Godot

Munchkins/midgets/dwarves/oompa-Loompas/pygmies/shortarses

I checked the edit history of the account that added his death, as I always do, and see the person who added his DOD also caused "death by Wiki" for John Williams, June Foray, Lizzie Velasquez, and that SeaWorld orca that killed his trainer in the past. Don't think it's legit.

He also claimed Elijah Wood was dead.Why haven`t they banned him?I mean it is a reprehensible thing to fake someone`s death.I mean what if a friend or family member heard the rumors.It must be really frightening to hear rumors about an individual if you are close to them and especially if they are old!

Maybe she told someone that her Uncle died and they assumed she meant Jerry?

I just edited his wiki.No reference given.

https://twitter.com/StacyMichelleB:A woman who claims to be Maren`s niece via her twitter seems to suggest it is true!

Could be the wrong uncle though?She does refer to Steve?
Unless "uncle Steve" is a nickname for him.

That was my first thought but on her bio it says she has an uncle Stephen Barrington (Barrington being Jerry Maren`s late wifes maiden name).Seems weird if you had one Uncle Steve that you would refer to another uncle by the same name if he had another name you could use.Also I have come across Stacy Brrington`s account before when searching info on Jerry and her bio hasn`t been edited since.

I was just joking

https://twitter.com/StacyMichelleB/status/704092096613982208:This one looks ominous though.Two uncles dying in two days.Seems too much a coincidence to me!

Earlier tweet says uncle Steve died on Saturday, update on Maren's wiki page stated he died yesterday

http://www.examiner.com/article/munchkin-actor-jerry-maren-has-died

Page and link active and they're calling bullshit. As am I. Dude was making appearances a few months ago. IT DOES say he had pancreatic cancer....who knew?!??! He was on my teams (2 of em) last year, goddamit.

SC

• Like 1

Page and link active and they're calling bullshit. As am I. Dude was making appearances a few months ago. IT DOES say he had pancreatic cancer....who knew?!??! He was on my teams (2 of em) last year, goddamit.

SC

That link is active, but if you click on the previous one you'll get the page not found error.

I'll have sympathy for his family, but I'm not going to shed a tear. He was a miserable git. I met him twice about 10 years ago. I've mentioned it a couple of times on here, he wouldn't shake your hand until you handed over $20.

SC

That link is active, but if you click on the previous one you'll get the page not found error.

I'll have sympathy for his family, but I'm not going to shed a tear. He was a miserable git. I met him twice about 10 years ago. I've mentioned it a couple of times on here, he wouldn't shake your hand until you handed over $20.

Sounds like he would have mad a brilliant Grumpy in Snow White :P

TMZ confirming that Maren, aside from being alive, doesn't even have pancreatic cancer.

This does raise one question... has there been any death-by-Wiki-vandalism cases that made any media splashes to the degree this has?

I do know there's at least one instance of a Wiki hoax being a recorded DDP hit, with silent film actress Pola Illery. Died in the 90s, but was unknown for quite some time, so when her death was falsely reported in 2012, Telegraph ran with it and the hoax was only uncovered two years later, when DDP 2012 was closed too long for anything to be done!

TMZ confirming that Maren, aside from being alive, doesn't even have pancreatic cancer.

This does raise one question... has there been any death-by-Wiki-vandalism cases that made any media splashes to the degree this has?

I do know there's at least one instance of a Wiki hoax being a recorded DDP hit, with silent film actress Pola Illery. Died in the 90s, but was unknown for quite some time, so when her death was falsely reported in 2012, Telegraph ran with it and the hoax was only uncovered two years later, when DDP 2012 was closed too long for anything to be done!

Vernon Kay was said to have been killed in a boating accident a few years back.Also there was the Jeff Goldblum incident where it was said he died in a plane crash just after MJ died.I think that one made the news but they did say they couldn`t officially verify it on the new desk.

As for Jerry he is indeed"alive and well":

https://twitter.com/DFilaccio

Vernon Kay was said to have been killed in a boating accident a few years back.

The celebrations were very short-lived.

• Like 3

I think Slim Whitman's faux death report was generally believed to be true, before he did actually die a while later.

CNN posted a report on the death of Professor Stephen Hawking and a second one regarding his memorial; both were later removed.

Tony Munro, who covered Associate and Affiliate cricket for more than a decade with ESPNcricinfo, died on Saturday morning in Australia at the age of 52. He was admitted to a Sydney hospital on April 15 after suffering a stroke and never recovered. Munro, who was born with dwarfism, had suffered health complications throughout his life including a previous stroke in 2008.

SC

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/1002051.html

CNN posted a report on the death of Professor Stephen Hawking and a second one regarding his memorial; both were later removed.

Might I ask why the hell youre posting this info here?

SC

SC

Read up the thread, you'll notice we were discussing faux death reports in light of the Jerry Maren hoax.

• Like 1

Prince would have fitted here as well as the Minneapolis midget.

• Like 1

SC

Look out Cat, it's the thread police!

• Like 3

Prince would have fitted here as well as the Minneapolis midget.

Hawking towers over him 'tis true

SC

Look out Cat, it's the thread police!

Nothing to do with thread police you knob, it just didn't make any sense.