Grim Reaper

Geoffrey Hughes

So why is he on the list?

So why is he on the list?

He has advanced prostate cancer.

Link

Ah, so he is not feeling too grand then!

Too many dodgy soap stars, why bother with anyone from Corrie, Eastenders, etc. Surely we can come up with real celebrities rathers than these clowns.

Too many dodgy soap stars, why bother with anyone from Corrie, Eastenders, etc. Surely we can come up with real celebrities rathers than these clowns.

Yeah, all these people from minor unwatched insignificant TV shows like "Coronation Street" and "Eastenders". We should have had some actress from some fucking 50s movie nobody has ever watched instead.

Dodgy soap stars? Lou Beale from Eastender and Jack Duckworth from Coronation Street are legends of two prominent soaps. We should only start to worry when actors from Emmerdale or Hollyoaks are put on the list. :burnash:

As for Geoffrey Hughes, although he was a relatively minor character in Coronation Street, he is a rather big name when you consider his more recent roles in 'Keeping up Appearances' and 'The Royale Family' (deathlisters will note he wasn't in this years (2010) Christmas special).

Go ahead, we're all ears.

As for Geoffrey Hughes, although he was a relatively minor character in Coronation Street, he is a rather big name when you consider his more recent roles in 'Keeping up Appearances'...

I thought he was one of the obscure Pommies I didn't know untl you mentioed that and it clicked with me that it is the bloke who played Onslow! Poor old Onslow is dying!!! :burnash::party::party:

He is one of my role models...

I'm not normally know for being a pedant, but the character was called Eddie Yeats and not Yates.

As for Geoffrey Hughes, although he was a relatively minor character in Coronation Street, he is a rather big name when you consider his more recent roles in 'Keeping up Appearances'...

I thought he was one of the obscure Pommies I didn't know untl you mentioed that and it clicked with me that it is the bloke who played Onslow! Poor old Onslow is dying!!! :burnash::party::party:

He was a lazy vest wearing tinny drinking bastard of the 1st magnitude - top quality bloke. Although why he never dumped his missus (Daisy) and had a stab at her short skirted sister Rose ............

mary%20millar.jpg

was always beyond me. And lets not forget his portrayal of Twiggy in the Royle Family - truly a Man for all Seasons.

I'm not normally know for being a pedant, but the character was called Eddie Yeats and not Yates.

Yes, he was (fictionally) related to William Butler Yeats in the show.

He was a lazy vest wearing tinny drinking bastard of the 1st magnitude - top quality bloke.

That's why we Aussies can relate to him. ;)

He was a lazy vest wearing tinny drinking bastard of the 1st magnitude - top quality bloke.

That's why we Aussies can relate to him. ;)

But he was really good at cricket in that show.

• Like 1

I thought he was one of the obscure Pommies I didn't know untl you mentioed that and it clicked with me that it is the bloke who played Onslow! Poor old Onslow is dying!!! :ph34r::(:(

That's why we Aussies can relate to him. :)

Might only be a matter of time until he is just ashes...

There appears to have been no further news since his relapse was announced 12 months ago, has anybody else heard anything?

They say no news is good news...but for whom?

There appears to have been no further news since his relapse was announced 12 months ago, has anybody else heard anything?

Onslow in Keeping up Appearances is like a hero of mine so I hope he's ok

my role model :)

Given that he was diagnosed with relapsed prostate cancer I would suspect probably not, he probably wouldn't be on this list if he was!

Given that he was diagnosed with relapsed prostate cancer I would suspect probably not, he probably wouldn't be on this list if he was!

Put it this way,theres a lot of people on the list I'd rather see go before Geoffrey Hughes...

I thought he was one of the obscure Pommies I didn't know untl you mentioed that and it clicked with me that it is the bloke who played Onslow! Poor old Onslow is dying!!! :birthday::party::(

That's why we Aussies can relate to him. :)

Might only be a matter of time until he is just ashes...

A friend of mine has met him and says he is a really nice bloke... but then people always say that when they meet someone semi-famous, its a claim to fame thing... Don't know why but i find it amusing that he is actually dying

Guest janiceann

RIP geoffrey Yeates a stunning versatile actor--one of the best!!!

Guest Guest

iI'm sorry to hear that Geoffrey Yates has died.Geoffrey Hughes on the other hand is still very much alive and probably well

RIP geoffrey Yeates a stunning versatile actor--one of the best!!!

Geoffrey Hughes is an actor...who is still alive.

Eddie Yeats is a fictional character...who is not known to have died yet.

This is the latest info I've found on his condition. Can't find a date on the article, but it's at least a year old as his age is given as 66

"He is a warm and talented man and we are all looking forward to working with him again on the 'Royle Family Christmas Special'."

So - was he in it?