MadMac

Rowdy Roddy Piper

well i guess he will not be one of the death list casualties this year. he was just on WWE's monday night raw this past week and he looked to be in great shape.

Ah but he might have an accident in the stylee of Owen Hart, don't count your chickens just yet Monsieur Invader :blink:

well i guess he will not be one of the death list casualties this year. he was just on WWE's monday night raw this past week and he looked to be in great shape.

Ah but he might have an accident in the stylee of Owen Hart, don't count your chickens just yet Monsieur Invader :rolleyes:

If memory serves, Eddie Guerrero also appeared to be in "great shape" right before he was struck my the grim reaper's folding chair. You can pretty much guarantee that another three professional wrestlers over the age of 35 are going to die at some point this year, it's just picking the right ones that's the crapshoot.

It is usually the washed up heavy steroid users that die in their fifties. If any of you have ever heard, the Von Erich faimly have a history of suicide. Four out of five are dead I believe.

Guest masked invader

Ah but he might have an accident in the stylee of Owen Hart, don't count your chickens just yet Monsieur Invader :rolleyes:

If memory serves, Eddie Guerrero also appeared to be in "great shape" right before he was struck my the grim reaper's folding chair. You can pretty much guarantee that another three professional wrestlers over the age of 35 are going to die at some point this year, it's just picking the right ones that's the crapshoot.

you both make a very good point. after all, any one of us can die just like that, even though i dont wish that on anyone. what i should of said is that he will probably not die for the reason why he was on this list.

Guest masked invader
It is usually the washed up heavy steroid users that die in their fifties. If any of you have ever heard, the Von Erich faimly have a history of suicide. Four out of five are dead I believe.

and a wretler was found this past weekend dead from an apparent suicide by hanging himself. mike awesome was a 2 time ECW champion who was only 42

Roddy Piper was just on tv monday looking perfectly fine guess this one was a bust

Roddy Piper was just on tv monday looking perfectly fine guess this one was a bust

I was just telling one of the official members of the committee yesterday what a drag Piper was and especially to select him so high. Better off putting Vince McMahon on the list, he definitely took steroids. And steroids make bones break, and they create organs to shrink, and they cause heart attacks and strokes. Not to mention what else they can do to a guys body.

I was just telling one of the official members of the committee yesterday what a drag Piper was and especially to select him so high. Better off putting Vince McMahon on the list, he definitely took steroids. And steroids make bones break, and they create organs to shrink, and they cause heart attacks and strokes. Not to mention what else they can do to a guys body.

Or their wife's body.

Or their son's body.

Given the Benoit stuff, anything could happen within the industry so don't count Rowdy Roddy P out of it yet! :dead:

Calm yourself Hack Jack, and don't take steroids. Everyday is an experience for us to learn and live. It's positive to believe through your eyes you will see it.

Rowdy Roddy Piper has spoken of his "drugs shame"

The rambling WWE legend was filmed making the claims at a concert as he puffed a joint then inhaled from a 'bong' pipe. But the wrestler, who was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2006, claimed he only used dope to ease his symptoms

I thought he'd been given the all clear from cancer last year, so he's either lying or he's still unwell. He doesn't exactly look at death's door in the video of the happy event.

Missed this till now but Piper was done for DUI eariler this month:-

Cut and paste from his wiki page:-

On July 2, 2009, TMZ.com reported that Piper was arrested on suspicion of DUI in the early morning hours in Hollywood, California. Piper was stopped by police at around 1:00 a.m. and given field sobriety tests. He was then arrested. His bond was set at $5,000.

Reports that his cancer has returned and he might not have long to live.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/267986-...ay-be-gone-soon

Another report that his cancer hasn't returned and he's not dying.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/ru...-returned-87323

Reports that his cancer has returned and he might not have long to live.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/267986-...ay-be-gone-soon

Another report that his cancer hasn't returned and he's not dying.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/ru...-returned-87323

The generally credible PWInsider.com is reporting that there is no truth to the rumours. Their Mike Johnson reports:

"In regard to reports floating around that WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, they are 100% untrue.

In speaking with one of Piper's representatives today, I was told that while Piper has taken time off for health-related issues after wrapping his most recent film, he is not dying and was not diagnosed at that time with being terminally ill from cancer.

I was told Piper was advised by his doctors to take a break from his work schedule to recover from some health issues and is doing so.

An official statement from Piper's representatives may be forthcoming, but in any event, no, Piper is not terminal with cancer.

All that said, do keep Piper in your thoughts as he deals with his health issues".

Just as a follow-up, Mr. Piper is presently hosting RAW as I type and looking very fit and well.

Damnit - the 2007 list was only a few years ahead of it's time :(

I can just picture him at the pearly gates - "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass..."

• Like 1

That really sucks. Another dead wrestler....... and someone who was funny enough to make fun of Edge's penis.

I'll always remember him telling Mick Foley "You jump off rooves! You have people throw you off 25 steel cages onto the floor! You land on thumb-takes!"

• Like 1

Damnit - the 2007 list was only a few years ahead of it's time :(

Big miss for the DDP too. Picked every year from 2007 to 2014...but not this year!

Guest Guest

shit.i was certain that was hit no 10 which would have made this years list most successful ever along with 2008.but it wasn't. so it's not.

Damn less than an hour old and y'all on top of it.

Roddy Piper was probably my favorite character and this makes me sad, along w Dusty it's a terrible month for those who remember the great ones.

RIP

SC

He came to heaven to kickass and chew bubble gum and he is all out of gum.

• Like 2

He recently had a bust up with steve austin too hope they buried the hatchet before he died.

R.I.P hot rod.

They say things come in three's will we have another notable wrestling death soon?

Well, damn.

Fucked that one up, didn't we?

You still might get lucky with Jake the Snake this year, though he appears to have put the drink and drugs behind him now he has doubtless shaved years off his life with 2+ decades of habitual abuse