is to see what rarities he might bring out. It's an incredible range of songs as well, it's not all rock by any means. Then you have his superb E Street Band as well.

I'm no evangelist, people like what they like, but I bet if you went to one of Bruce's shows, it would surprise you. He rarely gives less than three hours, usually 30+ songs. He knows how to reach the audience, whether you're a diehard fan, a casual fan, a bucket lister or even a sceptic. The lad on the bus the other night was blown away by the show - he said he didn't know Bruce's songs except the obvious ones, only went along with a friend because there was a ticket going spare and wasn't expecting to enjoy it, but he thought it was the best gig he'd ever been to.

• Like 1

So this was a different Romesh Ranganathan from the unfunny twat we see on telly then?

• Like 3

So this was a different Romesh Ranganathan from the unfunny twat we see on telly then?

Probably a different one, it's such a common name! 😄

His real name is Jonathan, factoid fans!

• Like 1

70 year old Neil Young, absolutely awesome (again) at the 02 last night.

May well see at least two of his CSNY mates (Crosby and Stills) out. Nash has always had a disgustingly healthy look about him despite being a few years older than Young.

But - stonking gig. Keep 'em comin'

70 year old Neil Young, absolutely awesome (again) at the 02 last night.

May well see at least two of his CSNY mates (Crosby and Stills) out. Nash has always had a disgustingly healthy look about him despite being a few years older than Young.

But - stonking gig. Keep 'em comin'

Rumour has it that Neil Young and Marni Nixon are the parents of a secret love child; I doubt it's true though.

• Like 1