Crispy

Andy Fordham Memorial Darts Thread

Andy Fordham will he retain his title ???  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sure most of you don't recognise the name. He is a professional darts player.

If you haven't seen him, he weighs about 20 - 25 stone. Surely a heart attack waiting to happen!!

I know it's a massive long shot for next year as he's only 41, but you never know.

Check out this link, and believe me he's even bigger than the pictures show

http://www.andythevikingfordham.com

• Like 1

Darling

How could anyone not have heard of this gorgeous beast of a man. I have a locket of his hair close to my heart.

Death Comes To Us All Wearing Pixie Boots

I reckon Andy Fordham would definitely fail on the famousness test. He doesnt even play in the proper Darts World Championships on Sky does he??

I do have to agree that he does look huge on his website and if Darts is made an Olympic sport will surely be the most unhealthy Olympian ever.

I dont think DeathList has inlcuded a Darts player since Leighton Rees in 1991 and he took until 2003 to die so its not as easy to hit the checkout with these guys as you might think.

I saw some of this darts guy on TV on Sunday. Talk about larger than life. The other bloke he was playing was someone King, the shitter who complained once that the air conditioning was on too high and it was making him miss his throws, then this year he apparently made them re-measure the distance from the throwing block to to the board because he said it was wrong. The net result was I ended up hoping for the Tubby Round guy, to the extent one actually hopes for one darter or another.

Not that any of this has anything to do with death. Does Fordham drink and/or smoke heavily? I suppose everything he does, he does "heavily". Remember what happened to John Belushi, John Candy, Chris Farley and a few other overweight 24 hour party people. But the Reaper is right on the fame test - I'd never heard of Fordham until the other night.

Ronnie

You've never heard of anyone. Andy Fordham is a legend amongst us armchair sports fans.

If he can be world champion then so can I. Just need to find the right sport.

Mr Stats

Taken ill during last night's pay-per-view (now tell me, did anyone in all of Britain actually sign up and pay £7.99 to watch darts?) match with Phil Taylor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/4033289.stm

I think he deserves serious consideration for next year. If he was that size and a comedian he'd be a shoo-in.

I think the viking has what it takes to retain his title

i want to now what everyone else thinks

i agree with Mr Stats i think he is the best one out their and he is one i look up to

i am determind to achive the best i can i already play for a darts team and they can tell how much i love the sport and are fighting for me

hope i make it one day

Madact :pop:

According to The Guardian the PPV was watched by over a million viewers - unless that was the combined weight of the audience :pop:

Good to see that this strange new sports development ended in true boxing style controversy with big Andy throwing in the towel - wow, what a towel!

So Fordham not only gives away a few clues about the true state of his health but also ensures he clearly now passes the DL fame test :)

just noticed the other topic........... Still haven't heard of him

what title is he trying to retain? Dart tosser most likely to be nominated for the DL? Now that I know who he is, along with his 40 stone frame and near death experience on PPV last weekend, I'd say sure.

Un point

He's being reported in the paper today as joining "Celebrity Fit Club" in January, so provided he doesn't explode in the style of Mr Creasote over Xmas there's every chance of an exercise-induced cardiac in the New Year!

As reported by Horsemen the Darts Tosser (thanks Ronnie for that spot-on description) is joining the Celebrity Fit Club, but the writing is on the wall.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2004550096,00.html

If I were the producer of CFC, I would be reading the small print on the "death in service" section of Mr Fordham's contract, just in case.

DWB :D

all this talk about "stone". how many pounds exactly is a stone? is it close to a lug?

all this talk about "stone". how many pounds exactly is a stone? is it close to a lug?

Google is your friend.

Bad week for the Viking then - out of the World Champs (poor man's version) and dropped from the 2005 DeathList just before it was finalised. :o

And for the my first off-topic rant of the year...as my TV licence fee is now due - why do BBC insist on spending my money on some dodgy Darts tournament when Ive got a superior product to watch on Sky at exactly the same time...? :angry:

Bad week for the Viking then - out of the World Champs (poor man's version) and dropped from the 2005 DeathList just before it was finalised.

Ooooh, that sounds interesting. Is there anywhere we can see the "nearlymen" of deadlist 2005?

Death Watch Beatle Posted on Dec 1 2004, 07:28 PM

As reported by Horsemen the Darts Tosser (thanks Ronnie for that spot-on description) is joining the Celebrity Fit Club, but the writing is on the wall.

Just saw him on the telly advert for CFC. jeeezzo, is this guy big or is this guy big?

why do BBC insist on spending my money on some dodgy Darts tournament when Ive got a superior product to watch on Sky at exactly the same time...? :lol:

You've got to give it to the darts associations, I mean, how crazy is it that they are both on at the same time. I too had this problem the other day - purely watching for research purposes, of course (DWB).