Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

Herbert Lom

Was a brilliant foil for the Pink Panther films opposite Sellars. RIP

Even if he did partake in the unspeakably awful instalments which attempted to prolong the franchise after Sellers had died

Even if he did partake in the unspeakably awful instalments which attempted to prolong the franchise after Sellers had died

A man's gotta eat.

A man's gotta eat.

They sure picked Sellers' bones dry

Guest ATS

A man's gotta eat.

Didn't they just and then made those fucking horrible new ones with Steve Martin!!

A man's gotta eat.

Didn't they just and then made those fucking horrible new ones with Steve Martin!!

Indeed, though in fairness trying to step into the shoes originally filled by Sellers was always gonna be fighting a losing battle, even if Martin was still making funny movies. In the past 2 decades he seems to have become King of the shit Hollywood remake - Father of the Bride, Sgt. Bilko, Cheaper by the Dozen, and now these Pink Panther abominations. Where's Dennis Pennis when you need him???

My father-in-law leant my daughter the DVD of the Ladykillers. Herbert is the only surviving member of the cast but my daughter (aged 16) loved it. Superb film. So gentle but wickedly funny

Does your father in law have any DVDs of Margaret Thatcher he could lend your daughter by any chance? :)

I hope it doesn't work like that otherwise David Jason and Lynda Baron should be scared. :)

• Like 1

My father-in-law leant my daughter the DVD of the Ladykillers. Herbert is the only surviving member of the cast but my daughter (aged 16) loved it. Superb film. So gentle but wickedly funny

Does your father in law have any DVDs of Margaret Thatcher he could lend your daughter by any chance? :)

I hope it doesn't work like that otherwise David Jason and Lynda Baron should be scared. :)

Good grief! Whatever happened to Lynda Baron?

Good grief! Whatever happened to Lynda Baron?

She is alive and well and appeared in the 2011 episode of Doctor Who Closing Time.

It would be a very long shot to consider her for any Deathlist.

Still no pun or obit after nearly a month...

Why does it take so long to fill in the details on the main page? Tony Martin is also not closed up with a proper farewell.

Having trouble thinking of a DL pun still? How about 'Herbie's a Write-Off'

Herbie (Doesn't) rides again?

Herbie Czech's out?

Still nothing. Only 25 days to go...

Herbie Czech's out?

You used mine! Fantastic!